User Tag List

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Regarding the Recent Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Events - Please Read

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

I don't think in my case I had my account 'frozen' by SDM. I think somehow my points diappeared from my account somewhere between Friday and saturday evening. How? Is anyones guess. Website glitch, hacked?
    Now SDM are using the excuse of my having traded points and therefor for opening myself up my account to be scammed as the reason that they won't reinstate my points.
    I don't think you have to worry about SDM freezing your accounts, but if you have trades on your file don't expect them to help you if your points are emptied from your account.
    Last edited by hollyhill; Sun, Dec 11th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    So if SDM reserves the right to limit transfers, and they don't -- how can they turn around and tell someone they did too many transfers, such as in Carly's case?

Just more proof, imo, that SDM is looking for any excuse not to return stolen points.

Silk

Edit: Oops, my bad. Carly was told she had too many transactions, not transfers. But that makes even less sense. Too many transactions? Do they mean she made too many purchases at SDM, i.e. spent too much money? Too many redemptions? What the heck does too many transactions mean?
    =============================

Thats what I asked them!! & got no clear answer!!

BTW...I skipped the 20X day today!! more money in my pocket!!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    I don't think in my case I had my account 'frozen' by SDM. I think somehow my points diappeared from my account somewhere between Friday and saturday evening. How? Is anyones guess. Website glitch, hacked?
    Now SDM are using the excuse of my having traded points and therefor for opening myself up my account to be scammed as the reason that they won't reinstate my points.
    I don't think you have to worry about SDM freezing your accounts, but if you have trades on your file don't expect them to help you if your points are emptied from your account.
    ==================

Yes, I'd like to know how many of us that lost points did a transfer on Friday & the points were gone overnight??? I transferred points to mom around 4pm on Friday!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

so is there any verdict on your case carly or no official word yet?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think all those affected would understand more if each one of you were to request your files. You may get more information than any CSR will give you over the phone, possibly including notes, and records of conversations and decisions. jmo.

Shoppers Optimum Members have the right to know what information is held in their Shoppers Optimum Member file and the right to question and request correction of any erroneous information. There will be no charge for a Member to gain access to his/her file.

To access a Member’s file, a written request should be sent to:

Shoppers Optimum Program
    243 Consumers Road
    Toronto, Ontario
    M2J 4W8.

All written requests will be responded to within a reasonable time frame. If for any reason access to an account is not granted, the Member will be provided with a written reason.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

I did around midnight and after that the points gone!

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    ==================

Yes, I'd like to know how many of us that lost points did a transfer on Friday & the points were gone overnight??? I transferred points to mom around 4pm on Friday!

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca123 View Post
    I think all those affected would understand more if each one of you were to request your files. You may get more information than any CSR will give you over the phone, possibly including notes, and records of conversations and decisions. jmo.
    The printout is very detail. please only request for the 2 days that
    you need.

Please include old SDM O#, and new SDM O#.

They should give you an answer in writing, or send you the info with the changing of the personal info and transfer points to whoever, and the redemption details.

Also asked them why your points will not be returned (as told on the phone), you need an answer in writing for future action (if any).

I personally think the investigation is still going on, whatever they told you on the phone is just to protect themself as the moment. The security of the site could be improved after all these problems.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    i am scared that because all of this they will cancel TAF and Mega Redemption, next year...

I personally doubt that they would cancel it because of this. They might redo their web site or take away transfer link, but we have to realize that there is very small procentage of those affected. Its like 1% if not even lesser than that. I dont think they would cancel a huge Mega Redemption and their Optimum Points because of the few incidents. I think they can take this as a learning tool and make their web site a lot more secure than what it is. I wish, personally, that they do take away transfer link only because id hate for this to happen again next year to someone. As I said previously, this has happened last year and who knows maybe even year before I dont know, so, Id hate to see someone else going through this next year. Most of us shop at SDM for points that we can redeem and I think SDM understands this and you shouldnt be scared that they would take it away. It would mean less business for them since most of us love shopping at special events such as 20x points or get 10% wus xx$... so, I dont stress over it. I just hope that this never again happens to anyone and I am truly sorry that it had to happen to some of you. But please do not trade with anyone for SDM points.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    so is there any verdict on your case carly or no official word yet?
    As of Friday, Dec 09 SDM is saying NO points returned

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

That's disgusting, Carly - I'm very sorry to hear that. After all that money you spent there?? Ridiculous. I love SDM points, but that is a real kick in the pants and sure makes you think twice about spending more money there.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    I personally doubt that they would cancel it because of this. They might redo their web site or take away transfer link, but we have to realize that there is very small procentage of those affected. Its like 1% if not even lesser than that. I dont think they would cancel a huge Mega Redemption and their Optimum Points because of the few incidents. I think they can take this as a learning tool and make their web site a lot more secure than what it is. I wish, personally, that they do take away transfer link only because id hate for this to happen again next year to someone. As I said previously, this has happened last year and who knows maybe even year before I dont know, so, Id hate to see someone else going through this next year. Most of us shop at SDM for points that we can redeem and I think SDM understands this and you shouldnt be scared that they would take it away. It would mean less business for them since most of us love shopping at special events such as 20x points or get 10% wus xx$... so, I dont stress over it. I just hope that this never again happens to anyone and I am truly sorry that it had to happen to some of you. But please do not trade with anyone for SDM points.
    Someone on SC posted that there are 10.5 million optimum members ...

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Anyone have the link from last year when this happened...I can't rem the details & if anyone got their points back! Thanks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Anyone have the link from last year when this happened...I can't rem the details & if anyone got their points back! Thanks!
    You mean this link below ?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/154087-...e-read-canada/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Now I know why 2 people outside my SDM about 7-8 months back were digging through receipts in a garbage bin placed outside the store . I though it was odd but didn't think of it much at that time..but now I get it !!!

Some customers were just throwing their receipts in the bin after they walked out .

I found it weird that these guys were collecting the receipts . The receipts clearly show how much points you have & 7-8 months back I don't think SDM was even starring ( *** ) the optimum number on the receipt .

I am still hearing of people who say only 3 digits are *** are starred on the receipt ..so maybe its not that hard to guess those 3 *** digits . Plus if you find the receipt outside a particular store ..you are probably from that area so its not hard to guess a couple of postal codes from that area either .

With a bit of social engineering I am sure those 2 guys must have scammed a few customer's off their points even back then ..& they must not have even realised it !

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Now I know why 2 people outside my SDM about 7-8 months back were digging through receipts in a garbage bin placed outside the store . I though it was odd but didn't think of it much at that time..but now I get it !!!

Some customers were just throwing their receipts in the bin after they walked out .

I found it weird that these guys were collecting the receipts . The receipts clearly show how much points you have & 7-8 months back I don't think SDM was even starring ( *** ) the optimum number on the receipt .

I am still hearing of people who say only 3 digits are *** are starred on the receipt ..so maybe its not that hard to guess those 3 *** digits . Plus if you find the receipt outside a particular store ..you are probably from that area so its not hard to guess a couple of postal codes from that area either .

With a bit of social engineering I am sure those 2 guys must have scammed a few customer's off their points even back then ..& they must not have even realised it !
    People though have also been known to steal receipts like that from a garbage can outside of a store, sdm, walmart etc. Then go back inside to steal high priced items on the receipt. To then go the returns counter with the receipt and do a return on the item they just stole.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information