User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Nice! What types of food did you try? Was Commensal giving out a lot of food?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ohh miaow : everything from nuts, to ice cream, macaroon, juices, cheese, bread, pesto... i'm not very green so i didnt approach the all vegan or ''pills'' stand... commensal was giving a new soup to sample.. the expo seemed ''bigger'' and fuller than the previous years.. but still 100% prefer salon de la femme

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I agree -- there was lots to eat. I was so full I didn't have to eat dinner when I got home Roxy, weren' those macaroons to die for? I also loved that 'raw cake' - that was my favorite tasting of the whole expo. But I have attended the Expo for many years and I was a bit disappointed this year - there were not as many coupons or samples (to take home) as in previous years. I still enjoyed it, but I miss the days when Liberte and Sunrise Tofu used to be there.

I do want to mention for those who are going - I didn't see this in jojo's post - that there are also Oikos coupons at their booth (50cents). And you will be able to taste their Greek yogurt

Also, if you use Salad Express products, they are selling them at the show for a really good price -- $1/bag. To bad I bought 2 bags at IGA this past week at 2/$3. But I still picked up 2 more Next year I will bring a cooler bag! lol They are also giving away their bag clips, same as last year but they're white this year.

Happy Expo, if you go!
    Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Have a great life!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So??? Anyone else have a report??? lol Inquiring minds want to know.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    So??? Anyone else have a report??? lol Inquiring minds want to know.
    There was lot of food sample.
    For coupons, I'm really disapointed. I'm sure I get more coupon last year in Women show then today.
    @ Tbites: St-Méthode was there, but the lady ab-so-lu-te-ly not giving coupons if you don't buy bread at the booth. The bread was 2/5$ or 3/5$ and she was giving 1$ coupons for each bread purchase. But I managed to get one 75¢ coupon good on no fat, no sugar, no taste bread.
    The Salad Express stand selling bag of veggies 1$ each.
    But I have a wonderful day with two adorable ladies. So thanks to you Snuff and Ontest.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

hihi!

I come back with my natura coupon! (thanks for the helper!) and the hemp seed bag sample and I buy some seeds for my sprouting....

Myself, I found there was lest vendor of pills and "magical precious rock"! Less chiropractician also (this is a good thing that all those 3 were less present this year). Last year it was crazy the number of stand with pills ans "energy rock". I found this year there was more stand with sprout (germination), crudescence and raw stuff.

Olympic yogurt was there and giving a bunch of coupon with the sample to taste.
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

and we saw MiaowTheCat!
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I had a tonne of fun despite having this incredible urge to shout out at every booth, "OK FOLKS, MOVE ALONG! AVANCEZ SVP!!" I swear some people thought they were at a buffet . This was my fist visit to the Expo and I have to admit, it reminded me of a flea market. They really should ban double strollers and those drag along baskets/suitcases...nearly tripped on more than a few of them (my natural clumsiness might have something to do with that too though, lol).

I've decided I'll never make a good health food nut. Although I had plenty to sample, I left there feeling starved, lol. Oikos has a new flavor I haven't seen in stores yet; cranberry something. It was amazing!! My younger son was really pleased with the Manitoba Harvest hemp protein powder and hemp hearts samples we brought him. I learned I don't like unsweetened almond milk but the chocolate flavor is great! Oh, and the Stromboli pizza is really good too. Definitely something I'd consider buying from now on (with a sale and coupon of course ). I'm looking forward to trying out the many new recipes in the Bioitalia booklet, the Natur-a pamphlet, and the magazine 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes. Dh already took off with the copies of Les Pages Vertes Eco Habitation and Maison Saine. Hopefully we'll have some decent new projects to work on this summer.

Annie, Ontest, it was wonderful, as always, spending the day with you ladies . Miaow, it was a pleasant surprise seeing you! Hope you and dh had fun!
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Yes, it was fun seeing you ladies! By the time I showed up, I think they were ready to escape the craziness! LOL. I totally agree that many people were (rudely) standing in front of booths with no regard to others, eating or talking and not letting people even see anything at the booths. The double strollers were crazy!!!

I also enjoyed discovering Stromboli pizza. DH and I usually don't eat frozen pizzas (or pizza in general lol) because we know that once we start, we can't stop at one pizza (like the Ristorante, I could eat two easily by myself LOL) and there you have like 2000-2500 calories and you still get hungry a little while later BUT I liked the Stromboli (DH too, enough that we stalked the booth at least 3 times for samples and coupons ) and I liked seeing that one whole pizza "only" has 1200 calories I believe. We bought two veggies ones for home.

I tasted almond yogurt... Was hoping to be a convert, but alas, NO.

I was very happy to see my favorite granola brand, la fourmi bionique there, and was glad DH was there because he asked almost every company if they sell directly to the public. La fourni sells to the public if you buy 20 kg or more in one order, so maybe one day...

Aux Vivres was there (well-known vegan resto) and had pretty yummy samples.

I forget which juice company (maybe Tradition?) had many types of unsweetened juice. OMG, I accidentally tried the unsweetened carrot juice. That was the highlight of my day, and not for the right reasons

We bugged the St-Methode peeps, and managed to score a total of 4 coupons lol.

We also stalked Olympic and I am now unfortunately a convert to the coconut Krema. I say unfortunately because I already finished off one container yesterday after coming home We received a good amount of coupons there...I preferred it to Oikos in terms of less sugar in the krema. Oikos gave out $0.50 coupons good until 2013 I believe...

I am pizzed at myself because I see now that I didn't get nearly the variety of coupons as jojo managed. Like others said, it was a bit awkard because 99% of the booths either didn't have coupons out or were guarding them like hawks, and I found it uncomfortable to ask.

All in all, spent way more $$ than I thought I would, enjoyed the day, BUT think that $12 entry is way too much just to get in! On the way out, they were offering copies of Coup de pouce, a fitness magazine (with $7 in coupons for green powder) and some other papers..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information