User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

New member, but LOVING this board and had to share my BRAG :D

Went to Superstore for our regular bi-monthly shopping trip, and read (on this board) that I can use both Store coupons and Manufactor Coupons on same item. WOW, What a difference in my couponing!! Thanks so much for the tip.

We purchased $229.03 of groceries ALREADY on sale..
    Used $ 101.35 in coupons..
    In total we PAID 127.68 for two to three weeks of food for a family of SEVEN :D

That includes:

2 x Purex Laundry Detergent (96 loads/each);
    2 x 12 packages of Yogurt (2.99/case);
    2 x 24 rolls of Toilet Paper;
    10 x cans of Campbells soup (@ .37/can);
    10 x cans of Zoodles;
    24 x Snack Packs of Pudding;
    40 x Granola Bars;
    3 x Family Size boxes of Cheerios (with FREE yogurt coupons on box),
    5 x Cans Apple Juice (FREE),
    12 x large jars of Heinz Baby Food;
    6 x Loaves of Wonder Bread;
    5 x Combo Packs of Glade Candles for gifts (FREE)
    and tons more.

Doing my happy dance.

So, what's your brag??
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Wow Peterman. Thanks sounds fabulous. I tried to do this a couple weeks ago and while I was able to do it 2x at CH store , I could not do it at Portland. I asked before doing it all times and was told yes but when I got to the Portland street cashier she said no because of the "not to be combined with any other coupon" clause. I haven't done it since. Is there a new policy now? What SS was this?

I'm glad this helps out your family of 7, it can be so tough at times.

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I was told it was no problem, and the supervisor rang in my purchase each time (we were there twice) as we used over 20 coupons. I am going to check the policy now to ensure it was correct. I wonder where I can find the policy? Hmmm....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

what superstore were you at?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't shop at Superstore, but I was mailed bonus Air Miles coupons and collected 55 last night. That's neat that you got to stack.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peterman View Post
    I was told it was no problem, and the supervisor rang in my purchase each time (we were there twice) as we used over 20 coupons. I am going to check the policy now to ensure it was correct. I wonder where I can find the policy? Hmmm....
    Hey, if the supervisor let you do it that's great. They used to do this back in the early part of summer, so who knows, maybe I had an uninformed cashier.

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

It was Superstore - Portland Street, and I went twice and had no problem. The bottom of the receipt even lists how many store coupons (Coupon Zone) are used and how many manufactor coupons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Going to get groceries tomorrow night I'll let you know how i make out.. just sorted all my coupons to take.. and I'll check the board when I get there.. Keep ya posted!

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

The store coupons I was able to use in conjunction with my manufacturer coupons was Glade and Keuring K-Cups. All the rest were manufacturer coupons. :D Hope that helps!

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I'll give it another shot along with Murdocae and let you know as well.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Omg I guess I have to go to superstore today lol....there will be new coupon zones out anyways since the last time I was there....i always go through the manager's lane anyways so they don't have to call for an override so I'll just ask her!

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

pamplemousse - Great job on the 55 bonus air miles. Every little bit counts!

always looking
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have done this in the past in spryfield and no one said boo to me however, I tried a weeks ago @ braemar and was somewhat rudley told this was fraud with Manufacturer coupons combined and I could be charged for doing so as the product manufacturer wouldn't grant duplicate rebates on one product... it was worth a try I figured. Well I won't be trying that at anymore unless something has changed at SS but it is rumored that Target will be allowing this with in store coupons as well...fingers crossed that we will soon be allowed.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by minegirl View Post
    I have done this in the past in spryfield and no one said boo to me however, I tried a weeks ago @ braemar and was somewhat rudley told this was fraud with Manufacturer coupons combined and I could be charged for doing so as the product manufacturer wouldn't grant duplicate rebates on one product... it was worth a try I figured. Well I won't be trying that at anymore unless something has changed at SS but it is rumored that Target will be allowing this with in store coupons as well...fingers crossed that we will soon be allowed.

I always have trouble using coupons at Braemar. Love the store but there is one there that won't let you get away with much. Good for you Peterman.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by minegirl View Post
    This made me think about the coupon zone coupons. I know that when I did this at SS I was told as long as it was a coupon zone coupon and a manufacturer coupon it was okay. Some SS coupons are manu. coupons and other are coupon zone which belong to Loblaws. Of course no manufacturer will rebate coupon zone coupons, why should they? This makes me wonder what does WM do with SS coupons So, Minegirl she was wrong, it isn't fraud at all, because those 2 coupons would be submitted to two different companies.

P.S Bed, Bath, and Beyound accepts Home Outfitters 20 -25% coupon that is on the back of every weeks flyer. I did this yesterday, happy for an extra 20% when in fact you get 25% if item isn't on sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information