User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    yes mine has wi-fi too...Thanks i guess i can try .... another thing about the Sony e-reader that i don't like is that when you flip from page to page it is ecstatic or looks weird and you have to wait like 3 sec for the page to change.... also i just got the ereader 3 months ago and it is already freezing!!!!!!!!! it happen twice already when my daughter was reading her book and she tried to flip the page and it froze for a whole day.... so not sure if anybody is experiencing the same issue and maybe let me know what should i do....i bought it at Future shop and do not have the receipt ....
    The reason for the flicker between page turns is because the screen is not an LCD. It uses no backlighting at all (which is why a single charge can last 1month+). It uses electronic ink (a.k.a "e-ink") screens which need to "refresh" the screen to show the new text. You get used to it.
    I don't know what model ereader you have, but the better the model, the faster the page turns are and you don't even notice it. I don't know what e-reader you have, but if it's an older model, you will notice page turn refreshes more.

I own the Kindle 3G + Wifi keyboard and a Kobo Wireless and using both at once you can definitely tell the Kobo is less powerful. There is a real delay with page turns on the Kobo whereas the Kindle is so quick you barely notice it.

If your ereader is freezing up though, that definitely sounds like there's something wrong.
    I read on another forum that there was a firmware update from Sony for their ereaders. Have you tried updating to the latest version? It might fix your issues.
    Just make sure you know what model sony reader you have so you don't try to install an update for a model you aren't using.
    Last edited by BobSagget; Wed, Mar 7th, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BobSagget View Post
    The reason for the flicker between page turns is because the screen is not an LCD. It uses no backlighting at all (which is why a single charge can last 1month+). It uses electronic ink (a.k.a "e-ink") screens which need to "refresh" the screen to show the new text. You get used to it.
    I don't know what model ereader you have, but the better the model, the faster the page turns are and you don't even notice it. I don't know what e-reader you have, but if it's an older model, you will notice page turn refreshes more.

I own the Kindle 3G + Wifi keyboard and a Kobo Wireless and using both at once you can definitely tell the Kobo is less powerful. There is a real delay with page turns on the Kobo whereas the Kindle is so quick you barely notice it.

If your ereader is freezing up though, that definitely sounds like there's something wrong.
    I read on another forum that there was a firmware update from Sony for their ereaders. Have you tried updating to the latest version? It might fix your issues.
    Just make sure you know what model sony reader you have so you don't try to install an update for a model you aren't using.
    HUH??? i am so sorry but some parts i didn't understand ... ok so you are saying you read that sony has an "update" and i might want to "update" mine since it is freezing???

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That's exactly what I am saying. Not everything is made perfect. If your device is freezing, it could simply be caused by an issue in the firmware that your device runs off of.
    Sony periodically releases "firmware updates" which you can install onto your e-reader to fix known issues. I am not saying that your issue is the result of a bug in the firmware, but if there's an update for your device, you should get it. It could fix your reader and you wouldn't have to return it.

The easiest way to see if there is an update is to install the sony reader software on your computer
    After it's installed, simply connect your reader to your computer and start up the Sony Reader for PC software. Click on Check for Updates and go from there. Easy peasy.
    Last edited by BobSagget; Wed, Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BobSagget View Post
    That's exactly what I am saying. Not everything is made perfect. If your device is freezing, it could simply be caused by an issue in the firmware that your device runs off of.
    Sony periodically releases "firmware updates" which you can install onto your e-reader to fix known issues. I am not saying that your issue is the result of a bug in the firmware, but if there's an update for your device, you should get it. It could fix your reader and you wouldn't have to return it.

The easiest way to see if there is an update is to install the sony reader software on your computer
    After it's installed, simply connect your reader to your computer and start up the Sony Reader for PC software. Click on Check for Updates and go from there. Easy peasy.
    ok got it.... thanks so much for explaining this to me....

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Has anybody had a problem with their Sony Reader touchscreen suddenly not working?
    Mine (Sony PRS-T1) is less than a month old, used lightly, and the touchscreen doesn't work anymore I can't even try power down/power up because you need to touch the screen to confirm that you want to shut it down! Anybody had this happen and fixed it on their own, or did I get a dud?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information