User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Isn't it sad I was looking for a j/k or smilie on this post....???
    OH my bad. I must have forgotten the smiley.
    Here you go:

I get bothered with a lot of the shows my kids watched... but the one I actually like, and enjoy myself... Backyardigans.
    Those kids have awesome moves. Can dance better then I can.
    Does Google pay you to search? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/00chy00

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

I remember Boobah, my girls has a stuffed boobah toy that played a song and danced while making a puffing sound. My oldest loved Teletubbies.
    The only one I can't stand is Yo Gabba Gabba.....the big orange ribbed dildo looking guy makes me laugh, im very mature as you can see

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 00chy00 View Post
    I get bothered with a lot of the shows my kids watched... but the one I actually like, and enjoy myself... Backyardigans.
    Those kids have awesome moves. Can dance better then I can.
    I <3 Backyardigans....i still watch that show even though my kids are far too old for it...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    I remember Boobah, my girls has a stuffed boobah toy that played a song and danced while making a puffing sound. My oldest loved Teletubbies.
    The only one I can't stand is Yo Gabba Gabba.....the big orange ribbed dildo looking guy makes me laugh, im very mature as you can see

LOL. Hubby had his day off and I put Yo gabba gabba on, the big orange thing had his family around. Hubby got very offended and said that DS didn't need to be watching a big colorful dildo family dancing around.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I don't think I've ever met a parent who likes Caillou..When my 3 were younger , they thought he was out of control.
    Hello , nice to meet you.

My daughter loves Caillou so I think I've grown to accept him. His voice seems to be whiney even when he's happy it's not pleasant but it doesn't bother me.
    I don't really get upset by any of the Treehouse programing, I'll worry about t.v when they are older. My oldest daughter is 12 and so far she is content with The Family Channel - there is soooo much to monitor out there. It's sad that I can't even leave her to watch music videos - Much Music is NOT what it used to be!
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

DS used to be on a Treehouse kick, now he's more into the Disney Jr stuff... I personally enjoy it a heckuva lot better than Treehouse...more problem solving, interaction, etc... We don't park him in front of the TV all day, but it's on for background noise, and he has his favorites. So far, Agent Oso and Little Einsteins are his favorites...

4 Squares isn't too bad, it can be seen as a physical activity for the kids... Again, different things work for different families. If you care for watching Caillou and his weirdness, than by all means fill your boots! If you would rather your children watch Waybaloo, than again, suit yourself!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    I honestly thought that I was the only one who thought that

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I used to let my 3 year old daughter watch treehouse, but after started imitating up Calliou's whine and Max's one word answers, I got sick of it. Most of the shows are so dumb, I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I let her watch the Wiggles. The only other shows I let her watch now are Hanny Manny, the Imagination Movers, or Mickey Mouse (on Disney Junior) or classic kids movies. I set the timer so she knows when it beeps her TV time is over...usually 30 minutes twice a day (TV/computer/games) but sometimes more if I am desparate for quiet time to get my stuff done. Other than an odd temper tantrum from me turning it off she seems better behaved and happier with less screen time. Which kid wouldn't rather do a craft, play a game, go to the park, or dance with their parents than watch TV?! It's just become such an easy babysitter for parents but unfortunately not a great one.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

[QUOTE=corbinx;4477494]Which kid wouldn't rather do a craft, play a game, go to the park, or dance with their parents than watch TV?!

Poor DS. I constantly make him dance with me.
    Lately he try's to fight me off, just makes me wanna dance more.

ahaha

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

in our house we have 'spontaneous dance parties' which is basically me putting on music and all of us dancing around. DD and DS2 LOVE it. We can act as silly as we want and a good way to relieve stress for me

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

[QUOTE=shmeelady;4480327]
    Quote Originally Posted by corbinx View Post
    Which kid wouldn't rather do a craft, play a game, go to the park, or dance with their parents than watch TV?!

