User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went to the Shopper's Drug Mart on Portage (the one a few blocks from Marion), I was soooooooooo exicted when I saw their Clearance in the back on the Venus Disposable Razors and the Secret Deodorant, when I realized I had coupons that I could use to make these products Free (and then I ran home to talk about it on here so everyone else could utilize the clearance)

When I got to the register, I was informed that the product scanned up at $1.99 and I had a coupon for $2.00 off, and I was told they don't take coupons when the value exceeds the product. I asked them about changing the value on the coupon to accept it and they told me they changed their policy?!

Did I miss something? I've been doing this for a little while and have NEVER had this type of trouble - she even questioned the fact that I was using a $3.00 off WUB2 Vaseline products becasue those were on sale for 2.79? Please help me out here. I hope I've been doing this right - otherwise - I feel pretty stupid!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's what it's like at our SDM - they balk at that one penny, and coupon can't be used!

Only one time what worked for me - ONCE, mind you, before I knew about their policy - I was wanting to use two $1 coupons for two .99 products, and she let me use the two coupons if I bought three of the products.

However, there was nothing wrong with your coupon usage on the Vaseline!
    (curious to know what type of coupon that is?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Is this the SDM in the Dominion Shopping Centre? I'm confused...I thought that one was on Marion...

I shop there all the time. They have tried to do the same to me once before, but then gave me the $1.99 instead of the full $2 (or whatever the amount was).

Speaking of this SDM, is it just me or are the Sunday/Monday sales never properly tagged? I often have a hard finding the specials from the flyer and I'm not sure why.
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's what it's like at our SDM - they balk at that one penny, and coupon can't be used!

Only one time what worked for me - ONCE, mind you, before I knew about their policy - I was wanting to use two $1 coupons for two .99 products, and she let me use the two coupons if I bought three of the products.

However, there was nothing wrong with your coupon usage on the Vaseline!
    (curious to know what type of coupon that is?)
    great minds think alike!
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie girl View Post
    Is this the SDM in the Dominion Shopping Centre? I'm confused...I thought that one was on Marion...
    I'm curious as well... I frequent the Marion location and they always just mark down the coupon.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I have shopped there many times as I used to live on Marion and they definitely MARK DOWN the coupons - go back and try at a different time with a different cashier - although now that you have posted the location I am pretty sure they are gone now or will be gone shortly

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    I have shopped there many times as I used to live on Marion and they definitely MARK DOWN the coupons - go back and try at a different time with a different cashier - although now that you have posted the location I am pretty sure they are gone now or will be gone shortly
    I was going to say the same although there are 2 sdm's not far from me I like that location the best except for the sales not always being tagged on the shelf ! I wish all stores had self scanners !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for all of your responses. The sdm I'm talking about is the one at 977 portage avenue. I'm quite certain that's the location, near arlington, sorry new to the area. I did end up purchasing two of the packages and left the rest for fellow coupon/bargain shoppers

Also new to this site, love it by the way!! Thanks for that.

The Vaseline brand cream was a coupon my mom gave me a while ago. I have to learn my scanner and get posting them.

Thread Information