Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fyi london drugs coupon policy changes

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 1st, 2015
    This is what I just received today so be prepared

Dear Couponers,

Due to unfortunate circumstances we are forced to announce a change to our approach of certain coupon stacking programs. This change will affect the pre-ordering of mass quantities of products and the use of mass cut coupons for all of our vendors for the purpose of coupon stacking. In addition, London Drugs has been advised by SC Johnson Company, that no SC Johnson coupon can be combined or stacked with any other coupon, regardless of the wording on the back of their coupons. Unfortunately, both of these areas are impacted due to increasing abuse which cannot be supported, and negatively affects all customers.

Pre-Ordering of Merchandising

Effective immediately, with those products where coupon stacking is permitted, London Drugs stores will only sell shelf quantities of product for the purposes of coupon stacking. As is a longstanding policy, we have always reserved the right to limit quantities and this will be enforced.

We have had increasing pressure from an ever widening number of coupon stackers to pre-order large quantities of products expressly for the purpose of coupon stacking. The requests are not modest: increasingly these order are for cases and half pallet or pallet quantities of merchandise. On top of this, it has been reported that increasingly these large quantities are used for resale, and not for personal consumption.

The manufacturers and London Drugs cannot support this excessive ordering of large quantities, as this is not what coupons were ever intended to provide for customers, and jeopardizes London Drugs ability to get reimbursed for coupons, causing potentially large financial losses for both London Drugs and its suppliers.

SC Johnson Company coupons

London Drugs has been advised by SC Johnson Company, that no SC Johnson coupon can be combined or stacked with any other coupon, regardless of the wording on the back of their coupons. London Drugs attempted to work with the legal counsel representing SC Johnson to alter their wording on their coupons as many other companies have done. Unfortunately, they have made a unilateral decision that because the abuse of coupon stacking has become too widespread on their products, they will not continue to reimburse London Drugs for any coupon they deemed was stacked.

London Drugs is very sorry that these practices have had to change. As one of the very few retailers that have allowed and supported coupon stacking, we’ve worked hard with coupon stacking forums and organizations to make policies clear, and prevent abuse. Despite this approach, the widening abuse has caused these changes in approach. It’s frustrating for London Drugs and the coupon customers who have worked responsibility to maintain the practice to date.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm glad they've made it clear, and I don't fault them at all for doing this - and most of us knew that some of the bad apples would spoil the whole bushel.
    Sally888, hollyquaiscer and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

good! i always thought that was bs ppl buying so mcuh just to stack like ***** its abusing the ability to stack take a few who needs that much so Good!!
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: removed offensive words
    Natalka and middleclassmom like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Fine with me, I don't shop there at all after the attitude they gave me when I tried to buy a few all different items wven before they knew I had coupons
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

hey, thx for the update!

what products come under sc johnsons?????????????????????

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ordering pallets full?!?!?! Surprised that was allowed in the first place ...the dangers of abusing privilege
    Sally888 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not suprising to hear this. Unfortunate as it is I don't agree with blaming the consumers alone on this. LD announced publicly that they allowed stacking, and in fact welcomed stackers, did they think the manufactures would go along with it? I would expect that J&J is the first of a long list that will probably follow suit and impose verbal instructions that will not allow stacking. Limits, if not self imposed should have been put in place by the company a long time ago. Seriously who the heck is using a pallet of anything for personal use? Maybe it's time LD looks at a points sytem or another method to reward customers, unfortunately without any incentives it makes it hard for me to justify shopping there anymore. Regardless of who's at fault it's a sad day for both consumer and company and in my oppinion an end to an era.
    Jezzeebelle likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

OK, so, now two major Canadian retailers have confirmed they will not continue to reimburse LD for any coupon they deemed was stacked.. I would say it's just a beginning...I read yesterday about a Kimberly-Clark they're also not happy about large financial losses thanks to London Drugs..
    Last edited by NikyK; Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ishyx0x View Post
    hey, thx for the update!

what products come under sc johnsons?????????????????????
    Pledge® Scrubbing Bubbles®

Mr. Muscle®

Duck®

Windex®

Shout®

Nature's Source®

fantastik®

Drāno®

Glade®

Oust®

Raid®

OFF!®

Baygon®

Autan®

ALLOUT®

Ziploc®

Saran™

Grand Prix®
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

About time they put a stop to pre-ordering. I also do not understand why they have allowed people to shelf-clear. I appreciate being able to stack for a few items at a time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I never pre-ordered and I always got lots of great deals from LD