Poor DS. I constantly make him dance with me.
    Lately he try's to fight me off, just makes me wanna dance more.

ahaha
    oh i miss that, i used to dance with my daughter all the time!
    my son is such a hyper and bossy kiddo, he doesn't have any desire to dance with me!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    in our house we have 'spontaneous dance parties' which is basically me putting on music and all of us dancing around. DD and DS2 LOVE it. We can act as silly as we want and a good way to relieve stress for me
    14, 10 and 7 and they still want to act silly like that..supper's gone cold more times than enough...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The majority of shows I see mentioned here, I've watched, as a child and as an adult, and I have NO issues with letting a kid watch them. They are tame, there is no reason why any parent should actually fear issues with gender confusion, stranger danger (stranger danger is BS, by the way, a large chunk of sexual abuse comes from people the child actually knows, abduction and abuse is far rarer), crossdressing, or making your kid into a brat like caillou.

You parent. You can make sure your kid doesn't end up bratty, but that's the only genuine 'copying' concern people should have. Maybe a little bad grammar, I remember picking up 'plus also' from junie b jones. That's it though.

People are so worried about all these little things contaminating their kids. Kids don't see phallic objects or dirty jokes in their tv shows. There aren't many on treehouse, but as they get older, I'm sure there will be, but they won't see them until they become teens or adults.

WE ALL watched TV shows with dirty jokes in them as kids and none of us remember them. We look back now and go "WTH how could I have missed that?" but we did. It went right over our heads. And it's going to fly right over your kid's head too, they're not going to look for anything that isn't right in front of their face. Nobody is gay, nobody is a crossdresser, and nobody is mentally handicapped. Everybody is just happy, and they see nothing more than that.

Just google "dirty jokes in kids' shows" and you'll find buckets full that you yourself missed as a kid. You'll look back on wholesome shows like Barney or whatever you watched as a kid and go "Wow that could be interpreted as phallic/creepy/etc", because you've got a tainted adult mind and you look for dirt where none was intended, I know I do.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We just got rid of our cable, so now DS watches TVO Kids. I have the TV on all day long but its mostly just for background noise. I find it a lot more educational than the shows on Treehouse. We spend a lot of time playing peek-a-boo, patty-cake, singing songs, dance, zerberting each other, laughing and playing. I don't believe that sitting my child in front of the TV and then ignoring them is good parenting.

I am going to love my son no matter what, so a cross-dressing mouse doesn't bother me in the slightest. If he decides to be a cross-dressing mouse I'll buy him a dress and a brick of cheese and support him in his decision. IMHO that's what a good parent does, allows their child the freedom to be who they are, not try to force them into some mold of who they want them to be.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    The majority of shows I see mentioned here, I've watched, as a child and as an adult, and I have NO issues with letting a kid watch them. They are tame, there is no reason why any parent should actually fear issues with gender confusion, stranger danger (stranger danger is BS, by the way, a large chunk of sexual abuse comes from people the child actually knows, abduction and abuse is far rarer), crossdressing, or making your kid into a brat like caillou.

You parent. You can make sure your kid doesn't end up bratty, but that's the only genuine 'copying' concern people should have. Maybe a little bad grammar, I remember picking up 'plus also' from junie b jones. That's it though.

People are so worried about all these little things contaminating their kids. Kids don't see phallic objects or dirty jokes in their tv shows. There aren't many on treehouse, but as they get older, I'm sure there will be, but they won't see them until they become teens or adults.

WE ALL watched TV shows with dirty jokes in them as kids and none of us remember them. We look back now and go "WTH how could I have missed that?" but we did. It went right over our heads. And it's going to fly right over your kid's head too, they're not going to look for anything that isn't right in front of their face. Nobody is gay, nobody is a crossdresser, and nobody is mentally handicapped. Everybody is just happy, and they see nothing more than that.

Just google "dirty jokes in kids' shows" and you'll find buckets full that you yourself missed as a kid. You'll look back on wholesome shows like Barney or whatever you watched as a kid and go "Wow that could be interpreted as phallic/creepy/etc", because you've got a tainted adult mind and you look for dirt where none was intended, I know I do.

totally! there has ALWAYS been adult humor in kids shows.
    if a person is obsessed with certain things that is all they will see, and they will overshelter their kids to a point that is ridiculous.

hubby and i have sort of conservative religious and family views, compared to greater society, but we are certainly not prudes when it comes to real life stuff.

hubby jokes about how a sure fire way to tell if someone is a city kid is to see how they freak out about sexuality. a kid that grows up in the country has seen their fair share of 'mounting' and such and certainly is not scarred because of it!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information