User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can we talk car seats?

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

What one do you use?

We have a Safety 1st Complete Air in our car, and we bought a Safety 1st Enspira for grandparents car. I can't be happier with my Complete Air but the Enspira was a DISASTER that was promptly returned and we picked up another Complete Air for grandparents car.

What do you have?

(I'm kinda obsessed with carseats)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'll be interested to see what others have to say. I am pregnant with baby #1 and planning on getting a stroller with a snap in car seat. My mom had one of these with her last child and said she wished she had bought one sooner.
    ashl3y likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

IMO, it is a must have! That's what we had up until about a month and a half ago, and it was nice. I'd hate to have to wake my newborn to take them out of the car. It's not so bad now that she's older but the travel systems are nice for the younger months. We had the Chicco Keyfit car seat & stroller.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashl3y View Post
    What one do you use?

We have a Safety 1st Complete Air in our car, and we bought a Safety 1st Enspira for grandparents car. I can't be happier with my Complete Air but the Enspira was a DISASTER that was promptly returned and we picked up another Complete Air for grandparents car.

What do you have?

(I'm kinda obsessed with carseats)
    What was so disastrous?

Looking back, I wouldn't have bothered with the travel system. My DS only fit into that little seat for about four months. We had a Graco system, which I would not recommend, the wheels on the stroller fell off more than once!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We have the Safety 1st Alpha Omega, and love it! It converts to a booster seat, but still remains a forward facing seat for a toddler until like 65lbs or something...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    We have the Safety 1st Alpha Omega, and love it! It converts to a booster seat, but still remains a forward facing seat for a toddler until like 65lbs or something...
    We had an Eddie Bauer seat that converted to a booster, but we didn't get as much mileage out of that as we'd hoped. He outgrew it by height before he reached the maximum weight.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    What was so disastrous?

Looking back, I wouldn't have bothered with the travel system. My DS only fit into that little seat for about four months. We had a Graco system, which I would not recommend, the wheels on the stroller fell off more than once!
    The install. I'd like to think I'm fairly good at installing them but after 45 minutes I gave up. I came inside and really looked at the seat as well as the manual and I could not figure out why it wasn't going in because i did everything that it told me to do. Finally I looked at the "flap" that was supposed to go down for rear facing and realized one side had one bolt and the other side had two. I called in and they told me that it was a mistake - that both sides should only have one, and the second bolt on the other side was preventing it from going down which basically made the seat useless.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

everything I bought for my son were recalled.. bed to stroller to car seat (i had safety first), lots of expensive toys etc..then the booster seat number one was recalled too (eddie bauer)..now i have safety first complete air and i'm so happy and satisfied, but I wouldnt use it for a baby eventhough it can be used//i prefer travel system for babies..

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danielzmom View Post
    everything I bought for my son were recalled.. bed to stroller to car seat (i had safety first), lots of expensive toys etc..then the booster seat number one was recalled too (eddie bauer)..now i have safety first complete air and i'm so happy and satisfied, but I wouldnt use it for a baby eventhough it can be used//i prefer travel system for babies..
    Oh no!

I absolutely agree - I wouldn't use a Complete Air for a newborn/young baby! Technically the box says you can, but I do NOT see how! We put my DD in this when she was I believe 8 months, and she was on the lowest height setting - and seeing how she's in the 90th percentile for height and 70th for weight, I do not see how a newborn could fit in this seat. Shame, because I LOVE it otherwise.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We bought the Graco travel system that came with the snugride 32 which was good to 32lbs and 32". We used it for the first 18 months and she never exceeded the weight requirements. We ened up buying the Graco nautilus for a forward facing seat and have been happy with it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    We bought the Graco travel system that came with the snugride 32 which was good to 32lbs and 32". We used it for the first 18 months and she never exceeded the weight requirements. We ened up buying the Graco nautilus for a forward facing seat and have been happy with it.
    I think the little rear-facing seat that came with our travel system was good up to 20 pounds or something. My DS was over 21 pounds at four months old. But I guess that's not normal for every baby!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    I love the Nautilus. Such a good deal on it right now too! I really want to buy one but it's only a forward-facing seat and my daughter is only 10 months and I'm hoping to keep her rear facing until 4 years so no point in buying one now

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

we bought the graco snugride one from sears for dd1 (stroller and car seat came on for $250 i think), then when i had dd2 we bought the exact same car seat - loved it! (had to buy it a for dd2 since dh got in a car accident and the car seat was kaputzed)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Both girls were in a Graco bucket seat until about 10 months old. Thankfully we had purchased one with a higher weight limit as we have big babies! ODD was RF in an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 and a Graco MyRide until she was 37 months old. Now we have a Britax Frontier in each vehicle for her and YDD got the 3 in 1 and MyRide seats. She'll stay in them until she hits the RF weight limit (provided they don't expire before then) and then will likely get her Frontiers or whatever equivalent is out at that time. Just bought a Safety First Complete Air for each of them for daycare.

Oh, and to ashl3y, I'm a little carseat obsessed too so I completely understand!
    Last edited by sarajen; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
    ashl3y likes this.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajen View Post
    Both girls were in a Graco bucket seat until about 10 months old. Thankfully we had purchased one with a higher weight limit as we have big babies! ODD was RF in an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 and a Graco MyRide until she was 37 months old. Now we have a Britax Frontier in each vehicle for her and YDD got the 3 in 1 and MyRide seats. She'll stay in them until she hits the RF weight limit (provided they don't expire before then) and then will likely get her Frontiers or whatever equivalent is out at that time. Just bought a Safety First Complete Air for each of them for daycare.

Oh, and to ashl3y, I'm a little carseat obsessed too so I completely understand!
    HOORAY! Finally someone can understand me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information