User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By slayer_glade
  • 1 Post By Speckled28
  • 1 Post By MommyMelanie2007

Thread: Horrible shopping trip :update

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

yesterday I went shopping. first i went to penningtons to buy some clothes, while there, i was met by a very rude sales lady who insulted me for the clothes i was trying on. Made a comment about how i look like someone who just likes to spend money, and then said she'd prefer if i shop elsewhere!!! The only thing i ever said to this woman is, "do you have these jeans in a 20" I couldn't believe how rude she was. I did leave and bought jeans from another store then I wrote a letter to the head office about this woman. I could go into alot more details about this but I don't want to upset myself again.

next i went shopping at my local grocery store to get some babybel cheese that is on sale, with the new coupon. well I decided to eat one. it tasted funny so i had a closer look, and it was moldy. There was a thick layer of mold on the wax. GROSS! So i wrote an email to them too.

It was just a horrible day shopping yesterday. I hope today goes better, as I'm feeling very discouraged, after everything that happened.
    Thanks for letting me rant.

Update: So I got a call from the district manager of Penningtons, who apologized to me. I'm still not sure if i want to shop there any more. But I'm happy I did get an apology.
    This thread is currently associated with: Penningtons
    Last edited by jayne_a; Fri, Apr 20th, 2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

That sucks! I've wondered how much training those people have gotten before, too. I've been in horrible ones. Then I was in one and they were nice. I went to use the bathroom and it was the most disgusting bathroom I've ever seen! Guess they were busy being nice

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sometimes moldy cheese is because of the store and not the company.

Actually, not only the store, but also lazy customers who can't be bothered to put stuff back where they took it. They might have not realized how long it was out. I once saw a pack of yogurt on the highest shelf by the cashes. Seriously? Argh.

That woman at the clothing store was absolutely horrible. How does she have a job? O_O

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experience! I'd definitely be complaining about the sales lady! That's ridiculous!

I agree with the above post about it sometimes being the store regarding bad products though. Last month we bought a pack of bacon at our local grocery store and put it in the fridge. Opened it 5 days later and immediately gagged on the smell. It had gone bad......really really bad.....like open all the windows because your house smells like rotting meat bad, lol. Thankfully we still had the receipt so we just wrapped it up and returned it for a new, non rotting pack, lol. The store was great about it.....no questions. They didn't even look inside the bag once my mom mentioned what was in it, lol.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

why would the sales person care if you wanted to spend money? Wouldn't she be happy for you to spend money at her store? I am glad you spent your money some where else.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyMelanie2007 View Post
    why would the sales person care if you wanted to spend money? Wouldn't she be happy for you to spend money at her store? I am glad you spent your money some where else.
    I agree with Melanie..the staff at these stores don't get commission but they have to try to meet a daily sales quota.. maybe she was having a nervous breakdown.. something is amiss
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I too am very sorry you had such a horrible day. Sometimes salespeople don't realize the effect they have on their customers. This person should have called in sick that day and stayed in bed. I hope you get a response from the store manager, this persons needs to be reprimanded!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio31 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    Who ARE all these people who come in and post that???!!! And what's the point? I mean I know they're spamming......but spamming what? There's no link or anything. lol

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That sucks! I hope you have a better day today.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Wow. I'd comment on the Moldy Cheese, but I'm still stuck on the sales person at Pennington's. I can't believe it. Here is a suggestion for next time...

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I worked for Penningtons part time when I was in highschool/college (about 10 years ago....wow feeling old, lol) and that woman would have been written up right away if a manager saw that...wow. And an above poster is correct, no comissions, but you do have a sales quota that you are expected to meet based on the amount of sales for the day. Although 90% of the time when I worked there there were only 1-3 employees on the floor so it was easily met.

Yes, you are supposed to be honest with the customers if something does not fit right, but NEVER critisize their style choice. Not everyone likes the same styles. Make suggestions sure, but never do what that woman did to you. So sorry you had to go through that, clothing shopping can be a pain in the butt as is being plus size, no need to have a mean employee.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

lol

Customer: "Do you have these in size X?"

Saleslady: "Well, it's obvious you just want to spend money. Those things clearly go together when you ask me about the size. You are in a store, afterall, but we don't want money from people who just like spending money. You should take that money somewhere else. I know I have quotas to fill and everything, but I remind you that your money is not welcome here because you just like spending. We only want money from people who hate spending it. "

Lol some people need business school. Who refuses money with ridiculous comments?

Quote Originally Posted by MommyMelanie2007 View Post
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Apr 19th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry for your crappy experience. I would have asked to speak with the manager if I had a rude sales associate.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I feel sorry for you, what a nasty sales lady, hopefully you will get a response from store manager.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Glad to hear you received an apology, I can't believe a customer service rep (or whatever the employee is called that's supposed to be helping you find clothing) could be so rude... how dare you want to... wear jeans? Weird. Hope the cheese issue gets resolved for you as well!
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Thread Information