User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: How much do you spend on groceries?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW, I wish we could get close to that.

Just the other day I was hearing how we have no food (we have food, we have TONS of food, but apparently not the right foods that are being craved right now). My issue right now is apparently "we" want convince just open the fridge and grab food and since our Microwave is not working I am at a loss of what to buy. I tried Fruits and Veggies last week but most were thrown out as "they looked good at the time but once we got them home I just didn't feel like them". This week I am sticking to the fruits and veggies I eat as I know they will not be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    $35 for the month of February...let's see if I can do it

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    WOW, I wish we could get close to that.

Just the other day I was hearing how we have no food (we have food, we have TONS of food, but apparently not the right foods that are being craved right now). My issue right now is apparently "we" want convince just open the fridge and grab food and since our Microwave is not working I am at a loss of what to buy. I tried Fruits and Veggies last week but most were thrown out as "they looked good at the time but once we got them home I just didn't feel like them". This week I am sticking to the fruits and veggies I eat as I know they will not be thrown out.
    UGH! Sounds like classic case of my DH with the fruits and veg. Now I've learnt that he basically doesn't eat either. Its sad and unhealthy but not my problem! I just buy what I like and then if he has some then great but I don't count on it.

The other night I had apple slices and he was all jealous like ??? Where are mine?! I never knew we had any! (Does it really kill him to slightly bend, open his eyes and LOOK in the gosh darn fridge?! Frick!) I offered to get him some but he said he would later. Guess who never had a apple? Yeah, exactly.

He is so picky too I swear its really like I have a child for a DH and not a fully grown ADULT. Its so bad that I've resorted to buying KD smart with veg because thats the only way he would get any veg servings and even then he will only eat KD once or twice a month.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

If you don't mind my asking how is that even possible to feed your family & pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    $35 for the month of February...let's see if I can do it
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Feb 5th, 2013 at 07:25 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    If you don't mind my asking how is that even possible to feed your family & pets?
    I spent lots in January and for the pets too. But I am sure will be glad when my parents come home from Florida with tons for fruit!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

OH MY, this so sounds like a conversation we just had at work. How men only see what is right in front of them, they do not bend of more things. There is no way the yogurt is in the fridge if it is hiding behind the milk lol. Even our male co workers couldn't say we were wrong instead "we" (they mean women) are accused of hiding things on them on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    UGH! Sounds like classic case of my DH with the fruits and veg. Now I've learnt that he basically doesn't eat either. Its sad and unhealthy but not my problem! I just buy what I like and then if he has some then great but I don't count on it.

The other night I had apple slices and he was all jealous like ??? Where are mine?! I never knew we had any! (Does it really kill him to slightly bend, open his eyes and LOOK in the gosh darn fridge?! Frick!) I offered to get him some but he said he would later. Guess who never had a apple? Yeah, exactly.

He is so picky too I swear its really like I have a child for a DH and not a fully grown ADULT. Its so bad that I've resorted to buying KD smart with veg because thats the only way he would get any veg servings and even then he will only eat KD once or twice a month.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

my brother used to try to convince my mom that onions on his pizza were all the veggies he needed for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Men and vegetables:

"Salad? I thought that was the flower arrangement. No I don't want any, grass is for cows. I eat the cows."

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Men and vegetables:

"Salad? I thought that was the flower arrangement. No I don't want any, grass is for cows. I eat the cows."
    I'm actually lucky that DH will eat salad a few times a week (then he will get sick of it for a month and then the pattern starts again) BUT it has to be pre-made for him including the toppings. So if I cut up the cucumber and put it in on container, the cut up lettuce in another container and lets say tomatoes in another then he won't have salad. But if I make it for him then he will or if I mix everything into one giant container he can actually take some out and put it in a bowl (shocker!) but then it doesn't last as long as it goes bad quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    OH MY, this so sounds like a conversation we just had at work. How men only see what is right in front of them, they do not bend of more things. There is no way the yogurt is in the fridge if it is hiding behind the milk lol. Even our male co workers couldn't say we were wrong instead "we" (they mean women) are accused of hiding things on them on purpose.
    Oh my gosh I ALWAYS get blamed for hiding stuff!!! Problem is I don't hide anything on purpose its just that we have such small space constraints. If it was his choice there would be nothing behind anything. One shelf for each row of items and even then its only what is at eye level.
    lecale and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

(Does it really kill him to slightly bend, open his eyes and LOOK in the gosh darn fridge?! Frick!)
    I have this saying for my husband: he'd die of starvation in front of a full fridge because he's too lazy to open the door.
    PurpleBunny89 and mhmartel like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I have this saying for my husband: he'd die of starvation in front of a full fridge because he's too lazy to open the door.

