User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Income tax refund, what did you do with yours?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, when you get to be retired on a pension, you can share it with your spouse which lowers our tax rate. Unfortunately we always have high medical costs - so we are getting back this year. Will go towards a travel fund. Since our medical costs are so high, we've been audited 3 times out of the last 4 years - so I'm expecting it again this year. But, every time, I've found a few more receipts or deductions and they've had to pay us back MORE. It's a giant PITA though!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had to dig this thread back up. I'll share my secret with you all.... I was a terrible person, and put my taxes off until 1030pm last night. (Actually i gave the paperwork to my mom and she did them...but it took that long!)... I was TERRIFIED that we'd owe, cuz the bf is self employed and we always wonder if we deducted it right all year... anyway... we got a refund!!! I'm SOOOOOO relieved! Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I came here for inspiration. The options include: debt payment, RRSP contribution, a cpl little things around the house that need replacing (under $100 total), and a fence. I REALLY want a fence, it woudl make life sooo much easier with the dogs and everything. but the rational side of me says i'll probably do a little of each of those things (which means we won't have enough for a fence yet...have to keep saving). Either way, just wanted to share my excitement with a rebate!!! Yay!!
    jayne_a likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Mine is still in savings. I put it towards my goal for Sept I haven't touched it yet and don't plan on it! I'm determined!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information