User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Couponing in Truro

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addoody View Post
    Well I went down to Truro last weekend and stopped at the Pharmasave in Bible Hill

Here is what I got

2 Covergirl Eyeshadows - $4.29 x 2 = $8.58 plus tax $1.12 minus $7.00 = $2.70
    2 Covergirl Eye and Brow liners -$5.39 x 2 = $10.78 plus tax $1.40 minus $7.00 = $5.18
    2 Febreze Air Affects - $4.49 x 2 = $8.98 plus tax $1.17 minus $6.00 = $4.15

So not too bad for $12.00.

I was able to stack mulitples of "single" coupons but the ones that I had that were buy 2 save $3 for the Covergirl product, I could only use one of. I was really confused about this as there were different codes on each one.

Is this common or does anyone know if they would allow me to use both of these over at the Pharmasave on the Esplanade?

Thanks!
    I find each time I go, some of the cashiers make up new rules about coupons. I have used more than one coupon for when you buy more than one of a product (Nice n' Easy, Covergirl, Febreze). I just try to explain that I have used it before and tell them how it was done. They have to apply the coupons to each item rung in, which confuses them when we use the coupons for B2 save $. If you buy multiples of the exact same item, they can use the quantity button (all items get rung in at one higher amount) on the register and take the total amount of the coupons off. I usually try to do this for them, or it gets too confusing. I know they can accept these, and am polite but firm about it now. Sorry to hear they wouldn't accept both, but you did get some great deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    I find each time I go, some of the cashiers make up new rules about coupons. I have used more than one coupon for when you buy more than one of a product (Nice n' Easy, Covergirl, Febreze). I just try to explain that I have used it before and tell them how it was done. They have to apply the coupons to each item rung in, which confuses them when we use the coupons for B2 save $. If you buy multiples of the exact same item, they can use the quantity button (all items get rung in at one higher amount) on the register and take the total amount of the coupons off. I usually try to do this for them, or it gets too confusing. I know they can accept these, and am polite but firm about it now. Sorry to hear they wouldn't accept both, but you did get some great deals

That is how it works for me too...

I was at the Esplanade on Friday...Was called an 'extreme couponer' by the people behind me Didn't say anything...was only buying a few things. I could have said 'you should see me when I am really shopping!"
    Mich649 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Allis154 View Post
    That is how it works for me too...

I was at the Esplanade on Friday...Was called an 'extreme couponer' by the people behind me Didn't say anything...was only buying a few things. I could have said 'you should see me when I am really shopping!"
    Thank you both for the information, I am now planning another trip down either the end of April or the frist of May.

Have to gather and sort my coupons from the new inserts to see what I can stack

Also, forgot to mention in my previous post, that the cashier at the Pharmasave in Bible Hill said that when they have double coupons days that you cannot stack, however they don't limit the doubling of the original coupon. Do either of you know about this? At the Pharmasave here in NB, they set the limit to $4.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I didn't go to the last double-coupons day (was a little turned off by the doubling limit advertised ), but the previous one I had no problem doubling high value coupons. Alot of times I find I can get better deals stacking my coupons, than doubling. Thanks for sharing, it is good to know for when I get some high value coupons I normally wouldn't use as the price is still more than I am willing to pay after coupons.
    Last edited by Mich649; Tue, Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I didn't go to the last double-coupons day (was a little turned off by the doubling limit advertised ), but the previous one I had no problem doubling high value coupons. Alot of times I find I can get better deals stacking my coupons, than doubling. Thanks for sharing, it is good to know for when I get some high value coupons I normally wouldn't use as the price is still more than I am willing to pay after coupons.

The cashier said that even though it was advertised that the limit was only $4, that they were told not to follow it and therefore it was truly a double coupon day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Truly a double coupon day, with no limits. No stacking on those days.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information