User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Just buy a belly band...it stretches over your regular pants to turn them into temporary maternity pants. That's all I do, saves sooo much money on clothes that you'll only wear a few months. I bought mine second hand on kijiji for $25 brand new they can be picked up for $60 at thyme maternity

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Make sure you get a good band. Mine was cheap and you could tell

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    It was a LOT of water Whatever you do remember to rest, I didn't. I worked 60+ hours a week right up until I popped. The nurses scolded me for not resting, my legs and feet were HUGE and swollen. But on the plus side my labor went SO fast because of the fact that I was so active. My water broke, got to the hospital I was 9cm dilated, 17 minutes of pushing and he was out!
    And 25lbs in a day isn't as glamorous as it sounds It felt SO weird afterwards!
    Don't worry for me I only work 4 hours a week I hope I won't push too long like you

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    Don't worry for me I only work 4 hours a week I hope I won't push too long like you
    Not to scare you but 17 minutes of pushing isn't a long time at all. For first-time mothers the average length of pushing is one-to-two hours. In some instances, pushing can last longer than two hours if mother and baby are tolerating it.

My labor was short as well, a lot of my friends "hated" me for that. Most of them were in labor for 12 - 48 hours...
    I called my Dr. because I had minor contractions and he told me that it was false labor and the hospital would just send me home... well half an hour later my water broke and I JUST made it to the hospital.
    Last edited by shmeelady; Wed, Nov 9th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Not to scare you but 17 minutes of pushing isn't a long time at all. For first-time mothers the average length of pushing is one-to-two hours. In some instances, pushing can last longer than two hours if mother and baby are tolerating it.

My labor was short as well, a lot of my friends "hated" me for that. Most of them were in labor for 12 - 48 hours...
    I called my Dr. because I had minor contractions and he told me that it was false labor and the hospital would just send me home... well half an hour later my water broke and I JUST made it to the hospital.
    you are lucky to made it and not have your baby in the car I'm not scared of how long it will be but must of how painfull its gonna be I guess is worth it just to see my baby I can't wait to see him and I'm just at 6 weeks I don't know how I'll last 33 more weeks!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    you are lucky to made it and not have your baby in the car I'm not scared of how long it will be but must of how painfull its gonna be I guess is worth it just to see my baby I can't wait to see him and I'm just at 6 weeks I don't know how I'll last 33 more weeks!
    I personally think it is mind over matter. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but for every women it is different. The only part that I really didn't like was that he came out SO fast that he tore me up and down... 11 stitches. I could feel myself tearing open too and that was very painful

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

got mine from walmart and zellers.

if u do plan on shopping at thyme maternity, i have a $10 off wub $90 - just pm me ur addy and i'll send it to u.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    got mine from walmart and zellers.

if u do plan on shopping at thyme maternity, i have a $10 off wub $90 - just pm me ur addy and i'll send it to u.
    Thanks but I already have one

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I personally think it is mind over matter. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but for every women it is different. The only part that I really didn't like was that he came out SO fast that he tore me up and down... 11 stitches. I could feel myself tearing open too and that was very painful
    Ouch... Okay now I want it to be long haha. Like you said every women is different, my familly and co-worker all told me a different story. Some swore it was the worst day of their lives and other took 30 minutes to push with no medication. In my case I hope that I'll go well...

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

17 minutes LONG??? I wish i could of only had 17 minutes....I had 2+ hours which was dumb because the last 1 hour the baby didnt mvoe at all, he decided to point his head upwards to look out, then got stuck, two high up to vacuum out and two low down for c-section...sigh, i hope next round is only 17 minutes......it was quick until the pushing, that was pretty much the hwhole labour of mine.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are other online maternity sites also, you can compare the prices according to your requirement and order from that site which are in your budget.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Some H&M have maternity. Also Old Navy (not online in canada but in stores). Also, TOPSHOP line online through the bay. highly recommend the jockey micro fibre crop top bra from the bay!!!
    And don't worry - lots of friends will want to give you their maternity clothes!

a lot of my friends also recommended ASOS but you have to pay duty as it's from the UK.

oh and amazon.ca has great stuff

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if you are still looking- check this out if in GTA https://www.facebook.com/MississaugaOutGROWOutPLAY

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i loved wrap dresses! they worked great would go over the bump but still offered you coverage and you could get them in a size too big and still wear them afterwards

i also did the hair elastic/button trick and it worked well (put a hair elastic through the button hole then hook that onto the button to extend the size of your pants) combine that with a bella band (a decent one!) and it worked great!

you can try consignment stores, especially kids consignment stores, it's not uncommon for them to have a maternity section, old navy!, you can buy online and return in stores if the items do not work for you, catching sale racks when seasons change over, finding dresses that would work with the belly helped too..

walmart also has a maternity section, it's not huge but it would work for the basics
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Girls !

I know a good brand for maternity clothes, Modern Eternity, you can find it on Google. There are coats, jeans and leggings. It's a really good brand ! And clothes are beautiful !

Good luck
    Last edited by Katia6; Thu, Dec 3rd, 2015 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information