User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DiamondLil, I know exactly what you mean by the calories that we " drink" . It is shocking the first time to see how many beverages we consume blindly. DH and I made a conscious effort a few years ago and drank our coffee black ( no sugar or cream) and we got used to it we preferred the taste.
    However, old habits die hard, and here we are back to our old ways again, buying the half and half cream for the house. Still neither of us take sugar, never have.

Mia, the coffee you drink , is that an espresso?

One of DH co workers ( you may want to cover your mouth for this sick part) He actually orders coffee from the drive through at Tim's and orders a large " 4 by 4 "

I had never heard that kind of order, DH said yes, it is 4 sugars and 4 creams in one stinking cup!! I would hurl.

babies teach us acceptance

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I forgot to tell you that because of my coffee habit there was a time when I lost about 8 kg in 2 months. When I felt hungry I just drank a small coffee cup of a strong coffee, after that I eat my food but so tiny amount. And when I wanted to snack I just drank coffe, and that's it, no cravings for snacking. Also coffee did burn my extra weight as well.

But those who have high blood presure (or a tendency of having high blood presure from time to time)have to be very careful in drinking coffee.
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    DiamondLil, I know exactly what you mean by the calories that we " drink" . It is shocking the first time to see how many beverages we consume blindly. DH and I made a conscious effort a few years ago and drank our coffee black ( no sugar or cream) and we got used to it we preferred the taste.
    However, old habits die hard, and here we are back to our old ways again, buying the half and half cream for the house. Still neither of us take sugar, never have.

Mia, the coffee you drink , is that an espresso?

One of DH co workers ( you may want to cover your mouth for this sick part) He actually orders coffee from the drive through at Tim's and orders a large " 4 by 4 "

I had never heard that kind of order, DH said yes, it is 4 sugars and 4 creams in one stinking cup!! I would hurl.

"4 by 4"? Oh my god!

No, that's not espresso. There is a coffee shop in Montreal which sells Middle Eastern coffee (excellent quality of Arabica) (I guess, there should be many like that) (no, I am not from Middle East) My aunt-in-law always buys from there and brings that to here when visits me.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I have two cups of my own coffee each day I refuse to give Tim's my money lol. I drink it with milk and sugar BUT I don't drink alchol at ALL and don`t smoke so that will be my nasty habitt

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    "4 by 4"? Oh my god!

No, that's not espresso. There is a coffee shop in Montreal which sells Middle Eastern coffee (excellent quality of Arabica) (I guess, there should be many like that) (no, I am not from Middle East) My aunt-in-law always buys from there and brings that to here when visits me.
    I used to work at timmy's and there was a customer who would order an extra large 6x6 and then would come back and complain to us that the coffee was cold and want a manager Like no really???? That's because it's half cream and sugar geesh!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    "4 by 4"? Oh my god!

I HATE coffee like really don't like it at all, but I love love love Turkish coffee! It might be the same thing that you get at the middle eastern shop? I don't know where to even buy the stuff around here, but I know how to make it LOL! I just need to track down the special little pot and find a store that sells the coffee. Otherwise I only get it like once a year. Also not middle eastern but I completely love the food especially the desserts! I just wish where I lived was more ethnically diverse so I could get it more often.
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Whenever I order coffee, I either order it black or with skim milk depending on my mood. I never put sugar.

Instead I carry packets of splenda in my bag. I also have the flavored coffee Splenda packets. The hazelnut one is yummy. For the flavored ones, I use them in a large thermos only otherwise it's too sweet for me. And I'd rather not half a packet floating around in my bag or have to throw it out.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Instead of depriving yourself of cream, why not buy fat free coffee whitener? I drink timmies everyday, but I use whitener instead of cream. No weight gain here
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Shocking isn't it?

The calories in some food items are insane! You'd think "What's a coffee gonna do?" but it's the cream and sugar that's so bad.

I suggest that if you aren't certain if something is good or bad look up the calorie count online, you will find it

I have pretty much every food's calorie count that I eat on a daily basis in my head now, even stuff at mcdonalds etc etc. just so I can make informed choices. also its fun to help out friends and family when they want a healthy option.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have one Keurig in the morning and tea at work now. I didn't like how much the coffee cost. And now I'll have an occasional one for a treat. But I always use milk not cream and just a touch of sugar. If I'm having company I'll make espresso on the stove and it is delicious. I just put a touch of milk. It is sweet on its own.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, that's crazy. If you don't like the taste of coffee, may I suggest mixing half black coffee with some hot chocolate mix, and use a bit of skim milk instead? You get your sweet and your milk, but less fat and calories than cream and heaping teaspoons of sugar.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I HATE coffee like really don't like it at all, but I love love love Turkish coffee! It might be the same thing that you get at the middle eastern shop? I don't know where to even buy the stuff around here, but I know how to make it LOL! I just need to track down the special little pot and find a store that sells the coffee. Otherwise I only get it like once a year. Also not middle eastern but I completely love the food especially the desserts! I just wish where I lived was more ethnically diverse so I could get it more often.
    Yes, sure, it's a little coffee pot. Why I said coffee maker, I don't know, maybe because coffee pot became too "archaic" (but not for me). And ooops, I made a mistake. It seems, my aunt buys coffee in Ottawa, I just saw that on a paper bag of coffee.

I'm form Toronto, but yet I don't know a coffee shop which sells that coffee which I drink.

I have a coffee grinder, and was sent some sample bags of Kicking Horse coffee beans. I tried to grind them, the coffee was OK, just a little bit better than Tim Horton's one. But again so far from Middle Eastern (Turkish, Arabic...) real black coffee.

Oh, I also love Middle Eastern desserts, the best desserts in the world! And I know the shop which sells the best ones here, in Toronto

In what city do you live?
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Way back , i used to enjoy the occasional French Vanilla Cappucino from Tims(yum!)...that was until i figred out how many calories and how much sugar was in that baby and after that , it was gone,lol
    I switched back to tea (English Breakfast!) -no milk, no sugar - until i got fed up with the service at Tims as it made no difference if i spoke in English or French, they always tried to give me that Breakfast english muffiny thing instead of my tea (and it wasn't just my accent as it happened to dh too).
    Oh well, i have a lovely teapot, a cute tea cosy, and English Tea to keep me happy and don't need to step out of my house to enjoy it, so i'm still winnig!
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Personally I can't drink stand their coffee, but our DD always has a cup on her desk, but takes milk, not cream in it so it's not too bad...could you switch it out, too?
    I'm on a diet and was craving a Papa burger, just cheese, yesterday and she said it was probably 500 calories...I'll have to check...next time I crave one!

Gah! I just checked...580 calories!! ....no burger for me...unless it's a baby burger for about 260...still too much, though....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 20th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

580 calories in a Papa burger? Wow!!!

I used to drink the coffee with 2 milk and one sugar (which checks in at 85 calories) but its a slippery slope for me. I can go from not having any coffees to having upwards to 4 cups a day (maybe more if I go out for coffee with DH in the evening). I am satisfying myself with a cup of tea in the morning, and one in the afternoon (total calories for both - 60). With me and my hbp, all that caffeine probably isnt the best for me - lol.

I have joined the biggest loser in my office, and I am hoping to lose some inches off my middle (not too big anywhere else, just my tummy). So far I have cut out the coffee and fast food, and am working on the hardest one to cut - my pepsi habit. TBH, I think stopping the pepsi is gonna be harder than stopping the coffee.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information