User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ODSP - I've had to apply.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so what if its been years since you worked and your injury your applying for the disability is for was caused by that job and you haven't been able to work since due to it. how do you get your dr to understand that. can you still apply for CPP-D even if you didn't work for long before the injury. should you include a letter from yourself with your application describing how your injury affects your daily life or let your dr. do that.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I get CPP from my father being disabled, but I can't apply for that personally because I've never worked a day in my life (too sick to work). I'm vying for welfare 'cause I can't afford food at the moment.

I wish the rent was worth more for ODSP because there is NOWHERE here that rents a single room for less than $600 a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Thank you so much everyone All the information has been very helpful. I'm under so much stress right now, which in turn causes my seizures. I just don't think ODSP forms are set up for people with a mental or neurologiacal disability so much as a physical. But I have my bad days where I can not leave the house or even walk down the street. But here's hoping something will come from this.

Much love, April.
    I completely disagree about having difficulties with filling out the form for the mental or neurological disability. Part of my disability forms were mental (eating disorder, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder) and I found them incredibly easy to fill out. They had many examples in the forms back in September that were about people with just simple depression filling it out and having no physical disability whatsoever. Did you follow the examples on what to write?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jul 20th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thank so much lecale. You've gave me a ton of information! This is all helping me so much

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    I get CPP from my father being disabled, but I can't apply for that personally because I've never worked a day in my life (too sick to work). I'm vying for welfare 'cause I can't afford food at the moment.

I wish the rent was worth more for ODSP because there is NOWHERE here that rents a single room for less than $600 a month...

I completely disagree about having difficulties with filling out the form for the mental or neurological disability. Part of my disability forms were mental (eating disorder, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder) and I found them incredibly easy to fill out. They had many examples in the forms back in September that were about people with just simple depression filling it out and having no physical disability whatsoever. Did you follow the examples on what to write?

Hmm, well I found it to be difficult. Perhaps it's more on the side to do with my Epilepsy. It's a very complicated case for me and to be honest wording it all out and the forms I just either sound absoultely insane or I make no sense at all.

Talk about stressful.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am totally against the ODSP program ruined by the government. People always get ty service. Things have to change.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Are you sure you don't mean Ontario Works? ODSP is for folks who are not able to work for a variety of health reasons.

Up until the mid 90s, here in Ontario the 2 were more or less the same. Love him or hate him, the one good thing Mike Harris did was separate the 2 (it makes no sense for someone who is not working because they are unable to find a job to have the same level of medical coverage as someone with a disability).

Oh & for the record, I'm on ODSP & I do have basic cable, but only because my folks spend a lot of time here & my father would go stir crazy if he couldn't watch the news. If they didn't pay for it ($30/month ish), I would never be able to afford it.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The ODSP system really sucks. Same for trying to get the Disability Tax Credit. I have been told that I cannot get ODSP because my neck and shoulder just aren't messed up enough. (car accident 9 years ago that left me with a whiplash injury that will never heal) Yet three different doctors have told me I cannot work. ODSP claim that I can still do certain jobs.

However my son was approved for ACSD which is the children's form of ODSP and it took a year from when we first applied. But we were turned down for the tax credit. Go figure! They are trying to say that a child with a developmental disability and is some what high functioning is not disabled enough. This is a child who at the age of 13 cannot function past the level of a 10 year old and in school is only at a grade 2 level of learning!!!! I'm now finding another doctor to help fill out the forms better since his ped really didn't know what she was doing and contradicted herself on the forms.

And to think we have to go through the ODSP process in just 5 short years when he turns 18. Not looking forward to it.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've been denied twice now This is getting stupid. I am at my wits end. I cant work and yet they deny me, if I could work I would be. Have to fight it with a lawyer now
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Hmm, well I found it to be difficult. Perhaps it's more on the side to do with my Epilepsy. It's a very complicated case for me and to be honest wording it all out and the forms I just either sound absoultely insane or I make no sense at all.

Talk about stressful.
    Yes, I can see getting the wording to be an issue. You should see a social worker about it, they should be able to help and take the stress off of you for that.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I've been denied twice now This is getting stupid. I am at my wits end. I cant work and yet they deny me, if I could work I would be. Have to fight it with a lawyer now
    Don't give up! My mom's one friend was turned down 38 times before she got accepted. They want you to give up so they don't have to pay!

If you don't want to pay for a lawyer, contact your local MP. That's what they're there for.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have no advice April, but I just wanted to offer hugs. I'm here anytime you want to talk.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    Don't give up! My mom's one friend was turned down 38 times before she got accepted. They want you to give up so they don't have to pay!

If you don't want to pay for a lawyer, contact your local MP. That's what they're there for.

Oh my god! That's ridiculous!! Sheesh, how do they expect to people to survive.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I have no advice April, but I just wanted to offer hugs. I'm here anytime you want to talk.

Thanks Sally Means a lot.
    Sally888 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information