User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for cheap & reliable internet provider

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This is too good. If you read my earlier rant post you see how I mention Bell/Rogers continuously increase their prices every year...

Well this just in Rogers customers! Your bill will be going up for Internet, Home phone AND CABLE on March 1st 2012

Here are the internet increases:

Express will increase from $46.99 to $48.99
    Extreme will increase from $59.99 to $61.99
    Extreme Plus will increase from $69.99 to $71.99

You can view Home Phone and Cable increases here:
    www.rogers.com/next
    All phone services will be going up $2 and same for the cable packages, with some of the VIP movie packs going up $4 each!

I am so happy I got rid of all Rogers services over a year ago. This just makes me laugh. Like clockwork every friggin year March 1st...enjoy your price increase!
    Last edited by BobSagget; Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

oh I didn't know that Rogers was increasing prices. I just signed a retention contract with them so I wonder if the prices are locked in.
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tek Saavy is also increasing their price. They blame Rogers and Bell for it...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, it was mentioned in post #9 - my bill will be going up nearly $5 with taxes
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    oh I didn't know that Rogers was increasing prices. I just signed a retention contract with them so I wonder if the prices are locked in.
    nope. your prices will be going up too.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deanwilkins View Post
    Tek Saavy is also increasing their price. They blame Rogers and Bell for it...
    Is Tek Savvy a Bell wholesaler?

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Is Tek Savvy a Bell wholesaler?
    Yes they are a wholesaler of Bell AND Rogers as they offer both DSL and cable internet packages.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BobSagget View Post
    I feel bad for people who pay an arm and a leg for Bell/Rogers services and are oblivious to the money they are throwing away.

It pays to actually research your options. So many people are being taken for their money and they think they are getting a deal.

Now I subscribe to NO services from rogers/bell

No one could ever convince me to return to those two horrible companies
    You seem happy with your provider.
    Who are you with/how long?
    Thanks.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    You seem happy with your provider.
    Who are you with/how long?
    Thanks.
    I've been with Teksavvy on their DSL package since February 2010, and yes I am quite happy. I've never had to call in and I am lucky to live close to a Bell CO (central office) so I get full speeds.

Before that I had been a Rogers customer for 10+ years. Got sick of their yearly price increases and their constant lowering bandwidth caps. Finally when they decided to charge people an overage of $50/month for going over their cap I had enough and switched.

My Teksavvy plan is 6Mbit/300GB a month and I pay $31.95 + tax a month for it (going up to 34.99 in February thanks to the new CRTC UBB ruling). The cap is a lot better as I NEVER go over it, but still do 150GB or so. Which on Rogers would be an extra $50 every single month.

Still beats what I was paying Rogers. I believe I was paying $42.99 for Extreme (20% off for 1 year) and then usually another $25 for going over the cap (this was the max cap at the time, when they increased to $50 is when I had enough).
    Last edited by BobSagget; Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go for primus. its the best for downloading!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    Switch to teksavvy and you'll get more for less.

Link to their website is: http://teksavvy.com/en/default.asp
    This is really awesome, i am paying $60 every month to stupid Bell. I am gonna cancel my Bell connection right now

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have been with Teksavvy since Sept 09 and this is the first time my price has increased, no extra fees have ever been added to my account and I have dealt with CS when I moved and Bell didnt show to activate my line, they were very helpful, kept me on hold while they called Bell and confirmed the time was convenient with me before confirming with Bell. So the price increase is not a huge deal for me at all for the level of service.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi all,

Thanks for the info & suggestions. Glad that others are thinking of switching providers too.

I won a Boxee box (worth about $190) from Teksavvy through their Twelve Days of Christmas Giveaways contest. I was impressed that I got an email from their Marketing & Communications Director on the same day that I submitted my entry saying that I won the prize. I'll definitely switch now as I'll use my computer more now to watch free shows and movies.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anicas_stash View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for the info & suggestions. Glad that others are thinking of switching providers too.

I won a Boxee box (worth about $190) from Teksavvy through their Twelve Days of Christmas Giveaways contest. I was impressed that I got an email from their Marketing & Communications Director on the same day that I submitted my entry saying that I won the prize. I'll definitely switch now as I'll use my computer more now to watch free shows and movies.
    Wow that's awesome. I own one of those. I love it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information