User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Safeway free Pantene 2in1 and Crest prohealth for .35 each

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the safeway at lougheed mall in Burnaby. They wouldn't accept the B1G1 coupon for pantene. The cashier said that you can't use B1G1 when it's already B1G1. She did let me use 3.00 off Ivory soap B1G1. I also called the safeway at south fraser way in abbotsford and they said no to B1G1 coupon on B1G1 items.
    Last edited by frugalnurse; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I doubt my Safeway would let me use the B1G1 coupons on a B1G1 sale. I tried using my FREE Sunlight coupons last month when the Sunlight was B1G1. They wouldn't let me use the FREE coupon on the one I was PAYING for stating the coupon says "not valid with any other offers". Our Safeway totally sucks! The rules change daily. Too bad for them......I spend a lot of my money elsewhere because of the coupon hassle they give me.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I was able to get the bogo on the pantene and windex. My issue was the cashier wouldn't let me use more than 1 coupon as it says one coupon per purchase for the pantene! I gave the "how many am I purchasing answer" and he said no it means 1 per bill... I didn't want to argue but did tell him I think it means 1 coupon per item purchased. I was purchasing 4. I also bought romaine lettuce at bogo $1.49 each. so 75cents for romaine (I eat it everyday for lunch), yeah! Also bought an apple pie for DH! that was half the bill!! OOP-$14.xx, apple pie $6.99!
    Also, cheekysaver, where did the $1 crest coupon come from? My P&G insert is for 75cents, so I passed. Thanks for the heads up on the great deals!!
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    when its b1g1 you have 2 products and then you use 2 b1g1 coupons on those two products that your getting and you would get 2 more for free because of the coupon making it 4 in total and you only really bought 1 out of the 4 . hope that makes sense to you
    You actually don't pay for any. The store is buy 1 get 1. So then you would pay for example $2 for the first one and the 2nd is free. But you will use a paper P&G coupon that is B1G1. So that coupon covers the $2. So you would get both for free. 1st one is free because the cashier will type in how much the Pantene is because of your paper P&G coupon and the computer will take off the second one free automatically. So both free just pay the tax.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    401 (100%)

the wording on the P&G coupon , if you read closely the "," commans and "OR" say ' buy any ONE pantene shampoo, conditioner OR 2 in 1 and get another pantene shampoo, conditioner OR 2 in 1 FREE' so its not just for the 2 in 1
    ღ ღ Coupons are my Money ღ ღ ღ ღ

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Safeways allows us to use coupons against a free club item... like against the crest.. we are allowed to use 2 coupons for 2 items. So ONLY because it is a card discount are we allowed to use a coupon against it.
    Here is the proof from further down in the policy:
    Coupon Stacking:
    Canada Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem more than one manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
    Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.

If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.

So only because it is taken off automaticly with the club card are we permitted to use a manufacture's coupon in conjunction. I sure hope that makes sence.

LOL i have windex already .... i guess i over looked it because i am fully stocked

Is a B0G0 FREE instore deal considered an electronic "coupon" though?
    If it is, do we just ignore coupon policy number 4 (you cannot use a coupon on a free item) ?

I get that it goes through on the system, but if we actually "asked" if this was allowed, I think they'd say no...
    especially if the coupons say one per customer as well.
    but to each their own for this one.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

OK here is how it works... it took some research so i can explain it... safeways tills see's the total items purchased and you don't give them your club card until the end.

When you ring in your pantene and 2 are on the bill both ring up on the till at a big total... so we are in fact being charged for 2... then we use the coupon and it takes off 1 pantene and the store looks at total number of items purchased when you ring in your card and takes off the second item making both free. The reason we get both free is because we initially get charged for BOTH items on our till tape and they are not free until we use the club card... That is in fact the perk of being a member and they get full rembursement for both items.

If the till tape gave a automatic discount to every person that walked in the store we would be trying to use a coupon on a free item. Instead the till rings up each and every item at full price and that makes our coupon use legitimate. The only place we should be running into trouble is when our coupons exceed the amount of the product and then it is company policy to reduce the coupon's value making the item free with no overage.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I see, well if it's been working for you guys, I think it's worth a try then! I just didn't want safeway to be out of money in the end but I think it makes sense. I think lol.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I'm always so nervous about trying out deals that are complex because itw such a pain having to explain it all but worth it in the en

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Imagine if we had to explain all this to the cashier! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! sometimes you explain the simplest of things to them like the "one per purchase" thing, and they just argue with you no matter what. That gets me thinking, op, how would we explain it to them in the simplest of ways if they try to tell us no?
    BUT i must say, I tried it out with the shampoo, and it worked. LOL. thanks.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I tried it with my friend and we both got 2 pantene and 2 windex and our total was .52 each!!! It was great. Thanks so much OP. I couldn't find the right coupon for the toothpaste however. My $1 ones were for clinical sensitivity and that wan't on sale. Maybe I used up the coupon you used though. I have bought a fair amount of travel size for donating recently.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't understand how you've seemed to get the shampoo for free.
    At my Safeway the pantene was $3.99 per bottle. Even if I got 4 bottles using 2 x B1G1 coupons, they would each cost $1.

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crAZy4dEAls View Post
    At my Safeway the pantene was $3.99 per bottle. Even if I got 4 bottles using 2 x B1G1 coupons, they would each cost $1.
    How would that be?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crAZy4dEAls View Post
    Take two bottles to the till. Scan them. Hand over the insert BOGO coupon - off comes the price of one. Finally quote club card - off comes price of the other one. You pay just the taxes. Don't confuse the clerk by asking about how this works.

Here's a crazy combo that should work by combining Safeway offers and a mfg coupon(s):

Pickup 4 Bags of Old Dutch, 2 x 2L Coca-Cola Products and 2 M&M stand up pouches. Then apply club card and hand in one coupon. (Maybe use $1 off Old Dutch coupons too to cut cost to $6)

Safeway offer: This week B4 Old Dutch Chips @ 4 for $10 and Get 2 FREE 1.5 or 2L Coca-Cola Products.
    Safeway offer: BOGO M&Ms or Maltesers = second bag FREE
    Hand in a "4 Old Dutch Bags and Get 1 M&Ms /Maltesers Mars Mfg coupon" = first Bag FREE

Lots of junk food for $10 or less. Make it part of the $100 for 100 Airmile offer and it gets better.

M&M's
    BUY ONE GET ONE FREE
    Or Maltesers. 162 to 230 g. Or Mars Chocolate Bars. Assorted varieties. 4's.
    WITH CLUB CARD

Price Valid 5/4/12 - 5/10/12

Last edited by JadeDragon; Sun, May 6th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    GypsyGirl and Liliana55 like this.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

You guys are genius!! Makes me want to try it today just becuz!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information