User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Happy New Year!

May it be a year of facing our budget challenges with a WILL and a WON'T!

All those who are participating in our January 2012 Budget Challenge, please post on this thread.

NOTE: Various 'How-To and Survival Skills' links have just been added to Pages 11 and 12 of this thread.

Jan.26, 2012:
    Prime Minister Harper is planning to change the OAS retirement age from Age 65 to Age 67!!! (For info: read today's news on the web.)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...mymanitoba.com

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/26/major-changes-coming-to-canadas-pension-system-harper-says-in-davos-speech/

Jan.28, 2012:

Seniors Unite for GREY POWER!
    Up till 2AM last night, dears, reading 132 pages of reaction by Seniors to Mr. Harper's proposals to interfere with their pensions. Read about 100 pages on other sites too, so that's roughly about 2,000 posts, with a wide spectrum of people expressing their viewpoints. Mostly, one of outrage and cold determination to vote Harper out of office ASAP, better if it could be done through a vote of non-confidence by his own party, and never to allow another Conservative majority, now that the wolves have dropped their sheeps-clothing outfits and shown themselves for what they really are.

So, Seniors unite, and get going on contacting the powers-that-be with your stand on this crucial matter.

GREY POWER !!!

As one poster said:
    Stevie, we took care of you, and now you can take care of us. And if you don't take care of us, we can still take care of you...in a different way, of course.

Mr. Harper has proven himself to be incompetent to run the affairs of Canada, most particularly our finances.

January 30, 2011:

Contact your government MP at this Website (posted below)
    For the next 3 days, the PC government is going to push through a "new pooled pension plan". This activity will divert attention from the looming plight of Seniors as it pertains to Mr. Harper's proposed change to raise the eligibility age from 65 to 67 for the OAS Pension Plan. Bear in mind that there was no reference to these changes on their last election platform, and that MP's have not looked for input from those who will be affected OR even from the general Canadian public before announcing these proposed changes.

Please voice your concerns to our government while you can still make a difference.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParli...pleteList.aspx

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Valiant; Mon, Jan 30th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

January Budget 2012:

Expenses:
    Rent (+ utilities): PAID (as per rate)
    Phone & Internet: $74.73
    Water: $7.92 (reverse osmosis: cooking/drinking)
    Food & Stockpile: $170.40 (1 beef roast, 1 cornmeal, 2 rye bread, 1 Special K Cereal (w/fpc/Pd=$1); 2 doz. eggs; 2 bags oranges, 6 bananas, 4 Catelli pasta, 1 Miracle Whip, 1 bag hard Christmas candies {for my studio}, 2 boxes Thinsations w/BOGO cpn; 1 x lettuce, 1 cornmeal, 3 bags apples, 1 x Healthy Choice Steamers w/FPC, 1 milk, 1 Red River cereal, 1 milk, 2 beef roasts, 2 x 8lb. bags oranges, 5 lb. bananas, 2 x Source Yogurt (w/fpc's/Pd=0); 4 white/4 brown bread, 1 family-pack lean ground beef, 15 lb. potatoes, 1 case cream-of-mushroom soup, peanut butter; 1 bag carrots, 2 Activia yogurt; 1 milk, 1 case tomato soup, 1 family-pack ground beef)
    Miscellaneous: $6.10 (Thrift Shop clothing bag sale; like-new sheet set for DS, 2 x spools thread)
    Other: $36.75 (Safety Deposit Box: 1 x per yr.)

Total January 2012 Expenses to date: $295.90 (plus Rent)

Coupons Used: $26.11
    Change Found: $0.11
    GST Rebate: $63.25

SPEND Days to date: 11/31

NO SPEND Days to date: 20/31

Goals:
    - maximize work
    - essential expenses: rent/utilities, phone, R.O. water
    - spending cuts on everything else, including phone LD, internet?
    - exceptions: stockpile additions, emergencies
    - add to Emergency Fund

To-Do List:
    - work : Completed
    - de-clutter, organize: Completed
    - utilize all my resources: Work in Progress; getting LOTS done
    - spend spare time on crafting for gift-giving: Work in Progress
    - OAWC&B (Once-A-Week-Cooking & Baking: Completed; this prepared & frozen food has now lasted for over 1 month.
    - ACCOUNTS for Income Tax: Began reading the forms
    - get a fishing license this spring: To-Do
    - make plans for starting seeds for tomatoes, herbs, flowers, etc.: To-Do

Living within my Budget: (updates)
    Inventory & Organization:
    - Jan.2: Continue to de-clutter & organize my office/spare room/sewing supplies room; take mental inventory of my supplies and make plans to utilize them for gift-crafting projects. Will not stop until I can hear an echo in this room.
    - Jan.16: Finished today; and I can even hear a bit of an echo.

