User Tag List

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    513 (100%)

You have already been approved

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay0024 View Post
    I would still like my reserved seat if it's still available and Jezz gives me the thumbs up. If all is good I will send my wishlist this afternoon
    thanks so much
    Lindsay

Fave colour is Purple
    So far I have seen stuff at dollarama, Michaels and a little at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    picked up a St. Paddy's item yesterday, but I really havent seen much St. Paddy's Day stuff out there!! Hopefully there will be more after v-day is over.

has anyone seen any st. paddy's day stuff out there??

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

ok LOVE this one, he's elmo and he knows it

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post

THANKS, they can be called either smiley's or emoticons

Trading Score
    204 (100%)

WOW Lots of replies this morning!!
    Irish Spring soap - ITS GREEN
    Yes thats true!! I didn't even think of that!! AND its IRISH! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    its on mine

mmmm.... baileys, if it was 7am I would have glass rught now!
    LOL Julesie are you sure you haven't started already?? "if it was 7AM" you would start already???

Quote Originally Posted by jackie721red View Post

Sorry for the long post,just thought i would share after reading what jezzebelle is doing,i notice a lot of people on this group posting about donations they have made and i think its great and am happy to be a part of this group.
    WOW!! That is so great!! I was sponsored for a Christmas program for my daughter a couple years ago! Now with my couponing I have been able to do so much more! I haven't even been couponing a year! I can't believe the good that can come out of it!! *hugs* Your daughter & family sound so great!!

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Ahhhhhh!!! What a sweet, kind-hearted daughter you have! That post made me tear up a bit.
    I did too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    That's awesome Jackie, you have a sweet girl! We have been fundraising for the Cancer Society for the last 6 years doing the Relay for Life, and my son does fundraising for Children's Wish since he got his wish 4 years ago. It's so nice to see the kids learning to be so compassionate and generous even after they have had to deal with their own struggles. I am also very happy to be a part of this group!
    My daughter was sponsored this summer from the Children's Wish Foundation! They put everything into motion so fast because my Mom was having surgery for her cancer and then radiation. She was the 3rd person coming being a single Mom I needed some help! They were so great!!

Quote Originally Posted by couponqueen782 View Post
    ok LOVE this one, he's elmo and he knows it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post

My daughter was sponsored this summer from the Children's Wish Foundation! They put everything into motion so fast because my Mom was having surgery for her cancer and then radiation. She was the 3rd person coming being a single Mom I needed some help! They were so great!!

They are so fantastic! My son's wish was to go on a Disney cruise and he was still on his leukemia treatments but they arranged everything from his medications to emergency plans just in case. We didn't worry about a thing and had an awesome time. I'm so proud of him for taking an active role in helping others get a wish. He's raised over $12 000 on his own (for the most part) over the last 4 years..super proud of that boy!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

They are so fantastic! My son's wish was to go on a Disney cruise and he was still on his leukemia treatments but they arranged everything from his medications to emergency plans just in case. We didn't worry about a thing and had an awesome time. I'm so proud of him for taking an active role in helping others get a wish. He's raised over $12 000 on his own (for the most part) over the last 4 years..super proud of that boy!

That is fanatstic.......Kids are so thoughtful... WTG
    I love Sc'ers they are so thoughtful....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    198 (100%)

Wow thats amazing!!$12,000 wow

The wish foundation is great,a lot of my daughters freinds have had their dreams realized through wish,and we have met tons of wish kids in disneyworld.

My daughter had her dream trip through the Sunshine Foundation(another great foundation) when she was 13,she went to Nashville and she met her idol,then and now(Randy Travis lol) he was amazing to her and even sent her birthday cards for a couple of years after and he gave her his personal mail address,she was so thrilled.With all the bad publicity hes getting lately,shes so dissapointed in him,but like i tell her,hes only human too.

the sunshine foundation is for kids with a disability and they are great.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Oppps forgot to say just Pm my wishlist to Peachy...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

The wish foundation is great,a lot of my daughters freinds have had their dreams realized through wish,and we have met tons of wish kids in disneyworld.

My daughter had her dream trip through the Sunshine Foundation(another great foundation) when she was 13,she went to Nashville and she met her idol,then and now(Randy Travis lol) he was amazing to her and even sent her birthday cards for a couple of years after and he gave her his personal mail address,she was so thrilled.With all the bad publicity hes getting lately,shes so dissapointed in him,but like i tell her,hes only human too.

the sunshine foundation is for kids with a disability and they are great.
    That's awesome! She must have felt so special!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Wishlist sent :D

Trading Score
    204 (100%)

$12,000??? OH WOW!!! That is so great!! We are going to try and volunteer soon! We have helped some with the cancer foundation for my Mom and we are involved with the Brain Tumor Foundation!

Yes they were fantastic with all the emergency preps! My daughter has 5 brain tumors and gets headaches easy and her hearing is extra magnified so they even gave her special headphones to wear!!

