User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: What does the Easter Bunny bring for your kids?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Sounds like many are like me on here, I probably spent about $9. But I still think that DS is going to hear of all the loot from his friends at school tomorrow and think the Easter Bunny doesn't like him or something!

Some day he'll understand - I'm thinking it will be around when he's going to university and has an RESP to pay for it, while those schoolmates with all the extra loot have huge student loans!
    glowworm2k and erin9mmm like this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I get them some clothes and then some toys. My oldest got a $60 ps3 game he wanted and a small toy. My youngest got some cars, lego and new shoes. As a child I always got an outfit and a toy and candy. I guess I spent about $100 on each.

I don't buy them much chocolate, some eggs to find and some kinders, their grandmas seem to go overboard on candy lol!

Anyways I dont think anyone should be judging how much or when I spend MY money on MY kids.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My wife (26 years old) got an iPad 3rd Gen from the "Easter Bunny" this year LOL.
    Natalka likes this.
    Matt

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kanewtz View Post
    My wife (26 years old) got an iPad 3rd Gen from the "Easter Bunny" this year LOL.
    Well, that just rocks! What a lucky woman she is!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

For easter my kids got a pair of pj's ($1), a Easter themed cup($1.99) and a plastic egg hunt. The eggs were filled with raisins, pretzels and teddy grahams. They got chocolate at their aunts house.
    Natalka, erin9mmm and Speckled28 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RSAS View Post
    For easter my kids got a pair of pj's ($1), a Easter themed cup($1.99) and a plastic egg hunt. The eggs were filled with raisins, pretzels and teddy grahams. They got chocolate at their aunts house.
    A healthy take on Easter! Nicely done! Though when I was young (and even now) I'd probably pretend I didn't find the ones with the raisins in them! LOL I LOVE grapes.......and absolutely HATE raisins! lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's different.
    We don't usually have lots of treats on hand normally (I even make substitutions in cookie recipes like spelt flout etc) so during the chocolate season (Christmas, Valentines, Easter) I let them go nuts.

Great buy on P.Js! Where did you find that?
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    A healthy take on Easter! Nicely done! Though when I was young (and even now) I'd probably pretend I didn't find the ones with the raisins in them! LOL I LOVE grapes.......and absolutely HATE raisins! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    That's different.
    We don't usually have lots of treats on hand normally (I even make substitutions in cookie recipes like spelt flout etc) so during the chocolate season (Christmas, Valentines, Easter) I let them go nuts.

Great buy on P.Js! Where did you find that?
    Thanks We don't have junky food in our house...if there is, I eat it... So it should just stay at the store. lol. Besides, all the junky sugary stuff really affects the mood and behavior of my oldest, so we try to keep that at a minimum...I knew everyone else would have chocolate, so I figured I didn't need to add to it.

Got the pjs on clearance at Walmart. I was really excited to find those!
    erin9mmm likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Our Easters did include gifts. There would be a new outfit for spring/church (all the rest of our clothes were normally hand-me-downs from Mom's friends' kids), an outdoor toy (skipping rope, new ball, jacks, etc.), and a white chocolate bunny for me and a regular one for my sister. I have an allergy with chocolate (makes me turn fire engine red, get a headache and digestive problems), so there would be only a few Easter eggs hidden - just for the fun of the hunt; I would give any candy I found to my parents. The weekend was more about church - Good Friday and Easter Sunday and sometimes another Easter music service.

I do remember going to my grandparents' one year on Easter Sunday. They loved to spoil us, so Grandma gave me chocolate... I remember the day well because I was carsick for the entire 3h car ride home ...needless to say my potential future offspring will likely not get much candy from me
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We don't have junky food in our house...if there is, I eat it...
    lol, me too!
    AmberLab likes this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Sounds like many are like me on here, I probably spent about $9. But I still think that DS is going to hear of all the loot from his friends at school tomorrow and think the Easter Bunny doesn't like him or something!

Some day he'll understand - I'm thinking it will be around when he's going to university and has an RESP to pay for it, while those schoolmates with all the extra loot have huge student loans!
    Very good point! I think one of the reasons that I've had a relatively "easy" time of things so far in my adult life is expectation management. I wasn't used to receiving tons of gifts, lots of "extras" or trips and things that I saw my friends getting. When you're used to doing without, making do becomes so much easier! Sure, I was jealous of some of the stuff they got and did at the time, but did it adversely affect me in the long-term? Nope.

Mom probably spent about $25 on each of us at Easter, mainly because of the new outfit... which would be our only brand new clothing until school started again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was a kid we would get a few small toys, an outfit and some chocolates and small candies. What I do remember the most was the year my mom hid everything! We woke up to only empty baskets sitting on the table with a note saying we had to follow the hot/cold clues. (each clue either had mine or my sister's name on it) We must of spent a good 2 hours looking for everything that year. To this day my mom still gives me something small for Easter. I always hold dinner here and this year I got a pretty plant.

My kids know EB doesn't give much for Easter. In the past they got more but this year it was smaller. (lack of funds)
    DD got. Tinkerbell snowglobe, Mickey Mouse flip flops, couple of chocolate bunny's, and some smaller candies.
    DS1 got a book on learning to draw Mickey and his pals, Mickey travel mug, couple of bunny's, and a few packs of treats. (he has braces and can't eat most treats so he got an extra toy.
    DS2 got a Mickey pal, sidewalk chalk, 3 small glider airplanes, couple of bunny's and treats.
    Oh and all three kids got Mickey Mouse shaped crazy straws.

EB aka me. Went for the Mickey theme this year since my mom took me to Disney just a few weeks ago for my Christmas/Birthday gift. Including the Disney items I don't think I spent more than $20 on each kid.
    AmberLab likes this.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information