User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MBNA Sony MC - Ereader Deal

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

What is the deadline to make the 5 purchases for the ereader? Is it May 31?

Thanks,
    Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Apr 5th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Have a great life!

Baby Stock Pile
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

So many people are selling them on Craigslist.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i received my ereader too. Very happy with how this promo turned out and thanks so much to smart canucks and the original promo poster, thank you!! This is by far my favourite deal that I found out about through smart canucks.

There was a little bit of a snag with the $60 through that rebates website. It wasn't showing up and I complained and got this reply, and still waiting to be credited that $60:

Sorry about your missing transaction. You should have received your rebate by now.

Your credit card application on February 21 showed up in the reports from MBNA. The confirmation number is >>> Your approval has not shown up yet. You get a rebate if your approval shows up in the reports. There are some approvals that occasionally do not show up in the approval reports.

We will submit a missing transaction inquiry to MBNA. They will then process your missing transaction and report back to us.

MBNA processes all missing transactions manually once a month after the end of each month. We will submit your missing transaction information on April 1. MBNA should reply in the second half of April.

We will waive the 45 day wait once it is posted into your account.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

My ereader arrived today!! I am so excited. For the person who asked about the 5 purchases, yes the deadline is May 31.

And to tobiwobi, I also had a snag with the $60 and am waiting to hear back but I did contact them again. That particular websited meets once a month with mbna to check on all that stuff and she told me that alot of people didn't get their $60 because MBNA did not send the approvals to them. She told me it should be straightened out by the end of April so I told her I will wait till then before I complain on all the forums.

Enjoy your reader.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my reader on Friday after finishing my purchases around March 6th. I love it and have read a novel on it already. Its nice and compact and the screen is very clear for reading. I have checked ebooks out from our local library on it. I rooted it and installed a better browser on it and can use it for hotmail and windows live messenger in a pinch. I redeemed my sony points for a clock radio. 2000 bonus points plus around 1000 points I got with my purchases. Clock arrived a few days before the reader. Next up, $60 cheque! Great deal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone remember what the original website was that this was offered on? I remember it had a bunch of other credit card deals on it to check out.

Need a new thing-a-ma-bob? Get it free and easy with Swagbucks! Fill out surveys, play games, watch videos and get paid to do it! Amazon, PayPal and lots of other gift cards to be had!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FrugalNotCheap View Post
    Does anyone remember what the original website was that this was offered on? I remember it had a bunch of other credit card deals on it to check out.
    Great Canadian Rebates . com was the website that most of us went through. You could also get it right off the Sony website but the offer is now gone. You had to apply for the card by some date in March (I don't remember exactly when)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    Great Canadian Rebates . com was the website that most of us went through. You could also get it right off the Sony website but the offer is now gone. You had to apply for the card by some date in March (I don't remember exactly when)
    Thanks, that was the website I was looking for. My son is looking into getting a credit card (his first) and while he doesn't want an e-reader I wondered if there was another card out there with an incentive he would like.

Need a new thing-a-ma-bob? Get it free and easy with Swagbucks! Fill out surveys, play games, watch videos and get paid to do it! Amazon, PayPal and lots of other gift cards to be had!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband got the card and went to the gas station and put in 5, $3 purchases( alhtough I am sure they can be even smaller than that)-his e-reader arrived 2-3 weeks later.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Got the receipt today but did anyone call, I don't like that it says Bill To me

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepse View Post
    I called today just to check. It is a receipt for you to use for warranty purposes, not a bill. No worries.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    My ereader arrived today!! I am so excited. For the person who asked about the 5 purchases, yes the deadline is May 31.

And to tobiwobi, I also had a snag with the $60 and am waiting to hear back but I did contact them again. That particular websited meets once a month with mbna to check on all that stuff and she told me that alot of people didn't get their $60 because MBNA did not send the approvals to them. She told me it should be straightened out by the end of April so I told her I will wait till then before I complain on all the forums.

Enjoy your reader.
    LOL re complaining on the forums - I'm sure that got their attention! Thanks, Valhalla - that was me who asked about the purchase deadline. I did my 5th and 6th purchase last Friday.

Based on others' posts, I will make sure to track my rebate.

Thanks, sssscary -- for the info about the clock radio -- I can use a new one.

Enjoy your ereader everyone! Eagerly awaiting mine

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
    Have a great life!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepse View Post
    It says receipt at the top.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,
    My husband and I both applied and got the Sony Cards. Do you think we will get 2 e-readers or one?!
    He already got his, mine hasn't arrived!
    Thanks,
    -- Sarah

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1980 View Post
    Hi all,
    My husband and I both applied and got the Sony Cards. Do you think we will get 2 e-readers or one?!
    He already got his, mine hasn't arrived!
    Thanks,
    -- Sarah
    Both my husband and I applied and we got two ereaders. I made my purchases almost 2weeks before him yet we got them within days of eachother.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information