User Tag List

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't believe the same discounts are still on from when they began liquidation. Can you believe that shiit?. I went to my local Zellers today and there is so much stock left. No one is buying at these prices. Those that are buying must be brain dead to actually think they're getting a deal here when in fact they're being ripped off. I'm convinced Zellers marked up the regular prices on their items before they went into liquidation. Prime example is the ridiculous pricing on their infant clothing and accessories, $25 for a sleeper that isn't even a quality brand name? Really Zellers? If they plan on closing in early June they need to up the discounts considering you can still get it for cheaper at WalMart. For a store in full liquidation mode they have too much stock on hand. I'm still waiting for 40-50% off the majority of stock. At this pace we won't see that until May. Ugh!!! Zellers can never get it right. Worst liquidation sale ever.
    Last edited by ital_toronto; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    AmberLab and mrsfreeman like this.

Purplechocolatecat-oholic Karabana's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I didn't buy a thing (Jane/Wilson) when I went 2 weeks ago, bc they haven't reduced their prices, only put things at 30% off full price, which isn't good. They'll have to come m u c h better than that!
    Last edited by Karabana; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Swaggin is my madness: www.swagbucks.com/refer/Karabana
    ^Easy free stuff yo^!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was just there tonight. I'm quite upset with my overall experience, it was a nightmare! The staff is extremely rude. I went to the Sheridan Mall location and got called a white biitch . I asked for help to get something high up down and I guess she didn't want to help and she rolled her eyes at me and turned around and she told her coworker that "White Biitch" wants your help. I guess she thought I wouldn't hear what she said but I did.

I couldn't believe it.

I spoke to one of the managers who looked and acted like he wasn't all there up in his head to begin with. It didn't seem like he gave two sh!ts about the exchange of words from his employee.

I needed to find a place to share my horrible experience and after a quick google search I came upon this message thread. I'm sure there are other horror stories as well.
    Last edited by mary-cogino; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ital_toronto View Post
    I can't believe the same discounts are still on from when they began liquidation. Can you believe that shiit?. I went to my local Zellers today and there is so much stock left. No one is buying at these prices. Those that are buying must be brain dead to actually think they're getting a deal here when in fact they're being ripped off. I'm convinced Zellers marked up the regular prices on their items before they went into liquidation. Prime example is the ridiculous pricing on their infant clothing and accessories, $25 for a sleeper that isn't even a quality brand name? Really Zellers? If they plan on closing in early June they need to up the discounts considering you can still get it for cheaper at WalMart. For a store in full liquidation mode they have too much stock on hand. I'm still waiting for 40-50% off the majority of stock. At this pace we won't see that until May. Ugh!!! Zellers can never get it right. Worst liquidation sale ever.
    I think you pretty much summed it up nicely.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mary-cogino View Post
    I was just there tonight. I'm quite upset with my overall experience, it was a nightmare! The staff is extremely rude. I went to the Sheridan Mall location and got called a white biitch . I asked for help to get something high up down and I guess she didn't want to help and she rolled her eyes at me and turned around and she told her coworker that "White Biitch" wants your help. I guess she thought I wouldn't hear what she said but I did.

I couldn't believe it.

I spoke to one of the managers who looked and acted like he wasn't all there up in his head to begin with. It didn't seem like he gave two sh!ts about the exchange of words from his employee.

I needed to find a place to share my horrible experience and after a quick google search I came upon this message thread. I'm sure there are other horror stories as well.
    OMG that is horrible!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I couldn't believe it.

That's terrible! I can certainly understand being upset that you're losing your job, but that does not give anyone the right to treat people in such a terrible manner! You're not just a customer, you're a person.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone have an update on the discount levels?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

at square one zellers its 20%, some areas its 30% and some its still 10%.
    Want to join Swag Bucks and earn lots of cool prizes? Join me at
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kriscrat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Call head office right away. I have read about that location before on other threads here. It's in Mississauga, right? Apparently this kind of stuff happens there a lot

I couldn't believe it.

mrsfreeman likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Georgetown Zellers now posted their markdowns at 30%-50%. The 50% is on fine jewelry and winter clothing/outerwear. 60% still on backpacks (selected). 40%-50% off greeting cards and accessories (gift bags, ribbon, invitations, thank you cards et al). Save for the greeting card area, the store is well stocked, no surprise, and it seems they put out more stuff.

All the "good stuff", housewares, baby, home and such remain at 10-30% off...you've gotta search to find something with a bigger markdown or clearance tag prior markdown.

So sorry to have read the horrible experiences noted by other members...my jaw literally dropped at the comments. Definitely report it to Head Office, liquidation or not, no one should be called names or jeered at.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

whats the status of discounts is anybody aware off?
    Want to join Swag Bucks and earn lots of cool prizes? Join me at
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kriscrat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Dad said he went to the Zellers at Shoppers World Danforth. Said it's now 20% but prices are still higher than everywhere else and all the hardware stuff he wanted is gone
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Signs at the Highbury and Huron location in London say 30%-50% off, but I didn't go inside.

Will probably check out the Westmount Mall location first weekend in May. I don't have high hopes for it though.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    The security guard that I saw at that location was really compact.
    Unless he has special skills that are not obvious ( ie martial arts) it seemed like a determined shoplifter would have an easy time.
    You'd be surprised though. Our security guard at our hotel when I worked in calgary was really small. But when stuff went down or a fight broke out, he would have someone down on the ground and in handcuffs in seconds.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we were in the Huron/Highbury location a few days ago.. *yawn*.. ya that exciting.. were being very patient
    anisa likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information