User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Friends?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anura View Post
    you frnds r soo lucky ...you all reminded me my frnds...and my family ....came canada a year ago....no relatives , no frnds... some times felt soo lonely .........and planning to back my place in a couple of months..........sooo exited to meet my frnds and family...

It's hard, very hard moving to a new country.... it can be hard enough moving to another town.

When we moved to Canada in 2000, I had no chance to make friends in the local community since I was unable to join any of the local groups as I had no means of ingress into them. it wasn't until I moved out of Montreal into a small town where several other mothers took me under thier wing until I found my feet.

If you have children, ask your local house of worship( even if it's not one you follow), town hall and schools for parent and toddler groups.
    i_forget likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I used to have a couple of close friends. My best friends disappeared when my relationship ended. They all kind of took my ex-partner's side. So no, I can safely say I don't have any proper, close friends.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lots of acquaintances.

My bestie moved out west in the summer, and I miss her terribly. She is so busy working and with the time difference, it is hard to talk to her.
    Going to go visit her in the summer.

Other than that, just my old friends from school that I need to go visit but life always seems to get in the way each time we make plans.

I need stalker type friends because I am horrible for calling people.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't think I have real friends (as in the ones "I could call in the middle of the night and who'd do anything for me" type of thing) I do however feel like my partner and me are the kind of people who others would call in the middle of the night and we'd do anything for them. Those "friendships" do not last as friendship has to be a two way thing. I feel sad when people leave our life, but I do see how we got taken advantage of ... it happens less and less, so we must be doing something right lol.

We do have a great group of people that we can hang out with, it gets less and less with the childless people now that we have a baby.

I moved to Canada a few years ago - got caught up in the entire immigration process and took a nanny job (which was quite isolating) I met up with some people from SC on the Toronto coupon swap. I'll never forget on my birthday they had made a huge gift basket full with goodies. I was so grateful and still have the card w all their names I always had an issue with receiving things (damn childhood) and didn't know how to behave after, so I never saw them again ... Entirely my fault ...

I do have friends in my home country, but it is hard to really stay in the loop of their lives when there is a huge distance.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Charlotte....people have reached out to you in the form of that gift-basket...and knowing how much it meant to you, I know they'd love to hear from you again. PM them. Let them know how much it meant to you. Friendships are so delicate...so hard to cultivate...but I know that somewhere in that group you'll find that special person you can turn to, communicate with, who will become an important part of our life. You ARE special and you DESERVE to be appreciated and loved. Remember that.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have my boyfriend, who's my bestest friend EVER. Seriously, if we weren't dating, we'd be best friends.

Other than that, I have 3-4 friends, but none are the type I can tell anything to, or would actually help me in a crisis. Although i'd do it for them.
    I trust too easily, that's my problem. I get these super best friends for a few months, then they go sour and whoop, the entire world knows my business. So, I need to keep my mouth closed and whatnot.

I do have one good guy friend, but I question his intentions lol, so we don't hang out or anything. Although he lives like 5 minutes from me, and we went to elementary school together.
    gameprogirl likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information