User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

UPDATE HEALTH HAZARD ALERT

PLEASE check the link below for the huge list of affected products! There are too many to include here! Includes those sold at stores as well as hotels, restaurants, etc.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...19cliste.shtml

OTTAWA, March 24, 2012 - As a result of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) continued investigation, the list of products provided in the Health Hazard Alert issued on March 22, 2012 has been updated and the final day of production has been updated to February 16, 2012.

The affected product, Ground Beef - Fresh, is sold in a 9.07 kg package, bearing the Establishment number (EST) 761, a product code of 55362 and a production date code format of 11 JL 01 up to including 12 FE 16. This fresh product was originally prepared for Five Guys Enterprises but was also sold frozen.

The second product was manufactured at Establishment 530, New Food Classics located in St. Catharines, Ontario using recalled product received from Establishment 761.

The affected product, Country Fried Style Breaded Beef Steak Chopped and Formed, is sold in a 3.90 kg package, bearing the Establishment number (EST) 530, a product code of 50988 and a production code format of 08-SEP-11 up to including 17-Feb-12.
    These products have been distributed nationally through restaurant and institutional establishments.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Loblaws
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Mar 26th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good to know.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

EWWWW!!!! thanks for the warning.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

They updated this to PC brand burgers(including angus and blue menu), Keg,Lick's,Grill house, etc.. The complete list in on the web site...it is not just the 'cheap' burgers..Hero burgers are expensive!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was in Fortino's on the weekend to grab some hamburger patties...and they had NONE....they have taken them off the shelf.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thank goodness!!! Way too many problems!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm sure any/all stores will take the product back, and have removed them from shelves.
    But I found this one specifically online.

All ground beef products manufactured from Establishment 761 (New Food Classics) have been
    removed from all Giant Tiger West, Northern and NorthMart stores

Customers who purchased the products can return them to any Giant Tiger West, Northern or
    NorthMart store for a full refund with or without receipt.
    Giant Tiger – British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
    Northern – British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec,
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
    NorthMart - Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland
    and Labrador

------------------

The location -
    Establishment Registration Number 761 - is New Food Classics’ production facility - based in Saskatoon.
    New Food Classics applied for bankruptcy protection on January 17, 2012. The workers were locked out near the end of February. The ground beef producer and its associated companies are in liquidation.
    NFC operated two production facilities, one in Saskatoon and the other in St. Catharines, Ont. The company also had an office in Calgary and its corporate head office was in Burlington, Ont.
    The company’s Saskatoon facility (Establishment 761) is now described as “Temporarily Inactive” on the CFIA List of Federally Registered Meat Establishments. It had been operating under: New Food Classics, The Foodservice Company, Over The Edge, Grillhouse, BBQ Perfect, Ground & Browned, Bento, Oven Perfect, Absolute Favourites, Micro Perfect, Canadian Gourmet, Pubpan, Mastercut, Super Club and Recipe Ready.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Has anyone bought a box of the recalled burgers and tried to return them? I bought a box of blue menu burgers on saturday they weren't on the recalled list then but showed up on the list yesterday. I know the website says you can return them for refund(without a receipt), just wondering if anyone tried it and got their money back without any hassels.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

omg, I sent DH to go buy some burger's yesterday, but he said they were sold out in RCSS and GT. I'm glad i read this, b/c now i know why. If they are still adding to the list, any idea when they will be ok to buy again?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

SOOOO glad I make my own hamburger!!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I have 2 packages from SDM which I got on redemption day. Will try to return them for refund tomorrow..hopefully I won't have any problems

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was wondering why I was so sick 3 weeks ago....I had vomiting and diarrea. I had mentioned it at the time, to my housemate - it was strange because all I'd eaten was those burgers.

I wont buy ANYTHING from PC again!!!!!!! E Coli, yumm.

They are not even offering any coupons for selling rotten meat!!!!! only store refund. Hmmmmf, those gross burgers must have made alot of ppl sick....

How untrustworthy and cheap. They must think they are àll that`

I am sure Maple Leaf is still hurting from their mistake - I used to buy all the time and have not bought Maple Leaf since.
    Last edited by PreciousBlue; Wed, Mar 21st, 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Disappointed, Disgusted Customer

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you were sick, but there has been only one reported illness from it, but of course one is too many.
    If properly cooked well, it kills the bacteria.

There are many brands involved - but frankly, it's not the fault of the 'brand', they all came from one facility.

More info here

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/281022-...e-read-canada/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousBlue View Post
    I was wondering why I was so sick 3 weeks ago....I had vomiting and diarrea. I had mentioned it at the time, to my housemate - it was strange because all I'd eaten was those burgers.

I wont buy ANYTHING from PC again!!!!!!! They are not even offering any coupons for selling rotten meat!!!!! only store refund. Hmmmmf, those gross burgers must have made alot of ppl sick....

I am sure Maple Leaf is still hurting from their mistake - I used to buy all the time and have not bought Maple Leaf since.
    Its not just PC ..135 brands have been recalled .

Lot of the brands its just packaging the meat inside comes from the same facility or plant or manufacturer.

Some of the No Name brands ( yellow labelling ) for No Frills etc are actually made by Maple Leaf. Even Schneiders is made by Maple Leaf.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Mar 21st, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually I know 3 people who were also sick with same symptoms. One case was reported as severe
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousBl.
    ue;4543708

I wont buy ANYTHING from PC again!!!!!!! E Coli, yumm.

They are not even offering any coupons for selling rotten meat!!!!! only store refund. Hmmmmf, those gross burgers must have made alot of ppl sick....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information