Fridge & Food To-Do's:
    - Jan.1: prep outer leaves on 2 lettuce heads
    - bake rhubarb cobbler & cake from rhubarb sauce
    - defrost & prep ground beef in order to vary the 30 prepped & frozen turkey meals I made from my Christmas turkey (I found it deep in my freezer, so didn't have to buy one in December/11).
    - Jan.2: made a large pan of lasagna, prepped lettuce & salad fixings, saved pasta stock for turkey soup
    - Jan.3: got errands done & groceries (used the Kelloggs Special K FPC, but product was priced at $6.49, and I still paid $1, opened the little package and it was half-filled, so worth about $1 IMO.
    As I expected, beef roasts are priced lower now @ $3.49/lb than during December @ $3.99 to $4.49/lb; glad I waited till Jan. to buy. Got a good price for the 2 rye bread @ 2/$4.
    - Jan.4-6: lots of cooking & baking today; updates on Pg.2,3 of thread.
    - Jan.7: Thrift Shop bag sale $3, for 7 quality turtleneck sweaters & a new fitted bedsheet.
    - Jan.10: some great sale deals at the grocery store & with coupons

Clothing-Related projects:
    - Jan.12: began work on long list of various 'clothing' projects & organization of my resources; updates on thread.
    - Jan.16: spare room organized; I know my resources again; can go ahead with crafting/sewing projects now.

A Little Downturn:
    - Jan.17: coming down sick with a cold, fever and trouble breathing; good thing I don't have to cook or clean for awhile; glad all that is in place while I deal with work and the essentials for the time being.
    - Jan.18/19: swallowed a bone splinter, which is stuck in my throat; now I'm really sick; did manage to print off lots of free knitting patterns today, hope to get well soon & do some crafts.
    - Jan.21: developed throat infection from the damage, recuperating slowly.

Back in Action:
    - Jan.20: worked 3 1/2 hrs. today on rag-rug strips, prepared 5 balls for crafting. Got some more free knitting patterns off the net.
    - Jan.21,22: studied Canadian coin currency history & info regarding selling jewellery/coins (now if only I had some...)
    - Jan.22: got groceries because the weather was only -8 degrees today, instead of the dangerous freezing temps all week long.
    Roast beef has gone down to $2.99/lb, down from $3.49/lb a couple weeks ago, and down from $3.99/lb in December.
    Great prices on citrus fruits.
    - Jan.23: Various "How-To & Survival Skills links" added to Pg.11 & 12 of this thread.
    - Jan.23: Change to Budget = Add $50 to ea. monthly income from EF, for stockpile purchases of food.
    - Jan.24: Current & stockpile grocery additions at marvellous prices.
    - Jan.25: Bought yogurt (with coupons), and carrots at very good prices.

- Jan.26: I am in terrible shock to read today that P.M. Harper is planning to change the OAS retirement age from Age 65 to Age 67! (For info: read today's news on the web.)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...mymanitoba.com

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01...-davos-speech/

With my worsening health problems, underemployment and financial situation, I have no idea how to survive for that long before being able to collect a pension. Or maybe that's the point...he doesn't intend that Seniors should survive long enough to collect retirement pensions.
    SENIORS UNITE FOR "GREY POWER".

Jan.27: Working on crafts yesterday and today to maximize resources: prepped 12 rag-rug rolls, housework.
    Jan.28: Crafting preps on rag-rug rolls again, 4 more done; got groceries again, including more for food stockpile; bought the last pack of ground beef on sale (it must have been meant for me). If I've overspent my budget on stockpiling food, that's ok, because I purchased at exceptionally low prices, and will actually save more $ by buying now than later.
    Jan.31: Budget Update today;
    DEFICIT OF $-74.36, due to stockpile additions and Safety Deposit Box charges, and after applying the GST Rebate.

