User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eislercoupons View Post
    I also plan on doing my first redemption at midnight, in Regina, the tills normally don't switch over until 1:00 am, although the last 20X event we were still there at 2:00 am and they hadn't switched yet.

Nothing is subject to SCOP as they tell you the tills are not switched over, etc....but they do give you the benefit of the doubt and will take whatever item for the price that you show in the flyer, so for items where the size is not specified, etc.....it runs in your favor, which is better than SCOP. The normal cashiers and night manager are typically very accommodating, etc....I am very excited to go do my redemption with them.
    Do you anticipate it is going to be busy at that time? I am debating what to do. This is our first redemption and I wouldn't be so concerned but we have a 3 month old and time will be an issue. I was thinking of bringing her in the middle of the night to do it and then I won't be worried if she needs me but then she will be another thing to cart around the store while trying to get our $250 worth of stuff but if I wait till 8 and go to the location I really want to then time may be more of issue and I will have to work around more people. I wish I knew how busy the stores will be at 8.

Junior Canuck BewilderedBrunette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I think it happens right at midnight with the new system....I assume so because on a 20x the points day it switches automatically, right at 12:01 am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I was told, depending on how busy it was because they have to reset the system, which means that no one can check out while it is being reset. i tihnk every store is different. The one i called said usually between 12:30 and 1am

Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I was at the Brampton store as well last year and it switched over around 12:30-1. Most of the shoppers who wanted to redeem left because signs at the door said they switch over at 2 am. I hadn't planned to do a night time shop again(was there until almost 3 am, by the time the checkout was done), but the location I am doing most of my redemptions at ran out of wii's so i will have to go and make sure I get one at one of the 24 locations before they run out, guaranteed if I wait to the next day they will run out. Its going to kill me, hate shopping, 1 redemption friday night, 2 redemptions saturday 8 am, 2 more redemptions at 8 am sunday(to get all of the two day sale items.

Trading Score
    139 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by CdnKayDee View Post
    Do you anticipate it is going to be busy at that time? I am debating what to do. This is our first redemption and I wouldn't be so concerned but we have a 3 month old and time will be an issue. I was thinking of bringing her in the middle of the night to do it and then I won't be worried if she needs me but then she will be another thing to cart around the store while trying to get our $250 worth of stuff but if I wait till 8 and go to the location I really want to then time may be more of issue and I will have to work around more people. I wish I knew how busy the stores will be at 8.
    I am not too sure, I asked an employee today about it, and she thought 8:00 would be manageable, but any later probably wasn't that good of an idea. I think I plan on going Friday night, and then again on Saturday as I want to do two different locations, as only 1 has the makeup I want. My husband is staying home with the kids, if you re bringing your 3 month old, maybe bring a carrier, as the carts are small, and you probably can't fit everything in your stroller, know what I mean. Maybe we will see you on Friday night!

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

So in general, is it really bad to wait for the store to open in the morning? Do I stand a chance of getting stuff I wanted such as milk, campbells soup, cookies, etc. if I don't go to a 24hr store?

In the 24 hr stores, do people put everything in their cart way before 12am? How early do you have to go to "beat the crowd" so to speak for the 24hr stores?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

some ppl put everything in their cart but sometimes the system takes a while to change over so I wouldnt recommend getting your milk

How busy it is will really depend on the location
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I called mine yesterday, the sweet lady told me:
    -Register change at midnight. But it may be delay of 1 or 2 minutes.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was at sd early today and I just the Ladie if when I go before store close I am going to be able to get redeem my points and she no I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get it so I'm going to the 24hr sd to get it

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I called my local 24 hour store and she said they'd be ready to go at midnight. She also said they had been receiving calls all day. It's going to be just as busy as we are all anticipating!
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eislercoupons View Post
    I am not too sure, I asked an employee today about it, and she thought 8:00 would be manageable, but any later probably wasn't that good of an idea. I think I plan on going Friday night, and then again on Saturday as I want to do two different locations, as only 1 has the makeup I want. My husband is staying home with the kids, if you re bringing your 3 month old, maybe bring a carrier, as the carts are small, and you probably can't fit everything in your stroller, know what I mean. Maybe we will see you on Friday night!
    Yes, I will be the lady with the baby and will be in my black lululemon sweater with my husband who will also be in his black lululemon sweater. I may be looking and tired and stressed but I am very friendly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information