User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Re-Election wanted!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I have been following the "Robo-Call" scandal since it broke and I've lurked the forum to see if someone would mention it, no one has. I know Politics is a sticky subject and one that can get heated fairly quickly but it's also a very important one. I hope anyone that comments can do so with the respect each poster here deserves, but I'm opening a big ole can of worms anyways.

I have no doubts that Harper more than likely knew all about it, that however is just my opinion, BUT whether he knew nothing about it or knew EVERYTHING about it he still has a responsibility as the Party head to order an investigation (which he hasn't) which leads me to wonder what he is hiding. Further to that he owes it to Canada as a whole to pursue this issue as the leader of our Country. I'm mad...no I'm angry...no...I'm... PISSED at the constant disregard for Democracy in this country by our current Government! I want a new Election entirely but right about now I will settle for a By-Election.

We need to let Governments know that they can NOT engage in illegal activity and get away with it, because if we do, we are just part of the problem.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Oh Tara, you brave, brave woman! lol

I honestly haven't watched the news the past few days with 2 sick kiddos and them making me all sick.

I am interested in seeing what ppl have to say tho

In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My brother was trying to explain this to me as I had not heard about it. The issue being that people were called and told to go to a phoney polling station. ..... is that right?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I just don't get too worked up over political mishaps. Really, I just expect it.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

anisa, I'm just curious to hear what others have to say because from the people I've talked to face2face, the online comments to articles and forums I've read it seems ALOT of people are outraged! Well then we need to do something about it! Oh and I hope your kidlets are doing better now!

Avon, yes, what happened was that in the days leading up to the Election some voters received phone calls informing them that their polling stations had changed and would give them a new address to go to. Over 125 different addresses had been given out to numerous voters leading up to the election and those stations ended up being the wrong stations to vote in or didn't exist at all!

It was Elections Canada that uncovered this due to many complaints from voters that they had gone to vote and couldn't. Elections Canada investigated and found that the phoney calls were made by the Conservative Party Campaign call centre.

So, first the Conservative Party said this was a lie, it never happened and that's that. Then suddenly a newcomer to the Conservative Party stepped up to the plate and said he was the one who made the calls. Then this newcomer says he didn't make the calls, then it is found out that the calls were made from a call centre. Some employees complained to their bosses that it didn't seem right that people were being redirected some 9+ hrs away to a polling station but their concerns meant nothing. *sighs*

All the while Harper has been mum on the issue. It wasn't any Political Party that discovered anything so therefore it isn't a smear campaign by any particular party but rather Elections Canada uncovered it because of complaints from the Canadian people and what was done is Illegal and should not be swept under the rug.
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Feb 29th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Wow. I think that gets my vote for bizarre story of the day. What an odd thing to have happen. I am glad Elections Canada looked into it. It would make sense now for a real inquiry. I hope Harper has balls like he wants us to believe. Maybe I'll email Rona Ambrose. She's the only MP who ever answered my inquiries.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    Wow. I think that gets my vote for bizarre story of the day. What an odd thing to have happen. I am glad Elections Canada looked into it. It would make sense now for a real inquiry. I hope Harper has balls like he wants us to believe. Maybe I'll email Rona Ambrose. She's the only MP who ever answered my inquiries.

I highly suggest writing to her and anyone else to be honest.There definately needs to be an Independent Inquiry into this matter. And you'd THINK if Harper truly had no idea this was happening that he'd be upset, fire the guy they say was in charge of it and apologize to the Canadian people. And you'd also think that if he knew NOTHING about it or thought it was a smear campaign that he would WANT and Inquiry to prove everyone wrong, yet he's done neither.

For the record I have emailed, Malcolm Allen (My MP) Justin Trudeau, Elizabeth May, Nycole Tyrmel, Bob Rae and whole slew of others asking how we the people of Canada can go about getting a new Election or at least a By-Election. The problem is the system is set up so that voters are confused and lost as to how to do anything that they sit back when something does happen and say, "Meh, it's politics".

Well I'm pissed off and I'm not taking it. I have no problem writing as many letters/emails, making phone calls or protesting over this. The bottom line is regardless of what party you support you should NOT condone Illegal behaviour from ANY Government party on any level and by sitting back and shrugging, in my opinion you are doing just that.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

TaraF, yes. Robocalling should not have happened.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

"The problem is the system is set up so that voters are confused and lost as to how to do anything that they sit back when something does happen and say, "Meh, it's politics"."

Well, see the Elections Act. Need to file an originating notice in federal court, etc. Yes, it's complicated, sort of, but for sure time consuming.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    "The problem is the system is set up so that voters are confused and lost as to how to do anything that they sit back when something does happen and say, "Meh, it's politics"."

Well, see the Elections Act. Need to file an originating notice in federal court, etc. Yes, it's complicated, sort of, but for sure time consuming.
    Does every person that wants a new election have to do this? Hrmm. I have no problem doing it and know many others who feel the same way. Just read the following now, the plot thickens...

In regards to phone calls to these Call centres:

"The investigation has found other calls to the company from numbers linked to the Conservative Party of Canada, Tory MP Julian Fantino"

Really? The former OPP Commissioner? Wow.

Article HERE

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well, I am no fan of this government but before I fling the poop their way I do want more evidence because these are incredibly serious charges. If more evidence surfaces then a public inquiry is a must.

I would like nothing better than for this to be the thing that brings him down though. He may end up being the most hated PM ever. Even more than Mulrony.

2 words - hidden agenda <--- People have always claimed he had one and once he got a majority he would implement it and the gun registry bill and the whole Vikileaks scandal and the outright comtempt they seem to have. Well we'll see what happens with this now.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Patty I agree with everything you posted. EVERYTHING. There obviously needs to be an Inquiry even just to see if these allegations hold up, sadly I don't have any doubt they won't.

I have emailed dozens of people already but I'm having my Husband help me formulate my email that I will be sending to Harper and his CONservatives. Afterall, I don't want to be accused of threatening anyone LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I voted conservative. I really hope that they find out exactly who is responsible and if they find out that the conservative government was involved, then yes, I do think there should be bi-elections. I don't usually pay attention to scandals because they are usually blown way out of proportion by whatever party is in opposition. But if they actually did this, it's about as serious as I have ever heard of any Canadian government being accused of.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

abbasgirl, absolutely and further to that if it turns out that this never happened but rather it's a smear campaign and they find out who is behind that, they should be held responsible as well.

For anyone interested, here is a link that sends an automated letter to each of the following: The Prime Minister, Head of each Political Party, Commissioner of the RCMP, Commissioer of Elections Canada and your local MP. It simply states concerns over the allegations and that you'd like an inquiry to either verify the charges or determine they are false. You can also write your own message, and this isn't an online petition but rather CCs your message to all of the above stated. Click the "Send Message" on the right hand side to read/send.

http://leadnow.ca
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I strongly doubt that Harper was behind this. If the conservatives had any part it was not the higherups but others in the party.

There is no logical reason why harper would do this. He knows the risks outweigh the benefits and wouldnt do it. Too likely to get caught.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information