User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MBNA Sony MC - Ereader Deal

Baby Stock Pile
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

so can anyone who received it tell me what model was received?
    was it black?
    i missed puro and now i have to go to the depot to get mine! im so excited!!!

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Received mine today, so excited to try and figure out how to use it

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

model prs-t1.
    white

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Would my groupon purchases count? Online purchase of clothes ? Where can u spend the 2000 points?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ok - charge mine - i mean for a freebie, I am happy but the KOBO seems to be nicer and in color....the sony ereader when I press on it seems to fade in and out and it is only black and white....again dont get me wrong happy for a freebie but thought it was going to be of better quality - i would NEVER pay 150.00 for this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlinda View Post
    Ok - charge mine - i mean for a freebie, I am happy but the KOBO seems to be nicer and in color....the sony ereader when I press on it seems to fade in and out and it is only black and white....again dont get me wrong happy for a freebie but thought it was going to be of better quality - i would NEVER pay 150.00 for this.
    Okay, so I just registered just to reply to your post.

You do realize this is a dedicated e-reader, right? This is not a tablet that uses an LCD screen with backlighting.
    These dedicated devices are for reading. That "fade in and out" is the screen refreshing. It's not an LCD! It's an e-ink display.
    You are complaining it's only in black and white. Once again, that's because it's an e-ink screen! Do you read books in colour? Of course not, unless they are children's books. The point of e-ink is to mimic real paper!

You expected better quality? Come on. This is a high quality e-reader. Compare it to the other dedicated readers on the market and you will see this thing is top notch.
    I am a fan of Kindle myself, but I can give props to Sony. I received my Sony Reader today and this thing is wonderful! Any real reader will love it.

Not to mention that unlike tablets, these have over a month of battery life before they need to be recharged. Your tablet will be needing to be recharged what? Every 5 hours or less?
    Unlike tablets you can read these in broad daylight without screen glare. Good luck trying to read your Kobo Vox outside.

Unlike tablets (LCD screens), e-ink is proven to be better for your eyes for extended periods of use. LCD screens can cause eye strain and headaches after long periods of use.

Thanks Sony for the amazing free offer. This will get a lot of use!
    Last edited by Danny Tanner; Tue, Apr 3rd, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
    aussie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Decided to post here also for you info....today I received bill for $123.20 from Sony Canada for this ereader....imagine my surprise...gonna call them and see what the scoop is on this

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Danny - thank you for educating me on what ereaders are all about - as I stated..I am HAPPY with this freebie but would not pay 150.00 for it....my opinion only. But again thanks as I never had an ereader and did not know anything about them until i got this one...so I guess i was expecting more and that is probably why i was disappointed at first.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Tanner View Post
    Okay, so I just registered just to reply to your post.

You do realize this is a dedicated e-reader, right? This is not a tablet that uses an LCD screen with backlighting.
    These dedicated devices are for reading. That "fade in and out" is the screen refreshing. It's not an LCD! It's an e-ink display.
    You are complaining it's only in black and white. Once again, that's because it's an e-ink screen! Do you read books in colour? Of course not, unless they are children's books. The point of e-ink is to mimic real paper!

You expected better quality? Come on. This is a high quality e-reader. Compare it to the other dedicated readers on the market and you will see this thing is top notch.
    I am a fan of Kindle myself, but I can give props to Sony. I received my Sony Reader today and this thing is wonderful! Any real reader will love it.

Not to mention that unlike tablets, these have over a month of battery life before they need to be recharged. Your tablet will be needing to be recharged what? Every 5 hours or less?
    Unlike tablets you can read these in broad daylight without screen glare. Good luck trying to read your Kobo Vox outside.

Unlike tablets (LCD screens), e-ink is proven to be better for your eyes for extended periods of use. LCD screens can cause eye strain and headaches after long periods of use.

Thanks Sony for the amazing free offer. This will get a lot of use!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Receive mind today!!!!Where i can know how many point i have???

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiburoncin31 View Post
    Receive mind today!!!!Where i can know how many point i have???
    Call the number behind your mastercard and it will tell you. I just don't know how to spend the points yet - have not looked into that - if anyone knows,,,do tell

Baby Stock Pile
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Ummm that's not good. Any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by kk008 View Post
    Decided to post here also for you info....today I received bill for $123.20 from Sony Canada for this ereader....imagine my surprise...gonna call them and see what the scoop is on this

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meesh1978 View Post
    Ummm that's not good. Any update?
    Looked at the bill again...it actually says "RECEIPT"...so it is my receipt for the ereader....looks to be the billing was to MBNA and their account....all is cool...whewh!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got mine today

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Last purchase on mar 19, with 2 groupon purchases, and of my reader today

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

just got my 5 purchases done yesterday. waiting time
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information