User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clarisonic.. worth the price?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have sensitive skin. My skin care routine now: I wet my face with lukewarm water, spread, massage cleanser around with finger tip, splash water over my face and take a few round cotton pads to remove any leftover foundation.

I hear so much about clarisonics being great for your skin. I looked at Sephora today. The mia once costs $139.00. The girl claims it works better at cleaning your skin, your pores, exfoliating dry patches etc. I tried the brush on the back of my hand and it felt gentle. They also sell a sensitive brush as well.

So does anyone own a Clarisonic? It sounds neat but not sure if it's worth spending that much.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sephora

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm interested to find out more about this too.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the Clarisonic Mia at Sephora. I charged it (takes 24 hours). However I found the normal brush that comes with it too harsh on my skin. I'm quite sensitive and my cheeks turned quite red. I applied moisturizer. After it settled down my face felt smoother. I found out, after the fact, they recommend you replace the brush heads every 3 months. They cost close to $30 for one! They carry a sensitive and delicate replacement heads too.

I'm thinking of taking it back.

I was using Neostrata smoothing cream level 1 at bedtime. Glycolic based (level 1 is a low dose) and I could handle using it twice a week. I'm wondering if this and the Clarisonic has similar benefits.

I was told you wash your face including your eye makep first. Then you use the Clarisonic. Others have wrote good reviews. I'm not sure about spending that much every 3 months to replace the brush heads.
    Last edited by toban; Sun, Dec 11th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Mia likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

the mia's one speed might be too harsh on your skin. get the pro or plus system with multiple speeds. you can also try the olay pro-x cleansing brush. it doesn't have the same technology as the clarisonic but it's good for the price ($30).
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the Pro in 2010 and never looked back. My skin looks radiant and healthy. Best beauty investment ever. I only use my Clarisonic once a day at night and use the sensitive brush.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the clarisonic pink one, i bought it around 2 years ago. I still use it , but only as an exfoliator. It's really good. I love it , but its not something that you really need.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ended up returning it. I think the product is neat but for now I will stick to my gentle face exfoliating cream.

Julie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a pink MIA and I use it everyday and my skin has never been this good before. When I forget to use it, I really see the difference. It was a good investment IMO.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have had the Pro for almost two years now, and I use it every 3rd or 4th day, mainly for exfoliation. It's been great for keeping my skin smooth. I started off using the sensitive brush head and am now using the regular brush head. The recommendation to replace the brush head every 3 mos is only if you use it everyday. I have only had to replace the brush head twice. You can disinfect it in between by soaking its bristles in some hydrogen peroxide and then rinsing them out after. If you are using a chemical exfoliation in your night cream like I do, then I do not recommend that you use the Clarisonic everyday. Too much exfoliation is actually harmful for your skin.
    Last edited by Junerose; Tue, Dec 27th, 2011 at 01:29 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by valentinabear View Post
    I bought the Pro in 2010 and never looked back. My skin looks radiant and healthy. Best beauty investment ever. I only use my Clarisonic once a day at night and use the sensitive brush.
    How often do you replace the head? Thanks!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Landior View Post
    How often do you replace the head? Thanks!
    I honestly replace the brush once a year because I'm lazy. I deep clean my brush once a month.

Clarisonic recommends to replace it every 3-4 months. I like how it's waterproof so I can use it in the shower.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by valentinabear View Post
    I honestly replace the brush once a year because I'm lazy. I deep clean my brush once a month.

Clarisonic recommends to replace it every 3-4 months. I like how it's waterproof so I can use it in the shower.
    thanks for the info, valentinabear. I kinda figured the recommendation to replace it every 3 months was just so the company could make money.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have a olay one and its good!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I bought the Mia 2 online, and use it once daily. I had okay skin to begin with, but I notice that my skin is smoother, and lotion absorbs better when I use it. When I stop using it for a week or so, my skin seems duller. It was pretty expensive, but I waited until Christmas when it was on sale, and came with some extra freebies. Not a necessary item, but a luxury if you can afford to invest in it!

Trading Score
    81 (97%)

i have the pro.LOVE it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information