User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda83 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the post My advice is make a list of people you need to shop for and get what you can from there and then groceries too. That's what I do anyhow, I like to stock pile certain things so if it's a good price or something I can't get for a much cheaper at the grocery store I get it on redemption day, stocking stuffers and any gifts we may need.
    Agreed!

Also, some stores have started to put out their gift sets and toys but most will wait to put everything out until after Remembrance Day. I too make a list of who I want to buy for and then take note of what's available before the mega redemption day so that I am prepared in advance.

As for collecting points, I plan to stock up on gift cards over the next week that I was planning to buy anyway and that should give lots of points! If you take advantage of the GC promo once at $150, you will get 8,000 bonus points (worth $21 on mega redemption day), get a bonus of 2,250 if you use your SDM mastercard (an additional $5.92) and if they are SDM GCs, that would be another 1,500 base points ($3.94). If you do all three, you'd get about $31 back in points! Not bad if you were planning to spend the money anyways...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by fayemercier View Post
    Agreed!

Also, some stores have started to put out their gift sets and toys but most will wait to put everything out until after Remembrance Day. I too make a list of who I want to buy for and then take note of what's available before the mega redemption day so that I am prepared in advance.

As for collecting points, I plan to stock up on gift cards over the next week that I was planning to buy anyway and that should give lots of points! If you take advantage of the GC promo once at $150, you will get 8,000 bonus points (worth $21 on mega redemption day), get a bonus of 2,250 if you use your SDM mastercard (an additional $5.92) and if they are SDM GCs, that would be another 1,500 base points ($3.94). If you do all three, you'd get about $31 back in points! Not bad if you were planning to spend the money anyways...
    Thank-you so much for ways to rack up the pts....I didn't know we could do so much ...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Now it's time to wait for the flyers etc so we could snatch some awesome deals too..

What are you planning to get?

I'm planning on redeeming for:
    DD-older: Nintendo DS
    DH: Notebook/laptop
    D Baby - Due in Jan: Enfamil formulas, Diapers, baby supplies (anyone with Enfamil coupons for trade or RAOK, please PM me)
    Other gifts for gift giving..

Xmas decorations
    Foods/Candies etc.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i am so excited, my first mega redemption...no idea what to buy as with the gc promo to get me to 250.00 i am going to be fully stocked for xmas gifts, gas, etc....almost have the stocking stuffers done... Maybe will treat myself to a new camera????!!!!???? saw one i liked a while back.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

This will be my first big redemption too! I have a quick question.. if I want to get a big ticket electronic item, do the stores sell out quickly? Can I put something on hold until redemption day?

What are your plans for redemption day? Is it best to get there early in the am?

Thanks everyone- so excited to start making my list!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great news! Thanks for the heads up! Wooohoooo!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks so much for posting!

Can you redeem points for more gift cards?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the info!!! I can't wait.

Join me in earning free money and gift cards
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/suzieq1974

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Thank you so much for posting this, you are putting a big smile on everyones face

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

I am so looking forward to this. I have never redeemed before and thanks to everyone here I have enough for 2 redemptions.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Hello I am interested in knowing how to get that many points for a video game please. How much do I have to spend?

You found a coupon where?
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetproserpina View Post
    if I want to get a big ticket electronic item, do the stores sell out quickly? Can I put something on hold until redemption day?
    Yes some stores sell out quickly and most stores do not put items on hold. My local SDM doesn't get many of the big items but the 24 hr store across town does. I head there around 11:30 (pateyface will testify to this) They see me in the store and I ask for the item, they will hold behind the counter for me until 12:30 (they have to restart the cash registers to boot up the new promos) and then I buy.

I love it because then I get to walk around the whole store for an hour picking up my other purchases. The last time I went, it wasn't busy but I have seen people lined up with the tv's waiting for the system to reboot.

If you have a 24 hour store I would try there first and if you don't succeed then try your local store in the morning. Also call the store first to see about the 24h policy. My other SDM that's opened 24H does not sell electronics overnight. They keep the station closed. HTH
    Christa

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

if you go into the same store a lot and they know you they might hold it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmewhoelse View Post
    can you fill me on the gift card points? How do you get so much and what kind of gift card?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/247842-...2011-a-canada/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Eeee my first mega redemption! And thank goodness for a 20x point event beforehand, i'm still a bit short of 95,000!

So exciting!
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information