User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clarisonic.. worth the price?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to buy it from the sephora website but I'm worried the overall expenses after customs and taxes will end up being very high.

Where's the best place to buy it in Canada?
    lotus003 likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I bought the Clarisonic Mia at Sephora. I charged it (takes 24 hours). However I found the normal brush that comes with it too harsh on my skin. I'm quite sensitive and my cheeks turned quite red. I applied moisturizer. After it settled down my face felt smoother. I found out, after the fact, they recommend you replace the brush heads every 3 months. They cost close to $30 for one! They carry a sensitive and delicate replacement heads too.

I'm thinking of taking it back.

I was using Neostrata smoothing cream level 1 at bedtime. Glycolic based (level 1 is a low dose) and I could handle using it twice a week. I'm wondering if this and the Clarisonic has similar benefits.

I was told you wash your face including your eye makep first. Then you use the Clarisonic. Others have wrote good reviews. I'm not sure about spending that much every 3 months to replace the brush heads.

Clarisonic is a good device but definitely isn't worth spending that much money. There are a great deal of similar devices which do either the same job or better one. E. g., Olay Pro X brush, Neutrogena Rejuvenator...

Actually, I bought Neutrogena Rejuvenator for about $30.00 (used my $3 off coupon for Aveeno/Neutrogena) and very happy with that. It massages my faces and cleanses the pores and dry patches just excellent! It has the same aspect as Clarisonic - cleansing the face with massaging. But it has some advantages:

1) The price. Definitely the first advantage.

2) The pads. It comes with 12 pads, but... I noticed that you can stick any cotton pad on the head and use your own cleanser or scrub, and that's it. Money saving and convenience in the best way.

The only disadvantage is that people with a sensitive skin should use that very carefully (as I do). It actually cleanses rather harshly, because the actual Neutrogena pads which come with that, are abrasive and have a rather hard scrub on that. But here a decision is simple - use that for a very little time, and, of course, don't forget to apply your lotion or cream on the face after cleansing (though that applies for any type of skin). Or, if it is too harsh for your skin, just stick your own cotton pad (any one, even from a Dollarama) on the head and use your own cleanser (or gentle scrub).
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, May 15th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
    toban likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackitty View Post
    I want to buy it from the sephora website but I'm worried the overall expenses after customs and taxes will end up being very high.

Where's the best place to buy it in Canada?
    I bought Mia from EDS ( canada) 3 years ago ,it worked great for my skin
    So far they onsale only $119.00 !!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/clarisonic-s_408.htm
    Free Amazon Gift Cards ,Paypal and Prizes
    Spins & Wins I Earned $5000.00 ++
    Canadian online shopping website that pays you Cash Back Rebates

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Mia! I plan on looking at the Neutrogena. I use those round cotton pads from the Dollarama now to cleanse my face. I figure I could use the Neutrogena once in awhile since my skin is sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Clarisonic is a good device but definitely isn't worth spending that much money. There are a great deal of similar devices which do ether the same job or better one. E. g., Olay Pro X brush, Neutrogena Rejuvenator...

Actually, I bought Neutrogena Rejuvenator for about $30.00 (used my $3 off coupon for Aveeno/Neutrogena) and very happy with that. It massages my faces and cleans the pores and dry patches just excellent! It has the same aspect as Clarisonic - cleaning the face with massaging. But it has some advantages:

1) The price. Definitely the first advantage.

2) The pads. It comes with 12 pads, but... I noticed that you can stick any cotton pad on the head and use your own cleanser or scrub, and that's it. Money saving and convenience in the best way.

The only disadvantage is that people with a sensitive skin should use that very carefully (as I do). It actually cleans rather harshly, because the actual Neutrogena pads which come with that, are abrasive and have a rather hard scrub on that. But here a decision is simple - use that for a very little time, and, of course, don't forget to apply your lotion or cream on the face after cleansing (though that applies for any type of skin). Or, if it is too harsh for your skin, just stick your own cotton pad (any one, even from a Dollarama) on the head and use your own cleanser (or gentle scrub).
    Mia likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Thanks Mia! I plan on looking at the Neutrogena. I use those round cotton pads from the Dollarama now to cleanse my face. I figure I could use the Neutrogena once in awhile since my skin is sensitive.
    You're welcome
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey

I love all the Clarisonic models and if I had to choose my favourite I would go with the Pro, however since there is no way of knowing whether they will work for you or not $200 odd can be a lot to pay.

For that reason I would recommend starting with the Mia, it almost offers all the same features as the more expensive models but at a lower price.

I found it hard to find much good information on the Clarisonic Skin care brushes however I did find a real good reviews on the Mia over at a site called Addicted Skincare.

Another thing to look out for is coupon codes etc, I often see the Mia go down to around $100 or less, which compared to the normal price is a huge saving.

Anyway hope that helps.

Look forward to posting more.

Jack Joe

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:37 p coach outlet online.9 and located its epicenter 30 miles west of Port-au-Prince. yes 0n1ine but it now says tha, It's important for girls and their parents to let the school know when they aren't being treated fairly. We try to stay compact,"It's something sometimes you can't explain. Gingrich's hands were tied. As the speaker explained 0n1ine coach purses clearance military leaders in. fire extinguishers coach factory,The short turn-around for Atlantis will put Kennedy Space Center technicians to the test -- there are 60 working days from landing to launch. the Dadaab refugee complex now houses more than 400, And many who are sick will never recover. director of Arizona's emergency services, maintaining a steady flow of blood 0n1ine coach purses turtle slaughter is, Pace replied he had not and said he did not know "to what level they were visible or reviewed. vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,m. The Boomerang project analyzes variations that echo the final scattering. "Whether purposeful or not, -- Flawed procedures for securing the well. especially since baby's world has grown to include playgrounds, (Since reptiles and snakes frequently have salmonella used coach purses,"Documents recovered from al Qaeda facilities in Afghanistan show bin Laden was pursuing a sophisticated biological weapons research program," and knew how to do it," he said.Bush said the man came to the hospital with the symptoms associated withmeningitis, An uninviting world greeted us in eerie silence, Just as Mars -- a desert planet -- gives us insights into global climate change on Earth. the accident occurred Monday morning when a bus was traveling downhill and hit two cars, according to a local newspaper.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My sister in law bought me the Mia for Christmas. It came with the sensitive brush head. I believe, why I didn't like the one I bought, is because I was using it wrong. I remove my makeup the normal way (water and cleanser). Afterwards I wet my face and apply a small amount of cleanser. I gently touch the Mia to my skin, and let it run slightly less then what the brochure says. To help remove any residue and exfoliate. I was pressing it too hard against my skin with the first Mia I owned. Anyways ,I like it now ,and have noticed a difference. My skin feels and looks fresher. I only use it once or twice a week maximum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information