User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Apologizing ahead of time as I didn't know where else to post this so everyone can read and post their view.

So I've been hearing a lot of talks about buying coupons on ebay so I've been browsing to see the price and everything. Came across several people (especially from my area Calgary) selling coupons which is great 'cause there are coupons that I never even knew about that are on sale. My problem is or why I'm really really upset is that you guys know the batch of Kellog's coupons that were out in store right? For the new products? Well I've been looking for them FOREVER since it came out didn't find it in Calgary anywhere so I thought it didn't come out here yet. I was able to get few from my mom from QC who found it and a aunt in Ontario but still I would've liked few more so I kept looking. When I did come across the coupons in Calgary the whole tearpads were gone. Every store believe it or not on the same day when they put it out I was so sad I don't usually care about these things but that's a product we alwaysss use everyone in my family and I'm the only one who uses coupons so I purchase for everyone else. So today I saw on ebay that these poeple from Calgary are selling in lots for these coupons and then it says "you're not paying for the coupon you're paying for the time I put in"? How is that fair to everyone one else? Like if you wanna take a lot fine but leave atleast few for others, share with others instead of taking it all. If was for use that would be fine there's a valid reason that may be people has big family or people who donate they might take a lot of the same coupon right? But these people are taking it to make money out of it and it makes me really sad and upset to see this I don't find this fair at all. And it's frustrating 'cause I have 2 jobs so I don't get a lot of time byt he time I go to get coupons from stores it's all gone so I end up going out of town (believe it or not) to smaller towns to get my coupons people don't savatoge the couponing system there I find everyone is willing to share which is greaattt but I shouldn't have to drive far to get these when it's in the same city where I'm living now right? SORRY I don't wanna sound mean or anything I just had to get it out of my system. Anyways I guess that's just the way it is
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Guess

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know and eventually its going to be because of this companies are not going to send out coupons anymore, because they are being misused.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I know how you feel, I hate it when you see a tearpad and it is for a really great item and then you see there are none left. There was a coupon for Advil that was 4.00 off awhile ago. They were on tearpads at various stores. I managed to get a few but I always make sure there are enough for at least a few people to have. (I took 4 out of the tearpad) and i think there was over 50 of them still after i teared them. Some people just don't think of others and it's sad.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

All I can say is, I hope you feel better by now. People who sell coupons online probably don't have time to come to this site to search for any deals. And they won't stop doing it just because it's simply wrong. They will sell coupons for as long as there is a market for it. Unless people stop buying from them.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I know how you feel. There is only 1 store in my area that ever has coupons and I don't drive to go elsewhere to look. Sometimes I get lucky at this store but mostly the whole tearpads are stolen right off the holders
    Would love a referral on swag bucks!!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/peebee1974

Join me on Superpoints http://superpointscom/refer/jaysmom3

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I know exactly how you feel.
    People are getting too greedy.
    If you have an ebay account you can always report their auction. (maybe if they keep getting reported they stop doing their ridiculous auctions)
    Who in their right mind is going to pay for coupons? Might as well just pay full price (in my opinion)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Personally, I just don't understand the logic of buying coupons. I coupon to save money. Buying coupons cuts into those savings no matter how big or small.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with you Coupon Princess, like people who buy them I don't think get what couponing is about, it is about saving money not spending it to get the coupon LOL

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Actualy many coupons had not to be sold etc... the person saying you are not paying for the coupon but there time, makes it semi-legal for there actions and posting can't be removed.

Is this right? NO

The more people who support and buy are allowing this.

In fact i never knew ebay had posted until read thread, as I know I have seen them pull MIR rebates in past due to wordings ( NOt for resale, etc on MIR forms)

And you think no-one here hords.... think about it new tear pad in your local store, you grab 3 for yourself and maybe 2-3 for trade.....now you just screwed people after you as you grabbed extras for trade. We are all guilty as, even the FB promo's we all need that $1 off and 30,000 and yet almost everyone has it on there trade list......we greedy and took something we are not gonna use, but expect to be able to trade, while someone who could had actually used it didn't win on FB nor knows trading exists.
    Last edited by theguyz; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I just went on ebay and filed a report... didn't know you could do that...think I will do it every once in awhile just to prove a point!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I live a small town and tare pads are hard to come by and I can't understand why there's never any left....take what you can use (be reasonalble) not greedy.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    I just went on ebay and filed a report... didn't know you could do that...think I will do it every once in awhile just to prove a point!!!!

You need to make sure coupons in question do say not for resale, etc... on them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I live a small town and tare pads are hard to come by and I can't understand why there's never any left....take what you can use (be reasonalble) not greedy.

I to am from small town, population 1200, summer 7-8k.

As a kid i can remember shopping with father and would tear down these pads and take home and play with. Nothing else exciting todo in grocery store when a kid... so can't blame all on horders..

Our Metro has yet to have any tear pads out( cashiers are like hummm coupon( like never seen ), and alawys ask where did you get them ), yet out Valu Mart has nice dispaly when walk in door and in isles as well.
    Last edited by theguyz; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Wheellug
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same problem the popular coupons are always gone in all the stores that I go to.

I see the posts where people buy 50 of the same item and then either stockpile it or give it to "charity" but it prevents everyone else that just want a couple items from being able to save money. People should think before they take that many coupons from a tearpad are they really going to need that many items.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

It is BS I agree I am also in the Calgary area and i find the same thing in safeway and my walmart rarly puts out coupons. I dont have the time aanymore to go around store to store to collect coupons and organize trades and what not, let along look out for sales/flyers, now a days i just go to walmart and get what I can with coupns for cheep and look on here... and it really suxs when ppl do that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information