January 2012 Budget Balance & Update: $-74.36

* January Budget surplus allotted to Emergency Fund: 0

Last edited by Valiant; Tue, Jan 31st, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Valiant, you have totally inspired me to challenge myself and stick to a budget. I've always been a slave to "on the whim" spending so thank you!

So, after much thought and number crunching, my January budget is as follows:

Expenses:

Tuition & other school fees: $718.87 / $638.22 (UPDATE: (Jan. 18) ouch)

RRSP contribution: $50 / $50 (automatic)

Groceries: $71.85 / $100 (UPDATE: (Jan. 12) Can I make it to the end of the month? YES I CAN!)

Stamp + Coin collection: $32 / $32 (Can't pass up the Lunar New Year stamps @.@)

Entertainment: $74 / $150 (Higher than usual b/c I have a birthday this month)

Total budgeted expenses: $946.72 / $970.22 ($23.50 left and 5 days to go...)

Budget surplus will be spent as such:

THE Piggy Bank: $30 / $20

Everyday savings: $150 / $125

No spend days to date: 17/31

Coupons used:
    $9.24

Income from Kijiji sales:
    $25.00

Money found: $0.02

Goals:

1) There's lots of food in the fridge/freezer, some of which has been there for a while and some of which accumulated over the holidays, so I will be trying to eat out of that for the month and hopefully do very little grocery shopping.

2) Following #1: I need to inventory my pantry... Update: (Jan. 2nd) DONE

3) I like to pay things with my VISA to get points (I've never carried a balance on it) but this month I will try to pay the charge to my VISA immediately after the charge shows up on my card. This way, when the VISA bill comes in February, the balance will be(should be) an awesome $0. This will also make budgeting for February much easier if I don't have think in retrospect.

UPDATE (Jan. 5):

I have this nasty, sinking feeling that the one of my application fees just went up by $25..
    Guess we'll find out for sure here in a week when the rest of my tuition stuff is due. Also ordered 2 transcripts, which are now $12 a piece. They used to be $10.

UPDATE (Jan. 10):

Had to buy a book for school today so it's official...I blew my "school" budget for this month. Time to shuffle money in from other areas of my budget. I have $18 extra from the budget I put for my stamp and coin collection that will now move into the "school" line. I refuse to go over my expense budget of $970.22.

UPDATE (Jan. 21):

Did some extra work today by helping out at an event. Got $25. Yay! =)

UPDATE (Jan. 24):

7 days to go until the end of the month and my food stockpile is going strong. This week is turning out to be a tuna sandwich week.

UPDATE (Jan. 25):

Ugh...the season finally caught up with me. Down with a cold...

UPDATE (Jan. 27):

Transferred this month's surplus to my investment accounts and dropped 25$ into my "piggy bank". There's still a little bit leftover but I'll wait until the 31st to move that money. I ended up making more money this month that I expected. So far for January I managed to meet most of my goals and get my spending in order. I also cleaned up my finances and and haven't spent any money I have not yet earned. I didn't buy anything frivolous nor set food in a restaurant. Home cooking for the win! I look forward to a bright and fabulous February.

Also spent some time this evening getting a shwack of digital photos organized and properly stored.

UPDATE (Jan. 31):

Got to the end of the month before getting to the end of my money. I also paid off all my debts so for the first time in 2 years, I can say that I, at this very moment, don't owe anyone a penny! I'm SUPER ready for February. Bring it on!! Yay!
    Last edited by sotsuguyou; Tue, Jan 31st, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    January Budget 2012:

Expenses:
    Rent (+ utilities): PAID (as per rate)
    Phone & Internet:
    Water: ........ (reverse osmosis: cooking/drinking)
    Food/Stockpile:
    Miscellaneous:
    Other:

Total January 2012 Expenses to date: ........(plus Rent)

Coupons Used:
    Change Found:

SPEND Days to date: 0/31

NO SPEND Days to date: 1/31

Goals:
    - maximize work
    - essential expenses: rent/utilities, phone, R.O. water
    - spending cuts on everything else, including phone LD, internet?
    - exceptions: stockpile additions, emergencies
    - add to Emergency Fund

To-Do List:
    - work
    - de-clutter, organize & utilize all my resources
    - spend spare time on crafting for gift-giving
    - OAWC&B (Once-A-Week-Cooking & Baking)
    - ACCOUNTS for Income Tax

January 2012 Budget Balance & Update: ?