We met tons of people at Disney too!! We stayed at a place called Give Kids the World! It was fantastic!! Something was happening every evening plus they sent us to disney, sea world and universal studios! We were so busy but it was so worth it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post
    $12,000??? OH WOW!!! That is so great!! We are going to try and volunteer soon! We have helped some with the cancer foundation for my Mom and we are involved with the Brain Tumor Foundation!

Yes they were fantastic with all the emergency preps! My daughter has 5 brain tumors and gets headaches easy and her hearing is extra magnified so they even gave her special headphones to wear!!

We met tons of people at Disney too!! We stayed at a place called Give Kids the World! It was fantastic!! Something was happening every evening plus they sent us to disney, sea world and universal studios! We were so busy but it was so worth it!!
    Wow, your daughter is very brave, and Mommy too My son had leukemia, 4 yrs of treatment but he has now been 2 yrs cancer free!! We are very fortunate so I feel the least I can do is give back all I can. My husband and I have a relay for life team that we help the Cancer Society every year, this is year 7 for us and we usually end up raising over $10 000 a year. I hope your daughter is doing well

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Jezzebelle i will send u a backpack as well if u pm me your address,its not new but very gently used,i think you have a great idea and i'm sure it will be appreciated.

Every christmas my family does something similar,each year we pick something different and spend all year collecting things so we can make a good donation.We started when our daughter was younger and feeling a little sorry for herself because she was in a wheelchair and we wanted to show her that some people had it a lot worse in other ways.

the first year we picked a mens homeless shelter and did christmas stockings filled with toiltries and mitts and gloves,another year we made baby blankets for premies in the neonatal intensive care unit,she really related as she knew she had spent a lot of time their.

After a couple of years she became the one who planned what we would do and although a couple of times she was pretty adventurous and we didn't think we could financially do what she wanted,we managed because mostly other people want to help as well.

For example one year she decided we should give up our christmas dinner at home and instead cook and eat a christmas dinner with the men from the homeless shelter,well we didn't know if we could do that or to be honest if we wanted to,so we thought maybe we can just volunteer a couple of hours somewhere christmas day but after checking we couldn't find anywhere and really could'nt say no as we were hoping in the first place that she would get involved in doing things for people less fortunate than herself...

So in for a penny as they say..LOL,we talked to a few people and the hotel that i worked at offered us the use of a banquet room which nobody would be wanting christmas day and they also said use any of the supplies we wanted so we set up round tables of 6,used real dishes and tablecloths napkins and some of our freinds helped with food donations of turkeys and veggies,we even had a christmas tree and gifts for all donated by family and freinds.

The shelter transported all the guys and we served dinner (me,hubby,amazing daughter and the co-ordinator of the shelter)Then we ate with them and i have to say it was a great day,they were all so appreciative but nearly all of them told us that the thing they appreciated most was the fact that we had went to the trouble to make the room and tables look nice instead of paper plates and long banquet tables...they loved it and we were so proud of our daughter whose idea it was.

I will see if i can find a couple of pics of that dinner and post.Sometimes its not what you do but just that you do something,people like to know someone cares.My daughter is 21 now and doing great,also she is very independent and wanting to live on her own soon(uggghhh,terrifies me)but she is wonderful and can do anything,we are very proud)

Sorry for the long post,just thought i would share after reading what jezzebelle is doing,i notice a lot of people on this group posting about donations they have made and i think its great and am happy to be a part of this group.
    That was so nice to give Thanks for your offer to help me !!!

That is awesome !!

Wow, your daughter is very brave, and Mommy too My son had leukemia, 4 yrs of treatment but he has now been 2 yrs cancer free!! We are very fortunate so I feel the least I can do is give back all I can. My husband and I have a relay for life team that we help the Cancer Society every year, this is year 7 for us and we usually end up raising over $10 000 a year. I hope your daughter is doing well
    way to go !!! I hope your daughter continues to do well Juliep and same with your son Slambert

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

Wishlist sent, please let me know if it is ok
    thanks for hosting this train
    Lindsay

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

ok just on quick while at my parents, will try to get on tonight with roomies computer

unfortunately my 4yr old threw the biggest tantrum earlier, kicked my laptop bag and shattered my screen - SO UPSET RIGHT NOW

if I can't get back on tonight I will be back tomorrow morning to read up on the posts, did see a few more sent wishlists, updated main page - THANK YOU

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

ok just on quick while at my parents, will try to get on tonight with roomies computer

unfortunately my 4yr old threw the biggest tantrum earlier, kicked my laptop bag and shattered my screen - SO UPSET RIGHT NOW

if I can't get back on tonight I will be back tomorrow morning to read up on the posts, did see a few more sent wishlists, updated main page - THANK YOU
    OH NO peachy that's terrible!! Guess he won't be getting any allowance for a while hey!

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information