User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Optimum Point Theft *please read*

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Expired
    Recently a Sc member took part in the Optimum event here on Sc. Someone took almost 300,000 points from her account.

The person who stole them redeemed them at 3 Toronto locations (made a new card just for the theft) and IS ON VIDEOTAPE

Shoppers has gone as far as they can in their invesigation and the next step is to pass this along including the tapes to the police as a criminal investigation.

I'm writing this to hope the person who has done this realizes that they are on tape in the three different locations and fraud and theft charges will be made upon finalization of their investigation.
    What i'm hoping is that this person comes forward to me in a private message to recify the situation before it goes to the police. The member whos points were stolen has agreed to hold off for a very short time in hopes this person will come forward to me and rectify the situation.

I cant give too many more details but this Sc'er that got her points stolen is a very solid and good person and its sad this happened.

Thanks.

I want to point out it could of very well been someone she had maybe traded with in the past and they waited until the event to pull a quick one, its not ness from the "tell a friend" event, thats just when it happened.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Sep 10th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Shocking news. I hope the SCer involved will rectify the situation. Never seen this coming, very sad
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's a crime. That's exactly why I have never participated. I feel bad for the person who lost the points. Hopefully SDM will reimburse the points. And to the thief I would strongly recommend to come forward and give the points back.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

This is very shocking to me, as I see SC as the best online community ever! This is very sad news and a dark day for SDM Refer a Friend fans like me. This makes me think twice about participating in the next one. I hope this all gets resolved as soon as possible.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im pretty sure its an isolated incident. Their on camera, theyll be caught.

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

All I can say is WOW! I'd be devastated to say the least! Is there anything we can do for the SC'r who had this happened to her?

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow! This is the last place I would think that something like that would happen...very sad But unfortunately, I guess you can never be too trusting. I hope that this person's conscience tells tells them to come forward to rectify the situation.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Wow, that's just awful! That's like stealing almost 600$!! Unbelievable that someone could do that and I hope they are caught because that's just absolutely disgusting.

For anyone with alot of SDM points, if you give out your sdm # for trading, it's not a bad idea to transfer your points to another card, a family members card, with a number you have never given out. I also worry about losing my card while I am out in public, so I transfer my points to a card that I always leave at home.

Absolutely disgusting.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Absolutely unbelieveable that someone would do that! Good advice, Anne, I just signed my DH up for an Optimum card to tx my points to as a back up since I have given my Optimum # out alot via SC.

I'm really taken aback though - I mean its more than stealing - it's also identify theft I would imagine. I hope they come forward.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im hoping they just come forward and we can rectify this. Thats a lot better then criminal charges. Who in the heck wants their picture on the news "do you know this person" during the crime portion lmao! Sc is a great place and maybe this person needed to feed their family or wasn't thinking straight. They might be a good person in a bad place, we dont know.

I will be setting up a card for people to donate to if this situation isnt rectified.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Very sad, indeed.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

wow, I can't believe someone would do that!!!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's despicable.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

That's awful! I feel really badly for the victim here.

But I'm confused. Why don't we want the person who did this to be caught and punished for this? Why is it OK to sweep their crime under the rug as long as the person gets their points back? This was THEFT, a fairly significant one. It could cause SDM to change their policies and bring us to the demise of our SC Tell a Friend events. There's no excuse of 'not thinking straight' to steal from someone.

Z

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Wow, that's just awful! That's like stealing almost 600$!! Unbelievable that someone could do that and I hope they are caught because that's just absolutely disgusting.

For anyone with alot of SDM points, if you give out your sdm # for trading, it's not a bad idea to transfer your points to another card, a family members card, with a number you have never given out. I also worry about losing my card while I am out in public, so I transfer my points to a card that I always leave at home.

Absolutely disgusting.
    Great idea! I did that as soon as I read this post.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information