* January Budget surplus allotted to Emergency Fund: ?

Do you have to pay for water in you area? I see in your budget outline, there is water?
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

SuperSavingMommy!
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Alright...that's it..new year...new me!!! I got wayyyyyyyy to carried away with Christmas so I'm back on board for this month's budget challenge!

Expenses:

Fixed Expenses (mortgage/ultilities ect) As per rate
    Variable Expenses...
    Groceries: $627.32/700
    Fuel/Car : $383.67/$500
    Eating Out: $50/$50
    Everything Else: $308.48/$400
    Total budgeted variable expenses: $1650

Coupons Used:$140.47

Goals:

1) Meal Plan according to sales in upcoming week's flyer (Doing pretty well...)
    2) Spend time with kids outside/at home (Darn cold weather!)
    3) Keep Proper records all month (I always keep track...but not close enough to realize I'm going to overspend by the end of the month!) **Really need to double check, think i missed somthing...
    4) Save enough to cover upcoming trip \* done and had so much fun!
    5) Get Emergency Fund back up (recovering from Christmas overspend) * Oh so very close!
    Last edited by hudsam; Tue, Jan 24th, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freestuffrighthere View Post
    Do you have to pay for water in you area? I see in your budget outline, there is water?

Yes, for cooking and drinking, I buy large jugs of reverse osmosis purified water at our local supply outlet every week. We can't use the tap water due to various forms of contamination: intensive livestock operations, intensive use of pesticides & herbicides, industrial toxins. Even when I've been in hospital, I was informed by the staff to supply my own purified drinking water during my stay, after drinking their water caused immediate vomiting.

During our flood this year, we didn't even have that option when the flood-waters breached our water treatment plant; even the reverse-osmosis water systems were shut down for fear of contamination.
    For weeks, our drinking water was transported from the city of Brandon.
    Brita systems, other systems don't work, and we get very ill (short-term & long-term) from drinking the water as is. Therefore, the whole town & surrounding rural area buys water from 2 local reverse-osmosis water suppliers; and many homeowners & businesses get a reverse-osmosis water treatment system installed in their homes, businesses, offices.

The cost of using tap water is included in my rent, and is still used for everything except cooking and drinking water, although during high-contamination levels, even brushing teeth or bathing in it can cause infections.

It's a heavy chore to lug those big water jugs home twice a week on my medical walker, but I have no other options, and am just glad I have this option to drink pure water. The first year I lived here, I was always very sick from drinking the tap water, even with the Brita system, and then I finally realized everyone was buying RO water, so I started doing that too, and I felt better after 2 days, and was well within 2 weeks. I also spent 1 winter melting snow, and boiling & filtering snow-water, and that worked also; but for the last few years the snow-water has tasted acidic and toxic, so I don't use it anymore.
    Last edited by Valiant; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

How does this work?
    Been visiting us for awhile? ... Thinking of joining? ... Click on this link to join in the fun! ... http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=26026

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Just a note to say that it is really nice to see more people joining in on this thread!

Because if we want anything to change for the better in our finances, it is up to ourselves to change it. One thing at a time, one day at a time; and it all adds up.

I did my accounts yesterday on January 1, 2012; and I've saved almost $1,000 in 2011 using coupons.
    But this year I will be 'RESOURCING' more than ever, in addition to careful sales & coupon-shopping. So I'm making many small changes in order to maximize my resources & living habits to make them more productive & efficient, which will in turn minimize my expenses.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDayle View Post
    How does this work?

This is a thread for people who are serious about getting their own finances in order. We set a basic monthly budget for ourselves, using any format we want, and list our progress on it. We keep track of our personal budget and goals, so we are aware of our expenses and budget balance, and make changes as needed in our spending and other habits.
    Hope you'll join us!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Hi,

I have also been inspired by last month's budget challenge and also decided to join:

December/January Budget 2012:

Mortgage and Fixed Expenses: PAID

Variable Expenses:
    Hydro: $103.76/$90 -$13.76
    Cell Phones: $97.75/$97 -$0.75
    Phone: $23.98/$22.59 -$1.38
    Satellite and Internet: $112.86/$112.86
    Line of Credit: $160/$550 +$390 (paying interest only to help cover budget shortfall)
    Savings: 0/$300 +$300 (to help cover budget shortfall)
    Groceries: $657.72/$640 (Dec 12-Jan 13 CC statement) - 17.72
    Gas: $350.37/$300 (Dec 12 - Jan 13 CC statement) -$50.37

