User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have had nothing but issues with mail since moving here so wondered if anyone else does too.

I mailed trades Oct 24 - Nov 20 and only 2 out of 7 envies have been received (the most recent ones for some reason)

I also seem to get no mail for days then a pile and this week received my neighbours' mail twice (Thursday I got mail for my addy plus 3 others) and our local mailbox was removed too

Which PO do you use and how long does it take your mail to get there usually?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've been having similar issues. I mailed out some cards to an address literally 5 minutes down the road and it took 7 business days to arrive. I also have been receiving my neighbours mail about once a week and it seems I only get delivery like 2 times per week.

I usually post stuff at SDM on Garth.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

In Dundas I don't seem to have too many problems with getting my mail. The only downside is that the mail doesn't seem to come at a consistent time each day. Yesterday it came at 4, the day before that at 10.

For me, the flyers are the bigger issue. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. It's also hit or miss what flyers I'll get.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh my mail comes between 8 and 5, different time every day too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I almost never get fliers either. I always have to steal them off my parents or in-laws. When they come, they usually have all the usual fliers though.

My mail usually comes by noon but occasionally later, but as I said, I feel like I only get delivery like twice a week.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

When I first moved, I always got my flyers Wednesday afternoon, but since Sept or so, they dont come some weeks, I just got this week's around 3pm today
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mail delivery under the "new delivery" system is usually arrives in the box Mon-Thurs by 2:30pm and Fridays in the late morning.

I noticed about two weeks ago that the red mailbox outside a suburban Shoppers has the mail pickup times as 8am and 5pm for weekdays. Big change from 1pm and 5pm that were in use for some years.

Yesterday, I received a mailing from Genacol--curiously I had entered their sponsored shopping spree contest for Shoppers on the site two days earlier. So either their Montreal mailing entity is the fastest ad mail sender on record or I must have entered their contest some weeks ago, as the letter (with their $5 off coupon and booklet) refers to a "few weeks ago" and the contest.

2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Our red box is just gone, they removed it - I don't even know where another local one is, if there is one, I can't find it - they really should have a box locator as well as PO on their website
    ~ ~ ~

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommymonika View Post
    I've been having similar issues. I mailed out some cards to an address literally 5 minutes down the road and it took 7 business days to arrive. I also have been receiving my neighbours mail about once a week and it seems I only get delivery like 2 times per week.

I usually post stuff at SDM on Garth.
    I am assuming you live on the hamilton mountain. Have you tried calling the mountain news about the flyers? I called and the next day there was an automated phone call from them saying they were looking for carriers in my area.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have had some werid issues lately too. Mail to and from Newfoundland so fast (3 days), mailed from the mailbox a few stone throws away from my house. Mail from someone in Quebec returned to sender with unknown address, even though my address was fine (I saw my own eyes when I finally received), and mail from the U.S. snail paced. Hoping it will come as I realllly want it!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I also had an envie returned with 'RTS' on it and wondered what was going on since I know its the person's addy
    ~ ~ ~

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have had the same issues. My mail comes between 1-4:30pm, monday usually being around 3pm and earlier throughout the week. Tuesday of last week was after 4pm though. I usually get a lot of mail on monday and then it wains as the week goes on. I used to get mail from BC in three business days(two weeks ago), now it is 4-5 days. I mail to the east coast a lot and it depends if it catches the right truck or not it seems, can be anywhere from 3-6 business days. A month ago it took 5 business days to get something to the east coast, I sent a package on wednesday and it is already there. I wish that canada post was more reliable. The longest is actually in ontario, I mailed a letter to peterburough from burlington and it took 5 business days.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeisBeautiful View Post
    I am assuming you live on the hamilton mountain. Have you tried calling the mountain news about the flyers? I called and the next day there was an automated phone call from them saying they were looking for carriers in my area.
    I haven't tried calling them. I heard you can call the spec as they own all the community newspapers I think, and they will deliver the flyers the next day.

No Duh about needing carriers!! Did they bring you the flyers or just tell you they needed carriers? A friend of mine, her daughters do the flyers in their area and she says the pay works out to less than $5 per hour for the time it takes. No wonder they can't get them delivered reliably.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I moved within the same apartment building back in June and paid to have my mail forwarded for 6 months. It was being forwarded no problem with the forwarded mail labels on letters to the old address, however back in late November I found there was lots of mail that I wasn't getting i.e. save.ca coupons or websaver.ca coupons that I had left going to my old address. I checked the box downstairs where we put mail to go back to the post office and I found about 6 letters for me that had gone to the old address and not been forwarded so the new tenant had put them in there.

I contacted the post office and they apologized and said they'd follow up. I saw my mail carrier three days later and he said he hadn't been told. He was good enough to check the old mail box and sure enough there was mail in there for me.

I'm glad I'm only relying on this for another week or so because I certainly did not get what I paid for.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

My mail has been absolutely ridiculous this past month! I went about 4 days without mail (bizarre for me) and was beginning to think my coupons were being stolen by the mail woman until a big stack came on the 5th day. I'm still waiting on things that were mailed to me 2 or so weeks ago though :S

The delivery times are totally inconsistent and I never know when my mail will appear (easily ranges from 1pm to 8pm).

Needless to say, I'm a wee bit annoyed!
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information