Mine can atleast open the door but beyond that there isn't much more I knew what you meant though.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

This really made me LOL! Sounds just like my DH, the house is stocked with all kinds of food, and he can't seem to find any of it. So many times he's been upset because he found me eating/drinking the last of something he claims he didn't know we had . . . even though said food/drink has been sitting IN PLAIN VIEW for days!! It's always the same: "Why didn't you tell me we had ... ?" (leftovers, sodas, grapes, cheese, snack crackers, cereal -- you name it.) He always acts like I've been holding out on him!
    He is also one to stand staring into the depths of the frigidaire for minutes on end, and then finally whining "don't we have anything to eat?" Because all he can see in there are bunches of bottles and plastic containers, but somehow he can't quite grasp that the food is inside those. < Sigh.>
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mhmartel View Post
    This really made me LOL! Sounds just like my DH, the house is stocked with all kinds of food, and he can't seem to find any of it. So many times he's been upset because he found me eating/drinking the last of something he claims he didn't know we had . . . even though said food/drink has been sitting IN PLAIN VIEW for days!! It's always the same: "Why didn't you tell me we had ... ?" (leftovers, sodas, grapes, cheese, snack crackers, cereal -- you name it.) He always acts like I've been holding out on him!
    He is also one to stand staring into the depths of the frigidaire for minutes on end, and then finally whining "don't we have anything to eat?" Because all he can see in there are bunches of bottles and plastic containers, but somehow he can't quite grasp that the food is inside those. < Sigh.>
    Oh. My. Gawd. You just described our situation exactly!!! The containers are See-threw and somehow they still can't see anything.

I get in trouble all the time too with having the last of something. A few days ago I was foraging in the freezer and got in trouble because a container of ice cream was half gone that he had no idea we even had. Seriously, sometimes I think he is blind. I had asked him too, don't you remember all the times I would pull it out and eat some RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU on the couch!?

Another thing that is really really bad is conversations like this:

Me: I'm hungry
    Him: I'm hungry too
    Me: You want me to make you something?
    Him: Like what?
    Me: I don't know, tell me what you feel like.
    Him: I don't know.
    Me: Okay well I can't make anything for you if I don't know what you want.
    Him: Can't you list some stuff?
    Me: Can't you look in the freezer, fridge and pantry?
    Him: yeah.

Then I don't end up making him anything but proceed to make myself something. Spend time lovingly (lol) making myself something yummy get all prepared to sit down and enjoy my gorgeous food I've put together and then:

Him: Hey I didn't know you were making _______!
    Me: Well I asked you if you wanted me to make you anything.
    Him: Well I didn't know you were making __________.
    Me: *sigh* Do you want ___________.
    Him: Yes!
    Me: *sigh* Here *slides plate or bowl over and gets up to start the whole task of making another ___________ again*

Sometimes I think I'm the best wife ever. Not only do I offer to make whatever he wants but I then give up my food that I've spent time making and looking forward to and are propably really hungry for. To make matters worse when I get really really hungry I get upset stomach if I don't feed myself quickly enough for my stomachs satisfaction.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hee hee ^^^ PurpleBunny, what a great and truthful accurate post of my DH ( the early years!! ) Since then I just cook nonstop in big batches ( many main dishes ) and let him dare to say " what's there to eat?"

Oh, I see this is the " How much do you spend on groceries" thread......well.....this a.m. I did a small $52.00 shop @ Metro, but paid only $8.11 OOP. Yippee!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hee hee ^^^ PurpleBunny, what a great and truthful accurate post of my DH ( the early years!! ) Since then I just cook nonstop in big batches ( many main dishes ) and let him dare to say " what's there to eat?"

Oh, I see this is the " How much do you spend on groceries" thread......well.....this a.m. I did a small $52.00 shop @ Metro, but paid only $8.11 OOP. Yippee!!
    What did you buy?!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What did you buy?!
    this!!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/330586-...a/#post5276290

babies teach us acceptance