User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By glowworm2k
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: Infantile Spasms

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I don't have children but I was curious as to whether anyone here has had to deal with Infantile Spasms in their children? My best friends 10 month old has been having Severe Seizures which the Drs have pegged as Infantile Spasms, they will be doing an EEG and MRI on her. I do know it can be a severe form of Epilepsy in children but my fear of what I know is that it could be due to an Astrocytoma Brain Tumour in the right temporal lobe. So has anyone had to deal with this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Yikes! I can't offer any insight on the condition, but my thoughts will be with this little one; it's just so scary when you read about babies and young children with problems, especially when they're too young to tell you what's wrong or for you to help talk them through it. Hearing about the worst-case scenarios is also scary, as you can pray for the best, but just never know. Best wishes to you, your friend, and the little one!
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thanks glow worm. She was placed on a liquid anti convulsant, Sopril or something like that and she's being treated at a good childrens hospital but it's scary. It's sad when she's hoping it's "just" epilepsy rather than a brain tumour because it's more treatable. My g/f was with me when I went through this 18 months ago when I had my brain tumour removed so it's this weird deja vu thing happening right now with us and has us both freaked out. She sent me some video and her little girl will start convulsing and smack her head on a hard surface and not even cry. Poor thing.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't know anything about it, but my thoughts and prayers will be with this little one; so much for her to go through...
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Natalka, she and her Mommy could use all the prayers that could be spared right now.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I can't add much except to say sometimes Google is NOT your friend. Encourage your friend to stay off the internet and worrying about worse case scenarios. Sending good vibes to you and your friend.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did they happen to start soon after she received an immunization? I was reading a study last night about the DTaP vaccine that babies receive and one of the side effects of the vaccine was infantile spasms.

Thread Information