User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Campbell View Post
    A lot of people make this mistake....just because you are with Irving, does NOT mean that you have to buy your oil from them too! There are many many cheaper oil prices out there. Irving would be my last choice.

Ask yourself this...how would Irving know if you got oil from a different company? It's not as if they can sift the oil and say this isn't Irving branded oil. lol If you're still leery of getting oil from a different company, then only "top up" with them once every 3 or 4 months and go with another provider in the meantime.
    It's been awhile, but as i recall we signed an agreement with Irving saying that we would purchase our oil from them. I think they would notice if I only got oil once a year. Regardless if they noticed it, I would.
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Nov 30th, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wilson's Oil started this program Nov 1 2011, their price today is 105.9

http://homeheating.wilsons.ca/servic...ty-program.php

Earn points for every litre of fuel you buy to heat your home*. The longer you have been a Wilson customer, the more points you can earn. Earn bonus points for being on automatic delivery, for having a protection plan and for being on pre-authorized debit from your bank account.
    There are no costs and no need to enrol for this program. All existing and new Wilsons Home Heating customers are enrolled automatically.
    To check your current points balance or redeem points login to the new MyAccount. You can also use the blue button to the left to login to MyAccount from anywhere on our site.
    Here's how to earn points:

Customer of 10+ years3 pts per litreCustomer of 5-10 years2 pts per litreCustomer of < 5 years1 pt per litre
    Earn extra points for:

Automatic Delivery1 pt per litreProtection Plan1 pt per litrePre-authorized payment1 pt per litre

Collect Points and Earn Great Rewards

Night at the movies for 2†13,500 pts$50 credit on your account15,000 pts$75 discount on heating equipment15,000 pts

Roll over your points year after year!
    Last edited by porkchop; Wed, Nov 30th, 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    It's been awhile, but as i recall we signed an agreement with Irving saying that we would purchase our oil from them. I think they would notice if I only got oil once a year. Regardless if they noticed it, I would.
    I know when I have buyers that buy a house with a furnace/hot water tank or oil tank leased from Irving, when they take over the leases they are required to sign a contract that excludes them from buying oil from anyone but Irving for the life of the lease contract. The way they enforce this is that you have to enroll in automatic deliveries. I had to go through this myself. I was never so glad to get rid of the lease and get rid of auto deliveries as they come and fill up whenever they want and you have no control over it.

Funny story with Shell.... As our lease with Irving was ending we were shopping around and we had an Shell/Canex rep out to the house to tell us about their program for DND customers. It was determined during that meeting that we were ineligible for the program because our street was just outside the boundaries. So we thanked him for his time and told him we'd keep looking. Low and behold a couple of days later I come home to an invoice on my door for about 3/4 tank of oil from Shell. They'd automatically signed us up for auto deliveries even though we didnt qualify for their program. When I called to complain that they filled our tank when we were not their customer and hadn't ordered oil from them they were sure sputtering. Ooops. In the end we had to pay for the oil but it was at less than a quarter of the current market price at that time.

Now I order from Discount, it's usually one of the cheapest and I've never had an issue with them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by That Jones Thing View Post
    I know when I have buyers that buy a house with a furnace/hot water tank or oil tank leased from Irving, when they take over the leases they are required to sign a contract that excludes them from buying oil from anyone but Irving for the life of the lease contract. The way they enforce this is that you have to enroll in automatic deliveries.
    I've never had automatic delivery.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I've never had automatic delivery.
    You're lucky, I hated it. Never know when a bill would show up.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

i always got oil from "save on fuels", "abbel", "discount" or "anytime fuels"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information