User Tag List

Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1706
Like Tree1095Likes

Thread: SmartCanucks undergoing upgrades and more...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried posting / attaching a picture and it works fine for me. I'm not seeing any problems there.

Email update:
    - messages to @hotmail.com seem to be mostly going through
    - messages to @gmail.com seem to be mostly going through
    - messages to any @yahoo address (including Rogers customers @rogers.com, because they use Yahoo mail) are being delayed but will come through after some time... there is nothing to do about this, they use a practice known as greylisting which delays messages temporarily to try and prevent spam - on the second attempt it usually is going through
    - I am getting notifications as expected now to my email
    - more tweaking to come

Update - current outbound mail queued for domains (these are persistently problematic - all yahoo based except rppkn and yopmail):
    - @yahoo.com
    - @yopmail.com
    - @rppkn.com
    - @yahoo.cn
    - @rogers.com
    SillyLoocie and feetfrown like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just posted some pics and they were fine.... sheesh! Don't know what was up before.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I am getting notifications of PMs on time now, but not getting notifications for posts in my subscribed threads.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dataiv View Post
    Thanks for that info.. that helped me to look in the right place. Things changed a bit with the vb4 upgrade in the email system and I am working on getting the best settings. I've made some more changes this morning, and had to clear out some queued messages but am hoping now that most messages come through as expected and without as much delay from now going forward.
    Please post back here to let us know if the emails are getting through more reasonably. I am monitoring as well from the system side.
    PM notifications are still taking 30 minutes

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I could do without it. I dont need my sc to be like facebook lol
    Jezebel and SillyLoocie like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I've done everything I can think of for now. SPF rules for the @forum.smartcanucks.ca domain, DKIM signing and there's not really much else. Anything that uses/runs on Yahoo is still causing some problems but maybe that will clear up - otherwise, there's nothing that can be done about that. The other one is @yopmail (anonymous email) that is just being delivered late because of the way they work as well. If you use yopmail for your SC notifications then get a proper email account somewhere and use it instead (i.e. gmail, for example, even if it's one you use for temporary use).

Hotmail, gmail, msn, and all else are working just fine.

@ErinsMom: there are no delivery problems for your email address, so if you aren't getting thread notifications, they aren't being sent in the first place. But I am getting them (for this thread, for example) so it seems that they are working OK. Maybe your subscriptions were lost somehow? Have you still gotten none today?

@elayjosh: your email is one that uses a yahoo system, which is why messages are delayed.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Well, I've done everything I can think of for now. SPF rules for the @forum.smartcanucks.ca domain, DKIM signing and there's not really much else. Anything that uses/runs on Yahoo is still causing some problems but maybe that will clear up - otherwise, there's nothing that can be done about that. The other one is @yopmail (anonymous email) that is just being delivered late because of the way they work as well. If you use yopmail for your SC notifications then get a proper email account somewhere and use it instead (i.e. gmail, for example, even if it's one you use for temporary use).

Hotmail, gmail, msn, and all else are working just fine.

@ErinsMom: there are no delivery problems for your email address, so if you aren't getting thread notifications, they aren't being sent in the first place. But I am getting them (for this thread, for example) so it seems that they are working OK. Maybe your subscriptions were lost somehow? Have you still gotten none today?

@elayjosh: your email is one that uses a yahoo system, which is why messages are delayed.

Got this one immediately. Thanks for working on this!
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

E-mail notification delivery is working much better now after the changes made yesterday and today. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail are the main ones and all are being delivered. Nothing is currently being held back in the outgoing queue.
    elayjosh and SillyLoocie like this.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

E-mail notification delivery is working much better now after the changes made yesterday and today. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail are the main ones and all are being delivered. Nothing is currently being held back in the outgoing queue.
    Much much better!!!!!
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks very much for all your hard work!
    email notifications are coming through again.

thank you!
    SillyLoocie likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mine messages are coming through my email all right....but today's were in my spam folder?? Hmmm, that never happened before. Anyone else get theirs in their spam folder?
    SillyLoocie likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Mine messages are coming through my email all right....but today's were in my spam folder?? Hmmm, that never happened before. Anyone else get theirs in their spam folder?
    You may need to "trust" / "whitelist" / "mark as not junk" emails from info "AT" forum "DOT" smartcanucks "DOT" ca - the outbound email address changed as part of the process this weekend so that the messages could be properly signed, etc. Personally that's not happening in my test gmail account.

Update currently: @aol.com addresses are being temporarily deferred but are going through after 15-30 minutes by the looks of it. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately.
    SillyLoocie and walkonby like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I rarely look at my aoh3ll account even though it's the one SC is linked too..
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I am having a hard time viewing the last page on some threads ?? it shows there is another page yet I can't get the last page to open ??
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Many, many thank yous as my PM's have finally made it to my Hotmail account. Very happy SC'er here and I can now change my signature.
    SillyLoocie likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information