User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anyone interested in a "Rant" section?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey all! I recently posted the following under the "Site Related Posts:

I'm aware that Smart Canucks has a "Brag" forum.....which I read frequently and post on.....but I also see that we're not technically supposed to post rants, coupon "fails", problems we've had etc etc. I'm wondering why we might not be able to have a section for that? I personally enjoy reading them......I mean I don't enjoy the posters bad experience, but it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who's had issues with cashiers, coupon use etc etc.
    I don't think the majority of posters write things in a mean spirited way with name calling or anything like that. For example, I recently made a post about the HALLS for $.10 coupon and how the cashier only rang it in as a $.10 discount.....and I reminded everyone to watch the screens while they're using up their coupons before the end of March. I fully agree that nothing involving swearing, name calling, rudeness and whatnot should be posted....but some days it's just nice to have a place where I can vent about a bad experience and see what other people are dealing with and how they've handled it.

Boo suggested that we might be able to have a "Rant" section if there was enough interest and put a poll together. Please feel free to vote!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/284287-...ection-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    momof3heathens, RedEng and MamaF like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

In the game room there are threads for DH/DW pissed me off or things that irritate me - but yes I do like a good rant once and a while.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

posted by Boo:

Maybe we can introduce a "Rant" section if there's enough interest?

Let me start a poll to see if there's enough interest. Get the people in the brag section to vote
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/284287-...ection-canada/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I would love this. I always hold back the rants because the brags forum is positive. Would be nice to have a place to post it so people can learn locations to avoid or problems with deals

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Isn't the tea room for that?
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    Isn't the tea room for that?
    not really since they always move the threads from the tea room... there was a rant thread about something and the mods moved it to shopping discussion.

I thought the place to rant was in the shopping discussion area?
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I would say NO!!! Sorry to not agree with you guys - IMO it is just going to open a can of worms for negative feedback or negativity towards other members and that is not what smart canucks is about

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would be up for a rant area where anything goes.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

On another couponing website they have a "rant" section. Despite what you'd assume it's decidedly NOT negative! The discussions from each rant are really interested to read. It is similar to the shopping discussion area, but way, way, way more in depth.

That and come on people, this is the internet! You can't be babied and protected from "negativity" everywhere you go. This isn't kindergarten and you don't need someone to hold your hand to spare you such awful experiences.

If you don't want to read rants because negativity makes you upset or whatever reason (people fighting, blah, blah, blah)... then don't.

I would LOVE a place where we can actually rant. There's the "negative coupon trade" thread -- I'd like something similar to that where we don't have to be so darn PG-13 when describing a bad experience!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Into every set of shopping experiences is positive and negative.
    Having a specific area to vent about the real life negative issues and potentially getting solutions would be fabulous.

For those who would prefer to never read about a negative experience, please avoid this new useful discussion area.

To the administrators: Please mark this new thread area really well as a RANT SECTION to assist those who would prefer not to visit.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    On another couponing website they have a "rant" section. Despite what you'd assume it's decidedly NOT negative! The discussions from each rant are really interested to read. It is similar to the shopping discussion area, but way, way, way more in depth.

That and come on people, this is the internet! You can't be babied and protected from "negativity" everywhere you go. This isn't kindergarten and you don't need someone to hold your hand to spare you such awful experiences.

If you don't want to read rants because negativity makes you upset or whatever reason (people fighting, blah, blah, blah)... then don't.

I would LOVE a place where we can actually rant. There's the "negative coupon trade" thread -- I'd like something similar to that where we don't have to be so darn PG-13 when describing a bad experience!
    Interesting take on the rant thread but not very complimentary to those who say we don't need one. I'm not interested in a rant thread, but it's not because I would 'get upset' or 'need to be babied' or 'protected from negativity'. We all choose where we put our energies in life and what we fill our minds with. For me, life's too short for ranting...

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Interesting take on the rant thread but not very complimentary to those who say we don't need one. I'm not interested in a rant thread, but it's not because I would 'get upset' or 'need to be babied' or 'protected from negativity'. We all choose where we put our energies in life and what we fill our minds with. For me, life's too short for ranting...
    I wasn't referring to you, but if you're upset then I'm sorry you felt you had to be.

Really, this is the internet. Not real life. The internet is a cesspool of negativity and it's wonderful. That's why most sites reference places like 4Chan and what not.

If you don't want negativity, don't go on the internet... plain and simple.
    Last edited by Kyeste; Fri, Mar 30th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am not upset in the least. The question of whether or not people wanted a rant section was asked in the first post. Some do, some don't. I don't see either side as being right or wrong...just commenting on painting those who don't with one wide brush-stroke. I'm quite sure that those who don't want to read the rants will quite happily avoid the 'rant section' and those who do want to read them will quite happily visit it.
    Peachykeen2007 and K8's Fate like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

i agree with dianne, both sides have valid points. i can see why they have thus far avoided it, and i can see why people want this....personally, i am happy here, and want to keep it that way, but it would be my choice to not click on that thread....
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information