User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rocking the beer gut! iamperfectforme's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Myosotisss View Post
    Which one has more electronics?
    the two in saint-jean have really small electronic sections, in my opinion the candiac store is the better for electronics(of these three)...i haven't been to the GFP store, yet, so i don't know what it's electronic section is like.
    GOOD LUCK DECIDING WHERE TO SHOP...happy redeeming

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post
    I have not decide which one to go. The one in Brossard is small but has "one" item - Kitchen Aid 5 pcs set (all others store sold out. I was told they won't have more back in stock) I want.

The one in GFP is always FULL at night (after 10pm). If you are heading there, I think you are best to be there Friday night, get your stuff & pay after midnight (most of the time long line up at night)

The thing I don't like is - some electronic, like GPS are different prices for the same model. So I have to make stop & check which one will be better to shop.
    hey emmafb! fyi the seiminaire store was sold out of the kitchen aid 5 pc today, and i don't think the mall store carries it at all.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Which one has more electronics?
    i went today and both stores in saint-jean had more for electronics than i thought they did.

as of this afternoon they had-

seminaire: lots of different cameras, lots of different alarm clocks/mp3 players, tons of wii accessories and a few consoles, a couple of xbox consoles and next to no xbox accessories, lots of the DS nintendos, some printers, one tom tom gps, a couple of digital photo frames, 1 32" tv and a couple of portable dvd players.

mall: 1 32" tv, 1 22" tv, a few sony blue ray players, a few acer netbooks, printers, ps3 consoles, lots of different cameras, a few different alarm clock/mp3 players, a few psp's and some xbox consoles.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

between the two stores in town here i can get what i need without going to the GFP store. after reading about the possibility of their reboot not happening right at 12, and maybe much later, i've decided to keep it simple and shop in saint-jean...and i'm only misisng out on a couple of things going this route. i'll do one more stock check friday evening just to make sure i'm making the right decision though!
    thankfully today when i went in i see that their seasonal aisle is leaking all over the stores!!! taking up end caps and space in areas it normally isn't. they have ALMOST everything i wanted for toys, now it's just a matter of getting it in my cart before they're all taken! they sure don't have many of any item in town here:-/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iamperfectforme View Post
    a Q...have you been to the candiac store recently? and analyzed the toys they have in, by chance? if yes, in your opinion do you think it compares to the pics posted of the toys in the GFP store? thought i should ask, since you're here to ask
    Just came back and GFP appears to have much more toys than Candiac. There was only one shelf filled with some toddler toys and board games. They have the Montreal Canadians stuff and lots of chocolate. As for electronics, if there are going to be a handful of people showing up for the mega redemption, I'm sure they'll be sold out quickly unless they have more stock in the back. They no longer have the chin-up bar I was hoping to get my son ...but a girl at the cosmetics counter (she was soooo nice) put some perfume and cream aside for me until Saturday. Looks like I'll only be redeeming for 125$ there.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Just came back and GFP appears to have much more toys than Candiac. There was only one shelf filled with some toddler toys and board games. They have the Montreal Canadians stuff and lots of chocolate. As for electronics, if there are going to be a handful of people showing up for the mega redemption, I'm sure they'll be sold out quickly unless they have more stock in the back. They no longer have the chin-up bar I was hoping to get my son ...but a girl at the cosmetics counter (she was soooo nice) put some perfume and cream aside for me until Saturday. Looks like I'll only be redeeming for 125$ there.
    thanks for letting me know!!! i'm still up in the air on redeeming in town here, or going to the GFP store at midnight. today it looks like i can get what i need in town, i'll check stock again friday night to be sure...and if it looks like they'll be out of the few expensive toys i want then GFP will be were I shop, at midnight!
    seriously, i can't wait for my redemptions to be DONE. this is our christmas plan and it NEEDS to work out!!!
    good luck to you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone has recent PS3 games?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone has recent PS3 games?
    seminaire, no. i had a good look there(we're ps3 owners too!). the only ps3 games they had were in the $20 or less bin, and i had to dig to really find any. mostly wii and xbox games were in the bin.

mall, i don't think so. i didn't even notice a bin there...but my baby was crying so i was distracted and had to leave before i wanted too.

if i go back friday, as planned, i'll check again and let you know.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

first of all thanks to everyone who participated in my first thread post
    thought i'd update you on my MR experience...

last night i went back to both the stores in saint-jean(last visit was wednesday), they pretty much had all the same stock for the toys i was after. but my game plan changed after talking to the managers on duty at both stores. the mall store manager predicted it wouldn't be busy at all in the morning. the seminaire store manager said there would be a line up outside in the morning. i decided to go to the mall first, and then maybe head over to seminaire for my second, smaller, redemption.
    did anyone go to seminaire today? what was it like and what time were you there? i ended up doing both redemptions at the mall!

i was running late and didn't arrive until 5 minutes before they opened. thankfully i was the second person in line!!! hilarious, but the first lady in line asked if i was the girl from SC that posted this thread. I was laughing to myself as I'm not sure if she was just taking a wild guess, or if she noticed me from my very unflattering profile photo on here. i just love the photo, it makes me laugh everytime i see it...but i'm no sure i wanted to be recognized in public from THAT photo.
    anyway...we became buddies for a bit, hopefully i see her again on 20X days and redemption days. told her about the 20X next saturday so i think she changed her redemption plans a bit.

i ended up getting EVERYTHING i wanted to get for my kids, and loads of batteries, a bday gift for a party my little lady is attending next weekend AND needed face cream for myself after a few things rang up cheaper than advertised on the shelve stickers and another item getting reduced by $10(SCOP, my first!) for ringing up at twice the price advertised.
    I am so so so appreciative of today's redemption as money is tight for us right now...and my face is thankful for that cream after all the un-needed stress leading up to this MR!

the mall store in saint-jean is my new favourite store. the staff is much friendlier than at the seminaire store, in my opinion(i'd love to hear yours!). the manager on was amazing, she gave me the SCOP without having to ask for it. all the staff were excited for me when i was checking out. the store itself was organized, and not busy at all!!!

awesome mega redemption experience for me

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That was a pleasure to meet you down there And yes, I recognized you. Why? May be because you look a little bit like the photo but more because you look like the mother of those 2 beautiful children.

I have to +you, I think the staff and the director are very nice and professional.

I want to thank you for all the info. And, I'll be there next week for sure.

Now , I have to learn about the coupons.

As I'm francophone, please excuse my mistakes.
    that was fun! what an exciting day for us both, it's great to be in the thrill of it with someone else there to cheer you on.
    well thank you, they are wonderful children...who will be spoiled this christmas thanks to SDM, as you saw!

ya, it's nice that the weekend manager there is so kind and efficient because most of our point collecting and redeeming falls on the weekend
    i may or may not see you there next saturday...i'm going for sure, but on the collecting days i don't rush down there. i go when it's best for my family. redemption days i always go first thing though!

i'm going to send you a friend request...if you have any questions in regards to coupons, or SDM, i may be able to help! message me anytime.

and no apologies needed for your english. i think it's great that you can communicate in two languages, i need to give french more of my time.

By the way, I went by the seminar one tonight for milk and they still have 3DS, Wii, recent PS3 and WII games. They are behind the first cash closed to the door.(on the right)
    good to know. so i wonder if this means it wasn't that busy at open and overall there either!? if anyone else reads this and was at the seminaire store at anytime over this MR weekend please let us know when you went, what stock was like, and how your overall experience was. it would be awesome to get a local group of us helping each other out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information