User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am going to start transitioning my baby from the bottle to either a sippy cup or straw and cup. There are many reviews for all types, so I was wondering what you did and what worked for you.

thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When DS was one and after breastfeeding, I used to a combination of sippy cup and cup. Sippy cup most of the time so he could learn to drink by himself and cup less often, so he could get used to it. After about six months, he was able to drink from a cup by himself. Around that time, we bought a big sippy cup for travelling, with a straw integrated in it. That's when he started to learn how to use it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've had a lot of luck with the Playtex brand sippy's. They have a valve in them that you have to remember to pull out and clean but they are leak proof (not all spill proof sippy's are actually leak proof too). With DS1 we introduced a sippy cup with a spout first so he could drink on his own (around one year old). We tried moving to a sippy with a straw spout, but he just couldn't get the hang of it so we stuck with the sippy and bought ones with smaller and smaller spouts.

With DS2 we have tried everything to get him off the bottle! He CAN use a sippy, but will generally go on strike and only drink a couple of ounces of fluid over the course of an entire day if we try to take away the bottle. I'm trying to convince myself he won't go to kindergarten with a bottle....
    nothingfancy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have used a combination of Sippy Cup/Straw Cup. My 3 yr old can drink from a cup but I only pour small quanties at a time. My 2 yr old I don't trust with a cup yet. He is way too excited over food I am sure he will spill for sure!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you are going to have to try a few types and brands to see which one your child likes best. If you can't supervise them 100% while they are drinking from a cup, then those leak-proof ones would be your best bet...my children didn't like them though.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i went with the cheap-o NUBY brand ones from walmart. my son loves them, they are essentially leakproof and cheap to replace (about $2 each)
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

While I liked the Playtex double-handled cups for starting out, those cheap Nuby/Parents' Choice/Baby Life ones with the plastic valve are really good (and pretty easy to clean)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the comments. I ended up getting a sassy grow up cup. My son took to it right away.

Thread Information