User Tag List

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

So, we are going on a much needed vacay in a week. The resort has a kid's section and my little man is really looking forward to the beach. There is a special kids section with a kid's pool and slides etc. He is very excited.

Problem: He is 34 mos old, 41" tall, 51 lbs, wears ~ size 6, and has decided that toilets are inconvenient! Pampers and Huggies don't fit him anymore- too small. Parents choice and Teddy training pants (4-5T) are made a bit bigger, so I have luck there for when he needs a back up plan. I fear what may happen in the kid's pool!

Anyone have any experience with this? Or should I just buy the largest swim pant and pack the duct tape?

This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pampers

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Have you looked for some reusable swim diapers? Not the most convenient solution. Otherwise, I'm sure most kid's pee in the pool sometimes. The chlorine likely kills all the germs anyway? LOL.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Have you checked out cloth diaper covers? We used to use Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, which worked wonderfully! Swim diapers don't keep urine out of the pool anyways, so you just need something that would keep the poop out . I'm not sure what size those particluar covers goes up to, but you might have some luck with that!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I agree with cloth diaper covers - either ones specifically for swimming, or even just plain covers will work.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the advice- There is no cloth ready made solution for this one. It is for the same reason we gave up cloth diapers- everything is too small for him. The reusable swim diapers- up to 32 lbs. The largest diaper cover I could find fit up to 42 lbs and that was so five months ago for him! LOL.

But you ladies did hit on something- I am thinking that I just need to put my sewing skills to use. My local fabric store got some cute PUL in (diaper cover material) so I need to draft a pattern and do it quickly. I am not sure that I can pull it off- but I won't know if I don't try.

Thanks so much!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have you looked into if they make an adult size one small enough? Might be another option?
    gone shopping!

Thread Information