User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a "Like" or some "Rep"?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll

16 66.67%
    16 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Should we dis the "Like"??

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

But how can you vote none. You cant lol. Other then not voting, so its still not accurate.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RML View Post
    Thank you Sally888,

Please, I think we should avoid grading the poll until it has had a chance to run its course.

I will say that the results, so far, are fascinating.
    Maybe I didn't want to vote both, lol. By the way I just find it odd that within hours of the new changes someone would start a poll looking to get rid of the new stuff, or is just me. It would be nice to at least give things a chance before wanting to see it gone. The same way you say to give your poll a chance before people judge it.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Tue, Mar 27th, 2012 at 04:46 AM.

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    But how can you vote none. You cant lol. Other then not voting, so its still not accurate.
    Again thank you,

I understood your first criticism. Perhaps you could offer me something constructive?

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Maybe I didn't want to vote both, lol. By the way I just find it odd that within hours of the new changes someone would start a poll looking to get rid of the new stuff, or is just me. It would be nice to at least give things a chance before wanting to see it gone. The same way you say to give your poll a chance before people judge it.
    Thank you,

Please "quote" the post where I advocated the removal of anything from SC.

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Let me start be extending my thanks to everyone who participated

I may have been too ambiguous forming the poll question and/or posters were biased by the thread title and then misread the poll question.

I was asking which you would prefer to get on your posts. That is why I had the thread in the Discussion section and semantically, it makes more sense.
    You have someone give you "a "like"" for your post.
    You have someone give you "some "rep"" for a post.

While I realized what was happening early on, I decided to let it run and see what happened.
    I wont comment on the results other than to say they seem to demonstrate a link between bias, assumption and group mind think.

Furthermore,

dis is a word. As a prefix verb it can be loosely defined as "…a word… placed before another…" Some great examples are discuss, display, discover and my favourite…. disc jockey!

Any inaccuracy would result from a small sample size, which would render the results statistically invalid, not because I didn't include enough voting options.
    I felt that "none" was too selfless and "both" was too selfish. Again we are talking about recieving not giving.

Thank you all again. Remember what Elvis once said..... "When things are going wrong don't go with them"

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RML View Post
    Let me start be extending my thanks to everyone who participated

I may have been too ambiguous forming the poll question and/or posters were biased by the thread title and then misread the poll question.

I was asking which you would prefer to get on your posts. That is why I had the thread in the Discussion section and semantically, it makes more sense.
    You have someone give you "a "like"" for your post.
    You have someone give you "some "rep"" for a post.

While I realized what was happening early on, I decided to let it run and see what happened.
    I wont comment on the results other than to say they seem to demonstrate a link between bias, assumption and group mind think.

Furthermore,

dis is a word. As a prefix verb it can be loosely defined as "…a word… placed before another…" Some great examples are discuss, display, discover and my favourite…. disc jockey!

Any inaccuracy would result from a small sample size, which would render the results statistically invalid, not because I didn't include enough voting options.
    I felt that "none" was too selfless and "both" was too selfish. Again we are talking about recieving not giving.

Thank you all again. Remember what Elvis once said..... "When things are going wrong don't go with them"

I think we need to redo this poll with radio button selections (i.e. one selection only) and have the following options:
    What would you prefer?
    - Keep the "Like" button and use it along with Reputation
    - Get rid of the like button
    - I don't care

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

It's possibly a tangent of how your title was worded. That said, your signature is quite firm on what you prefer. Off to rep you!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I say we keep both and people can use whichever they want, I thumbed up before and repped the poster, what is the difference now? It just gives me a way to 'thumbs-up' a reply
    scbpooh likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I say we keep both and people can use whichever they want, I thumbed up before and repped the poster, what is the difference now? It just gives me a way to 'thumbs-up' a reply
    I agree... but I also feel that:
    Are just too many options...
    I'm thinking maybe thumbs up should be integrated with the likes... so that if someone thumbs up or likes the first post it has the same effect.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I agree... but I also feel that:
    Are just too many options...
    I'm thinking maybe thumbs up should be integrated with the likes... so that if someone thumbs up or likes the first post it has the same effect.
    Just wondering, how does giving the first post a thumbs up tell people you like say post 38.
    Just curious, not that its a big deal either way to me though. Reps only you see and likes everyone see's someone gave a post a "like".

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds great to me but that is a completely different poll and I dont want it associated with this one in any way.

At no point did I mention the removal of any button.

AmberLab was kind enough to note that I even have a siggie that should have cleared up any misconceptions.

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually you can choose both options in this poll.... just tick both
    Well, that explains the 15 votes each.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I got what you meant in the end but it was worded just slightly wrong then. Like I miss word a lot of stuff so no biggie,lol.

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendark View Post
    Well, that explains the 15 votes each.
    I am clinging to the faint hope a few people got the poll question, voted but were scared to enter the pool with all the sharks?

RML
    Got Mandelbrot?
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I got what you meant in the end but it was worded just slightly wrong then. Like I miss word a lot of stuff so no biggie,lol.
    Nothing about the wording has changed from the time I started the thread until now.

The only change has been in perception and sadly there are still misunderstandings

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information