Miscellaneous: $1939.31/$400 -$1539.31
    Misc Cash Purchases: $150.00
    CAA Annual Membership: $196.95
    Dentist (amt not covered by ins) $0.96
    Eyeglasses: $481.00
    Truck Tires and Winter Maintenance on Car: $909.42
    Hardware store supplies: $25.98
    Adoption of new kitten: $175.00

Family Trip to Niagara Falls (Hotel + Food): $691.60/$440 (from vacation savings) -251.60

Extra Income this month: +$225 (extra daycare income over holidays + health benefits waived on DH's paycheque)
    Hardware Store Refund: +30.69 (extra items purchased last month for siding repair that we didn't end up using)
    Refund chq for Fire Extinguisher: +49.50 (I forgot the county was giving me this for daycare business)
    Carpool money: +$75.00
    Sold pair of ice skates: +$20.00

Actual Budget Results: -$1062.81

Plan: Will have to borrow the deficit from the line of credit. Next month should be able to get back on track with debt repayment and savings. Our New Years Resolution is to build a big enough emergency fund that we no longer need to borrow to cover "unexpected house and vehicle expenses".

Update: Ended up borrowing my budget deficit (plus transferring some existing debt) to visa card which is offering a 2.99% interest rate for 4 months. Feb and March will be better income months so I will be able to get back on track with budget and debt repayment.

Coupons Used: $93.74
    PC Points Used: $120

Total Grocery Savings: $213.74

Goals:

- work towards being debt free in 4 years (must pay at least $550 on line of credit per month to achieve this)
    - build up emergency fund by saving at least $200 per month
    - tighten up grocery spending and live off some of our freezer stockpile
    - make more meals from scratch and eat healthier while staying within budget
    - work on advertising so I can build my home daycare business (I would like to make an additional $800 per month)
    - get paperwork organized for income tax

Jan 6 update: We charge all of our grocery and gas purchases to our PC Mastercard as well as some of our monthly bills. So I have changed my monthly budget to be based on our credit card statement which starts on the 13th of the month.
    Jan 7 update: Called cellphone company and was able to reduce our monthly bill to $61.81 saving us about $35 per month!!!! That's an extra $420 per year added to our debt repayment!!!!
    Jan 11 update: Came up with another $80 to go towards our deficit this month. Returned some stuff to hardware store that we didn't need and a cheque I forgot about came in the mail - bonus
    Jan 13 update: new credit card statement starts today so I will track grocery and gas purchases on spreadsheet and update when Feb thread starts).
    Jan 17 update: Sold pair of DH's ice skates and got some extra daycare work next week for a total of $40. The deficit keeps getting smaller...
    Jan 20 update: just got January hydro electric bill and it's almost $20 higher than last month. What could the extra hydro usage be??? We used an extra 160kwh over last month. Do Christmas tree lights really use that much hydro? Or is it from the extra holiday cooking....
    Jan 27 update: had interview for potential daycare client this week. Would be an extra $350 - $400 per month income. I think the interview went well so I am hoping I will receive a call back from her
    Jan 29 update: we decided to adopt 2 cats (our 14 year old cat died 4 weeks ago). Had to pay $175 in cash and charge the rest of the medical bills etc... on mastercard DH will have an extra paycheque next month so it should all work out... They are so cute so it was worth it
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Mon, Jan 30th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For the Ontario full-time post-secondary students, know that this month the Ontario gov't will have a tuition rebate website go live. You can apply to see if you get a rebate for this semester's tuition.

Starting in January, about 320,000 college and university students in Ontario will receive a 30-per-cent reprieve on their tuition each year as long as their parents make less than $160,000 annually. The Canadian Federation of Students wants the tuition cut to apply to all pupils, regardless of how much their parents earn or what they’re studying. Part-time and graduate students aren’t eligible for the rebates.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tuition-rebates-for-310000-ontario-students-to-begin-in-january/article2284208/

Am trying to find a link to that website but as most gov't places are closed today, the site is likely not yet posted.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Yes, for cooking and drinking, I buy large jugs of reverse osmosis purified water at our local supply outlet every week. We can't use the tap water due to various forms of contamination: intensive livestock operations, intensive use of pesticides & herbicides, industrial toxins. Even when I've been in hospital, I was informed by the staff to supply my own purified drinking water during my stay, after drinking their water caused immediate vomiting.

