• 5 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By 2010ontest
  • 1 Post By carlyincanada

Thread: Saputo Dairy Products FPC

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I will post this here as an FYI thing. This is the second time this has happened to me. The Armstrong Cheese bars go on sale many times, the last time I bought a few at NF near the middle of March for $4.44 at Morningside and Kingston Rd. The expiry dates were all October 2012
    I just placed them in my meat keeper drawer area.
    Then I went in there last week and one of the cheddar bars is all green and blue ( yucko). Package is unopened, yet it has spoiled?
    I knew right away after finding the corresponding receipt that it was useless to go back to the store for a replacement or refund. The last time this happened NF refused compensating me saying that they allow only 14 days from the date of purchase for exchanges, etc.
    They also insinuated that I had tampered with the package somehow making the cheese go bad.
    ( idiots)

So I called Saputo Dairy to complain, and they asked me which store, and purchase date, and I read all the info on the 500g bar of cheese to the sales rep, then she mailed me an FPC for another bar of Armstrong Cheese! I got that FPC within a week or so. No fuss, no muss.

This time I did the same thing, called Saputo and I think that NF location had better check with their employees on how they are opening these boxes with the bars of cheese in them. The Saputo CS person thinks they are nicking the plastic packaging when they slice the boxes open, and once air gets in it spoils.
    I got my FPC today, but what was kind of funny about this was the Certificate has my name on it, and says clearly that it is valid for one ( 1) Armstrong Cheese ( 500 g ) , but off to the right it says

Cashier: Please insert full price here,
    Not to exceed the maximum value of $25.00

Holy moly I really did get a great sale @ $4.44 if the highest price for a 500 g bar is $25.00

This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Wow, now that's an expensive chunk of cheese! I'm happy to hear that the manufacturer is good about send you a replacement fpc though.
    walkonby likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I had the same thing happen to me but with a 300g bar. was all moldy by the time I went to use it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

This happened to me too but it was on a weekend so I emailed. They responded a month later but I had thrown my cheese out by then. I coincindentally bought my 500g bar at a NF too. I was told there was either a small hole in the packaging where air leaked or improper quality control with the grocery store for the cheese to have gone moldy with the expiry on the cheese being in June.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I already received that kind of FPC too from saputo!
    walkonby likes this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow! Great you got the fpc's....but lord help us if cheese goes up to $25 lol
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information