User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post

my shoes were $50 and they are FABULOUS
    Attachment 77363
    I LOVE those shoes

I envy those who can wear heels like that.. I can't stand in those for more than 2 hrs

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by g_skywalker View Post
    Suggestions to save money, wisdom from experience(personal and as pastor):

1. Go smaller unless you are from a culture that will shun you for life if you don't invite your parent's "2nd cousin once removed great God Parent". At least half of our guests we haven't seen since our wedding 11 years ago. Invite people who are part of your life and will continue to be(yes you won't be perfect at knowing who, but try it)

2. Why not grow a garden of flowers. Design your garden to be flowers you want for the wedding, and pick a wedding time where they will work. Free flowers, some people spend 1000's on flowers.

3. Do a small wedding picture package and then have family members take lots of pics that you can get printed. Or if you have family/friends are good enough photographers, ask them to do your shots, plus still get the other family/friends to share their pictures.

4. Figure out when it is most advantageous financially to get married. We got married on Dec 30, so I could write my wife off who was in school. Saved 5k on my taxes to pay for the honeymoon.

5. If you have to have the wedding dress(still a complete waste of a large amount of money in my opinion, cost way too much to be worn once, my opinion is get a white dress that can at least be used at a formal night out or something) hit outlet stores, my wife got a $3k dress for $450 with alterations.

6. You want an open bar? find a hall that allows liquor to be served without them serving it, then hire or get someone to volunteer to play bartender and you can buy all the alcohol at liquor store prices instead of ridiculous $5 a drink prices.

7. ok, was going to keep going, but blech. Point is, it is about getting married, and celebrating with family and friends and it can be done cheaply.

Great tips!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Another vote from me for a wedding section!!

I had no success at the Bride's Project. I found the selection for sizes 12+ very limited. Most were ivory dresses and the few white ones I thought were overpriced given the quality and condition they were in. I was managed to get a good deal at a bridal store.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    I LOVE those shoes

I envy those who can wear heels like that.. I can't stand in those for more than 2 hrs
    tyvm!
    i never wear heels that high either but it's only one day so i will live!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

very good ideas g_skywalker

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I totally can't wear high heels anymore either.. (i topple over because of no feeling in my right knee down).. but man those are so gorgeous i'd totally wear em grab on to my new hubbies arm and not let go the whole day.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I totally can't wear high heels anymore either.. (i topple over because of no feeling in my right knee down).. but man those are so gorgeous i'd totally wear em grab on to my new hubbies arm and not let go the whole day.
    awe haha yeah he's a foot taller than i am so that will help. i put them on the other day and he was like "WHOA i can look you in the eye"

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ooo, bub so he's tall, as well as dark and handsome!

I wore shoes with maybe a half inch heel, because my husband is just under six feet and I was close to 5'10" - but I found some gorgeous leather slingbacks with cutouts on the vamp which were very cool!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post

I dont lol but i totally respect your opinion and hope others on here do as well. We are using all the money we save and fix up the house and save for our 3 kids. Its not about a fancy wedding its about getting married to th eone you love this subject is kinda like corperate christams. I think that playing alot of games on the co,puter all day is tacky and rather do something productive
    Excuse me?

Do you really want to do there becuase I play some games in the forum here?
    Because lots of would say its tacky having kids before marriage!
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you have an idea of your color scheme, and if you plan on making your own table decor etc, now would be the time to get some items.

Silver, gold, red decor items are all on sale because they are "Christmas".
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    Excuse me?

Do you really want to do there becuase I play some games in the forum here?
    Because lots of would say its tacky having kids before marriage!

Pmed you people dont need to see this

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I agree with a wedding section as well! Congrats to everyone that got engaged! I got engaged in February 2011 and we are getting married in June 2012. We have checked off half of the stuff on our list so far, and have gotten great deals so far but would love to save more for the next stuff we need to get.

Plus I got my dress, a $1500 dress for $700. It was from a sale one wedding place in my area had in October...it was the one i loved, and would not trade anything else for it! I LOOVE the dress. The venue was cheap too...at a golf club for $500, but what is killing us is the food @ $33/person. We will have a small wedding, under 60 ppl only close friends and family. The colours are gold, pink and blue. My mom, his mom, and our grandmas will be doing a sweet/dessert table. So that means we just do a two-tier cake ($100 max). Because we will be doing it at the golf club with beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows, we dont need all that much decoration in the room, bringing down the cost to $860. We dont want to do an open bar, but we havent decided on that yet. The photographer is our close friend and his wife, which have already done an engagement photo session with us in October. There are still more to do but thankfully we have our bridal party to help with the planning.

Also, a great idea for those who dont know what to do about party favours: we will be doing reusable shopping bags that fold into whatever shape (one i like is a strawberry!) They are practical, people will use them (hopefully) and they arent a complete waste of money. Plus they are cute!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

luv the dress and the bag
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good idea a wedding thread would be nice! Congratulations to those who got engaged and to those who are planning for their wedding.

Me and husband is into travel agency and we've got a lot of honeymoon bookings too for this coming summer!! And yeah we also have a bunch of weddings to attend. we're going to be busy for weddings this year, so exciting! But yup, for those who are looking for a honeymoon destination we have all-inclusive offers in any part of the world and cruises too. Please feel free to message me if you need help with this kind of planning and i would be more than willing to help each one of you.

I also saw some weddings ideas! and i love the cupcake pic on the first page. I'm also a baker and i posted the pic of the most current cake we've made. It's a birthday cake but we do any kind of cakes too..

I really don't know but when it comes to wedding topics, i easily get excited!!! excited for those who will get married.. maybe because i know the feeling of being stress doing the planning but at the same time so excited in getting married

Last edited by cgirl; Thu, Jan 5th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sorry the picture i posted is too big and i don't know how to make it smaller.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information