During our flood this year, we didn't even have that option when the flood-waters breached our water treatment plant; even the reverse-osmosis water systems were shut down for fear of contamination.
    For weeks, our drinking water was transported from the city of Brandon.
    Brita systems, other systems don't work, and we get very ill (short-term & long-term) from drinking the water as is. Therefore, the whole town & surrounding rural area buys water from 2 local reverse-osmosis water suppliers; and many homeowners & businesses get a reverse-osmosis water treatment system installed in their homes, businesses, offices.

The cost of using tap water is included in my rent, and is still used for everything except cooking and drinking water, although during high-contamination levels, even brushing teeth or bathing in it can cause infections.

It's a heavy chore to lug those big water jugs home twice a week on my medical walker, but I have no other options, and am just glad I have this option to drink pure water. The first year I lived here, I was always very sick from drinking the tap water, even with the Brita system, and then I finally realized everyone was buying RO water, so I started doing that too, and I felt better after 2 days, and was well within 2 weeks. I also spent 1 winter melting snow, and boiling & filtering snow-water, and that worked also; but for the last few years the snow-water has tasted acidic and toxic, so I don't use it anymore.
    Wo. That is crazy. I never knew it can be that bad. Don't those companies filter their waste water before they release it out? I always hear people saying that humans are contaminating the environment and killing ourselves, but have never really heard an example. This is really one. I think in the future a lot of places will become like this.
    Last edited by freefreefree; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

January Budget 2012:

Expenses: My income expences - husband paycheck covers the basic utilites and morgage ect.
    Food/Stockpile: $600 $300 every payday
    Visa: $400 pay $200 every payday
    Plates: new to me (paid) - truck need to plate
    savings: (automatic): $50
    Cell phone: $60

Total January 2012 Expenses to date:

Coupons Used: 0
    Price matching: 0
    Change Found: .01

SPEND Days to date: 1/31

NO SPEND Days to date: 3/31

Goals:
    - Bring down my Food budget (but still eat healthy)
    - maximize work - I can work full time hours but i don't yet
    - start a Emergency Fund
    - start a vacation fund (disney and Maui)
    - pay off visa

To-Do List:
    - work
    - organize life
    - Eat at home
    - cook more not so much on processed

*Jan.2: organizing the house before i go back to work - not to leave it to the end. Want to go thru the kids toys and cloths and take them to once upon a child.
    Fridge & Food To-Do's:
    - Get lunchs ready the night before

January 2012 Budget Balance & Update: ?

* January Budget surplus allotted to ....?
    Last edited by carebearhamm; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Monthly Budget!

Rent: $785.00/Month - PAID
    Gas/Hot Water/Heat: $100/Month - OWE
    Hydro: Still haven`t received first bill -- Waiting
    Food: $300.00/Month --

$36.94/$300.00 Used Coupons
    $40.00/$300.00 Used Coupons
    --> Had $202.00 Worth of Groceries -- Only Paid $36.94
    --> Had $89.99 Worth of Groceries -- Only Paid $ 40.00

Monthly Goals:
    -- There is tons of food in the house!! Stop eating out, to save time, and cook!! EAT AT HOME!!!
    -- Use as much coupons as possible before expiry!!
    -- Pay Bills On Time -- To prevent late fees
    -- Stock up on free items and samples
    -- Walk instead of taking cabs
    -- Put away $50.00/Month for emergencies and baby!
    -- Get ready for Baby!! -- Stock up on samples, and freebies etc.

** Went a little over board for Christmas -- This year I would like to start purchasing Christmas Presents throughout the year oppose to last minute shopping at least it wont be so financially demanding! **

Best of Luck to everyone else participating in the Budget!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    Wo. That is crazy. I never knew it can be that bad. Don't those companies filter their waste water before they release it out? NO I always hear people saying that humans are contaminating the environment and killing ourselves, but have never really heard an example. This is really one. I think in the future a lot of places will become like this. Unfortunately, there are already lots of places like this. Remember Walkerton. On the upside, it isn't as bad as it used to be a few years ago.
    Thanks for your caring comments.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information