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last time I went to LD they showed me a printout from SmartCanucks that showed what coupons LD accepts as stacking.....do you know where in this site I can find the rules on the LD coupon stacking ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry westerners ! http://blog.londondrugs.com/2012/03/...y-changes.html

Dear Couponers,

Due to unfortunate circumstances we are forced to announce a change to our approach of certain coupon stacking programs. This change will affect the pre-ordering of mass quantities of products and the use of mass cut coupons for all of our vendors for the purpose of coupon stacking. In addition, London Drugs has been advised by SC Johnson Company, that no SC Johnson coupon can be combined or stacked with any other coupon, regardless of the wording on the back of their coupons. Unfortunately, both of these areas are impacted due to increasing abuse which cannot be supported, and negatively affects all customers.

Pre-Ordering of Merchandise

Effective immediately, with those products where coupon stacking is permitted, London Drugs stores will only sell shelf quantities of product for the purposes of coupon stacking. As is a longstanding policy, we have always reserved the right to limit quantities and this will be enforced.

We have had increasing pressure from an ever widening number of coupon stackers to pre-order large quantities of products expressly for the purpose of coupon stacking. The requests are not modest: increasingly these order are for cases and half pallet or pallet quantities of merchandise. On top of this, it has been reported that increasingly these large quantities are used for resale, and not for personal consumption.

The manufacturers and London Drugs cannot support this excessive ordering of large quantities, as this is not what coupons were ever intended to provide for customers, and jeopardizes London Drugs ability to get reimbursed for coupons, causing potentially large financial losses for both London Drugs and its suppliers.

SC Johnson Company coupons

London Drugs has been advised by SC Johnson Company, that no SC Johnson coupon can be combined or stacked with any other coupon, regardless of the wording on the back of their coupons. London Drugs attempted to work with the legal counsel representing SC Johnson to alter their wording on their coupons as many other companies have done. Unfortunately, they have made a unilateral decision that because the abuse of coupon stacking has become too widespread on their products, they will not continue to reimburse London Drugs for any coupon they deemed was stacked.

London Drugs is very sorry that these practices have had to change. As one of the very few retailers that have allowed and supported coupon stacking, we’ve worked hard with coupon stacking forums and organizations to make policies clear, and prevent abuse. Despite this approach, the widening abuse has caused these changes in approach. It’s frustrating for London Drugs and the coupon customers who have worked responsibly to maintain the practice to date.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

OMG. People were pre-ordering pallets of stuff? I admit to pre-ordering in the past a time or two, but only for 6 or 7 of the product after someone else had cleared the shelves, or they only had a few on the shelf and I didn't want to clear it myself. The managers at my LD have always been great about it and either told me to clear the shelf or have put the order in.

I am not surprised at this update. It has been coming for awhile!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have been guilty of pre-ordering in the past, but only 6 or so items where the shelf had been cleared. Never a pallet!! I have also pre-ordered even when there were items on the shelf because I didn't want to clear it and leave nothing. This was always done with the approval of the manager. The four times I tried to do it (in almost a year), twice I was able to pre-order some Aveeno and some Dove, and twice the manager told me to clear the shelf because they had an order coming in.

I completely DISAGREE with people buying so much because they are selling it at a profit. It is disappointing. I have, in the past, bought items for family and friends, and will continue to do so. But I only get reimbursed for what I pay, although I do, at times, charge a nominal fee for my time and gas. So, if I got a bottle of Aveeno body wash for tax only (say $.35), I charge $.50. It is easier for me to charge a nickel, a dime, a quarter, a dollar etc. They are thrilled to only pay $.50 for something they would normally pay at least $7 for, and I get a little back for my time and gas. I also deliver! I only do this for a few select people, so I am not in any way clearing shelves or ordering pallets of things. I don't have a stall at the local farmers market!

I am not at all disappointed with the changes. I have ENOUGH! I have been couponing for about a year, and I have managed to stockpile enough to keep me going another year with hygiene items, laundry detergent, toilet paper etc. I have not been couponing avidly for several months and have barely made a dent into my stash. If I need something in the future, I will buy in small quantities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information