User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Repackaging is disgusting and dishonest. The story tonight confirms it. Superstore makes enough money and they shouldn't have to stoop this level.

I'm pretty sure NoFrills repackages as well. I bought ground beef there twice in the last 6 months and both smelled gross and sour when I removed the plastic. Since then, I've only purchased my meat from Costco. I've had good luck there...so far...(keeping my fingers crossed).

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecouponclipper View Post
    can you put if a link of that video?
    i dont live in BC but i would LOVE to watch this
    thanks
    http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for posting this! This is disgusting.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks!! Sickening to say the least.
    never judge a book by it's cover...
    You reap what you sow...
    Karmas a bi***....

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

omg!!!! That is outrageous!! Not mention gross, unethnical and just plain stupid. Like they are rich enough. Friggen greed, it's gonna kill some innocent ppl, but I guess profit before people. I'm so glad it made it to the news!! Idiots.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's disgusting. I'll be watching closely at the meat counters wherever I go now.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

gosh thats so disgusting..hubby is gunna hate me.. im already not a big meat eater because i dont trust any meat....reading this sure didnt help lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

almost makes you want to become a vegetarian

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I found this site where there are list of farm producers in BC.
    http://www.bcfarmfresh.com/
    I plan to check few of them out.
    Big chain grocery stores are not the place I want to shop for meat for sure.. Have you seen the documentary "Food Inc."??
    Last edited by tinaros; Wed, Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: forgot the link to the site :D
    Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This is disgusting! I have crazy OCD when it comes to expiry dates on breads and meat, I have an allergy to mold and I have always been ontop of it. But to think that something I just bought could have expired yesterday just grosses me right out! I could potentially die!!! I am so glad my husband buys our meat from the butcher and that we buy our bread from McGavins (Not always the best but they freeze well). Gross.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ewww that's awful! I try not to buy meat at RCSS because most of the stuff always looks a little funky. I usually stick to Organza (local organic place), or Sobeys. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to be on the lookout.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work for superstore. The current supervisor of the store in the video worked with me in a different store before she became a supervisor for that store. Our supervisor at the time got fired for almost the exact reason. I would have thought she would have learned her lesson from that.

Anyways, I don't do that and I report people who do. I wish that they installed cameras in each department so we can watch all the time so we can catch the immoral ers who do this .

When will they learn that repackaging over throwing stuff away makes you lose more money. Sure when you throw something away you lose money but you lose a lot more when you sell bad product and that person NEVER comes back. Morons

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Interesting.

I watched the other day at my store... they took off some deli salads from the front... not sure what happened... but I will pay attention next time...

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i don't buy fish at superstore. i was at superstore tonite for some yogurt. I always check the expiry date. I wanted source 16 pack and there were some that have expiry date of Dec 20, 2010

if you think about it - some ppl take their fresh meats to the till then change their mind what does the cashier do? the cashier put the fresh meats under or behind the counter. Then another employee comes around who knows how often to pick up the stuff and restock the shelves.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It was weird, today in the staff room at work everyone was talking about how on Wednesday (day before all the students went back to school) they had gone shopping and 95% of the meat out was looking funny, or close to expiring.
    Want to earn free Gift Cards? It's as easy as a few searches and clicks! I've received $70 in 3 months for doing what I normally do on the computer Come on over to Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/chronosfire86

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information