User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: who is taking all the tear pads??????

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow i went around to shoppers tonight-to get milk and a few lean cusines for work 1.99 they were-some people were stating sahoppers had new tear pads -well i got 3- 1.00 treseeme shampoo -pad was all but ripped off -no dove for men gone-was another empty pad -come on people it wasnt like this last year-just a rant -oh well guess i have to trade for all my coupons now or jump on a few trains
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Shoppers Drug Mart
    KK7, hollyquaiscer and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That's a bummer. Someone does this around my town too. It's crazy to me, I once witnessed someone take the entire rest of the coupons off the tear pad - there must have been 30! I thought the whole point of couponing was to leave some for everyone! Oh well, I guess right? Oh well.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This happens in my area as well (Hamilton), very hard to find new coupons because the pads are empty or completely missing. I believe people saw the show extreme couponers and just grab as many as they can to be an "extreme couponer" as well. Which in reality I bet the majority of those coupons are going in the garbage because the person cannot use them all within the expiring date, and it sucks for us because we couldn't get them. I think people who know about couponing, know better and take the amount they can use (a couple, leaving some for other couponers) not some newbies who can get selfish and take them all to try to get AMERICAN savings they see on TV which will not likely happen (totally not dissing newbies because some newbies educate themselves and know what they are doing )

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I absolutely HATE when people do this. The food coupons I really need are always taken away. A while back, when I was at Superstore I took two coupons from a pad (the Free ice cream ones WUB cereal), and a lady behind me took the whole thing down and went out the store! I hope people stop taking hundreds of coupons to trade/sell.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Unfortunately it seems to be a sign of the times. I keep hoping that one day things will change, but I'm not holding my breath at all. It seems these days, coupon etiquette and peoples manners have gone out the window.
    Patty Smyth, kool_105, KK7 and 2 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

agreed (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Unfortunately it seems to be a sign of the times. I keep hoping that one day things will change, but I'm not holding my breath at all. It seems these days, coupon etiquette and peoples manners have gone out the window.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

this happens in kam. area as well, tear pads are put out within two days there all gone. come on who the hec needs over 30 tearpads, this is so frustrating,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherry29 View Post
    agreed (unfortunately).
    Agreement here too. Today I found a very sought after coupon and I will not post it because I know as soon as I do someone would rush to the store and take them all. I did take 6 total and 4 of them are about to be mailed off for two other SCers.
    Patty Smyth, kool_105, KK7 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

no one takes all the tear pads where I live. I can go to the store take a couple coupons off a tear pad..and there is ALWAYS lots around, and then go back to the store a week or so later and there will STILL be coupons on that pad!!!
    and not just one store! all the stores! I can think of 4 right now that are all walking distance from my house that I can go and I know those coupons will be there...its nice I dont have to fight with greedy people for coupons!!

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmorDeRosa View Post
    This happens in my area as well (Hamilton), very hard to find new coupons because the pads are empty or completely missing. I believe people saw the show extreme couponers and just grab as many as they can to be an "extreme couponer" as well. Which in reality I bet the majority of those coupons are going in the garbage because the person cannot use them all within the expiring date, and it sucks for us because we couldn't get them. I think people who know about couponing, know better and take the amount they can use (a couple, leaving some for other couponers) not some newbies who can get selfish and take them all to try to get AMERICAN savings they see on TV which will not likely happen (totally not dissing newbies because some newbies educate themselves and know what they are doing )

Most newbies like myself rarely know where to find tear pads; unless we read it on this site. I am willing to bet its not newbies. If you go look on ebay there is like 30+ pages of tearpad/insert coupons for sale; and as well a lot of people on this site trade multiples+ for coupons and some gift cards/stamps, etc. As a newbie I would love for just one time to go to a store and find a good coupon, there is never any in my area, the tear pads are always empty. It is so disappointing.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I only use coupons for a small handful of products, and almost never find more than empty cardboard where the tearpads once were. The odd time I'll get lucky, but it's rare. Case in point: remember the Smucker's Jam coupons that were out last fall (a coupon on top and a big picture of jam jars on a perforated card below)? I thought I had found a bunch of them at one grocery store here and had wanted 1 or 2, but someone had gone and taken all the coupons, leaving the large bottom part with the pictures of the jars. There were about 40 of these bottom pieces left in the holder - and they stayed there for about 3 weeks to silently mock me when jam went on sale a few weeks later

^^ Yes, I know that the world doesn't revolve around me and this was not a conspiracy to piss me off, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt this way!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

think this depends on locations. I have found a great Metro where tearpads seem to stay for weeks and weeks because no one takes them off. I have so many Quaker/Trop50 coupons because they kept the 4 tearpads up for 2 months in 2 different locations in the store. That store is low traffic so is always fully stock with everything, so we've never needed a raincheck. It's amazing. It's hard to get there, but worth the trip. It is staying my secret lol
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Here, it depends on the store. Some stores are always completely empty, some not. Frustrating for sure, but I know I can come on here and trade for the ones I really want

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I have seen this in my stores too, but I can't say it is one person taking them all. Yesterday I saw 3 empty tear pads in my town. Now it seems like one store I go to hides them a bit.
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

When I first started couponing, I was very excited to realize there were tear pads to be found in stores, but now, I don't dream anymore, because I'm not able to find anything useful at all, if I do find something, it's the ones no one wants, so I have to do trains, trades to get the ones I want.
    Last edited by babyluck; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
    shiningmoon likes this.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information