User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

the only store card i was ever enticed by was PC mastercard, when i signed up i got 40.00 in rewards, 20.00 immediately and 20.00 of coupons, at first i got a lot of coupons sent to me and its slowly dwindled. I use it for to pay for Bills such as rogers etc, then pay it immediately to rack up points, ive got a lot free and i like that you can redeem there for clothes, groceries, even gift cards, household items, books, magazines, toys.....and there are often great sales. Im only a walmart shopper for the good sales when they are a "you cant beat it" type of sale

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    Thats great Delynn. Thanks. Just one question. Would a WM card show up on my credit score if I signed up but didn't activate my card? Maybe a silly question???
    Signing up for a credit just to get a free gift is not a good idea. Unless you need/want the card already and plan on using it then go for it.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thats great Delynn. Thanks. Just one question. Would a WM card show up on my credit score if I signed up but didn't activate my card? Maybe a silly question???

It sure will. It'll show up as available credit since, even though you didn't "activate" you still have an account with them with credit available.
    I earned over $150 in free gift cards last year. Click HERE if you want to earn your free gift cards too! All the cool couponers are doing it

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WM Creditcard is just another store creditcard. It doesn't even give you that decent of rewards. Get the Smartcash mastercard and get 3 times the reward value hat walmart gives you. Walmart superstores give you 3% back on everything. Plus it's a Platinum card, so you get extra benefits like car rental insurance and other stuff.

*Loves coupons*
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

I want to say yes.... when I called the walmart credit number they told me how many cards I had and one I didn't even know about it turns out that my husband signed up for one and put me one the account too...... and my Home Depot cards were all on there to one I remember activating it but the others I don't .......
    Thank you to Everyone On SmartCanucks for helping me save

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    Signing up for a credit just to get a free gift is not a good idea. Unless you need/want the card already and plan on using it then go for it.
    Agreed!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by delynn View Post
    UP DATE......

www.primericacanada.com and then enter the code 1LWAM in the lower right hand side of the main page.....it is threw Equifax.. it cost $18.45... and to me well worth it.... Because on mine my address wasn't right and a few other things.. and these reports are what others like Banks and card company's look at about you... So very inporant thing to have your information right on them I hope I helped some out there with this any more questions just send me a message thank you

Credit Reports through Equifax and Transunion can be obtained FREE via the mail. You can download a form off their websites. You fill it out and send it along with copies of 2 pieces of id and then they mail you your reports free. If you do online as above you have to pay because the 3rd party (Primer) is making a profit off it. If you need the info immediately then pay for it, otherwise do it via mail.

JMO

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like my MBNA SmartCash card too much to ever switch. I've had it 2 years and earned over $650 in cashback checks

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Credit Reports through Equifax and Transunion can be obtained FREE via the mail. You can download a form off their websites. You fill it out and send it along with copies of 2 pieces of id and then they mail you your reports free. If you do online as above you have to pay because the 3rd party (Primer) is making a profit off it. If you need the info immediately then pay for it, otherwise do it via mail.

JMO
    Really good point.
    Free is best.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

don't want it

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1 1/2 years ago we dumped all credit cards, lines of credits, etc. It is so freeing! And I have NEVER heard a millionaire say they got rich from the cashback or airmiles, etc. Just my opionion from someone who used to be caught in that way of thinking.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the Walmart Mastercard and i think it is the best thing!!! i use it to buy stuff not only at Walmart but everywhere else. My favourite time is when i am shopping at Walmart then when i go to pay i get the $5.00 credit(which i've earned) on my purchases. Love it!!!! It's so worth getting the Card!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by staceym View Post
    I got this credit card but cancelled it recently because the MBNA Mastercard offers 5% cash back on the first $600 spent in a month on groceries and gas and 3% there after and after the first 6 months, it is 3% on groceries and gas on the first $600 and 1% there after. **They consider Walmart Superstores a grocery store** Which is awesome!

Keep in mind that you can only redeem Walmart cash back in increments of $5. That's what turned me off it....the free $20 was nice though....
    This MBNA Smartcash credit card is so far the best in the market. When MBNA first launched this SmartCash credit card two years ago they almost canceled the whole program due to overwhelming responses and they figured they were offering too much benefits to card holders. (Even though RBC entered the competition and recently launched a new cash back Mastercard, it only offers 2% on grocery and 1% for the rest.)
    By signing up the MBNA Smartcash credit card online through a link you'll also get $60 (please feel free to PM me for that), that's way better than the $20 bonus in average most credit cards offer.
    I used to be a Credit Analyst and please feel free to ask questions if you have confusion about credit (i.e. FICO score reading on your credit report, etc).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emma008 View Post
    Walmart lady came up to me and offer me 5$ for signing up for a Walmart Mastercard. After signing up and receiving your card, you can get another $15 in walmart rewards. So, altogether you get 20$ free.

Unfortunate for me, I already have a Walmart MC. I think this card is great if shop at Walmart. you can earn 1% in rewards on anywhere you shop; 1.25% on every dollar you shop at walmart.
    You can also get another $10 in rewards dollars for choosing the paperless statement option online. As well right now they have a promo, should you want to get up to two additional cards for your spouse and whoever else, you can earn another $15 per card in reward dollars.

I use the card for everything, from shopping at Walmart, to paying my bills(then pay off right away), shopping elsewhere. Last year I earned enough reward dollars to purchase a new laptop for my husband for Xmas

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i LOVE my walmart mastercard! i always shop at walmart and the rewards seem to add up quickly... it is my only credit card so im not too worried about my credit.. its great because i build up the rewards and use em for christmas shopping!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information