Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1155Likes

Thread: The Dog Club!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I have two dogs...well, one "belongs" to my husband (by the dog's choice) and one "belongs" to me. But they are both ours. Ringo wandered up our drive one night, starving and clearly craving human attention. I lured him into our garage with a bowl full of food, and he has been ours ever since. BTW, "Ringo" does not refer to the Beatles. He is named after the best dog character in SF from the novel "Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymede." My dog, Hope, came from a shelter. She is a sweet little brat...and, frankly, I'm not sure I would like dog who didn't have a "tude."
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I came across this on Pinterest and it's our little Doxie, Jenny for sure!

Whenever I'm sitting quietly with a glass of wine, she's on my lap (she usually is), staring at the glass, then at me, back to the glass, as if she's asking me to take it down in one shot so that she can lick out the glass!
    I've created a monster. A precious little moster who in no uncertain terms lets us know exactly what she's after.
    Seems she's not the only Doxie who likes to lick the glass...

walkonby and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  max valentines day 2018.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  168.0 KB

Valentines Day and I was bawling my eyes out, of course....it's only been a couple of months since my spouse of many years died.
    My dog is wagging his tail with trepidation, almost as if saying, "Please don't cry, Mommy....I'm here for you...."
    It was an excruciating day. I am all alone; completely....and I miss my love so much.

My sister lambasted me a couple of weeks ago, saying that my crying and negativity was bringing her down, so I apologize for sounding sad here; hope I haven't brought anybody 'down'. Just wanted to share a photo of my wonderful, caring, best friend.
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Sat, Feb 17th, 2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@GatineauGirl , many hugs are sent your way. My heart breaks for you and please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Btw your pup is freaking adorable!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

This is my monkey. He's always good for a laugh

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  334.8 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Thu, Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    @GatineauGirl , many hugs are sent your way. My heart breaks for you and please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Btw your pup is freaking adorable!
    Oh, thank you so much, harbie! I am feeling so alone, and horribly sad & tearful all the time. Your comments helped bring some light into my darkness. . . and a smile, just because you think my 4-legged baby is 'freaking adorable'! Really....you made a nice difference to my day.
    harbie, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a doll! Just want to pick him up and cuddle him!
    harbie and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello Gatineau Girl-oh, my gosh! Your feelings are still raw if your loss was just a while ago! I found a grief support group through the local hospice and sometimes through the Cancer Society-even if this was not the cause if your loved one's passing. Try a faith group or a YM or YWCA. You will find that talking with someone who knows what you are experiencing is helpful. Friends and relatives just don't understand unless they have experienced a loss.

I'm so glad you have a fur-friend who can give you some smiles. S/he looks lovely-as does Harbie!

I have a question for those of you who have been through a female dog's heat. My poor doggie needs to have a hernia repaired in her abdomen and also to be spayed. I inherited her and all of her problems just before Christmas. She just recovered from surgery to have all her teeth removed as they were in such bad shape, but I am fearing that she is now in heat and so we'll have to postpone the spay and hernia surgery for a couple of months. She has not shown a lot of discharge but I had another dog that didn't, either. She has started eating like a little piggy. Oh boy! Any ideas about recognizing the signs?
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Name:  max valentines day 2018.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  168.0 KB

Valentines Day and I was bawling my eyes out, of course....it's only been a couple of months since my spouse of many years died.
    My dog is wagging his tail with trepidation, almost as if saying, "Please don't cry, Mommy....I'm here for you...."
    It was an excruciating day. I am all alone; completely....and I miss my love so much.

My sister lambasted me a couple of weeks ago, saying that my crying and negativity was bringing her down, so I apologize for sounding sad here; hope I haven't brought anybody 'down'. Just wanted to share a photo of my wonderful, caring, best friend.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is not easy. I am sure your SC family would not think you are bringing them down. We are here for you so if you are feeling sad reach out to us .
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Murphy is the most jealous dog ever! We can never pet the cats or Rufus or give out treats without him pushing himself in between and demanding HIS attention. He'll climb right on top of Rufus to get attention.
    If he even hears me greeting the cats at various times during the day ( yes I talk to my furbabies! ) the whining starts and I have to walk over to where he is and give him a belly rub and a head pat, assuring him that HE is the favourite....lol.

Anyhow, he was noticing that for a few weeks now Rufus has been getting these eyedrops....well special attention lets say,
    and he hasn't. So now after we do the drops to Rufus we close the cap on the bottle and pretend to put drops in his eye too! He is so adorable too, waiting and we talk to him and say " o.k. now it is your turn for a drop "
    The things we do to keep our pets happy!!! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@avoncallingu sorry I have no experience with female pups and being in heat (got my boy neutered long time ago)
    @walkonby I spit my water when I read you have to pretend eye drop Murphy!!! They can be such little buggers and we cave every time. I will pretend to add spices to Harley's food and then he'll eat it

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@GatineauGirl just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today. Hope things are getting a bit better everyday for you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

@GatineauGirl , your fur-baby is adorable! They have so so much love to give. You give it once, they return it twice. So sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. It takes time to grieve the loss of someone who was in your life for such a long time. Cherish the good times you had together. Hug your fur-baby lots

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GatineauGirl , I won't be as "nice" as others have been....WHAT an insensitive, horrible comment for your sister to make!!! She'd have been lucky not to have been slapped across her face had she said that to me in your state of grief!!!
    If it bothers her so much, just stay away for as long as you need to; being alone has to be less on an emotiona blow than being insulted by a so-called "loved one"!!
    I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your spouse. I can't begin to imagne the heart-ache you're feeling now, and only someone who's been through this can understand it. As @avoncallingu found, talking with others who have gone through this, being in a grief-counselling relationship helps her, so I'm hoping you can find something similar in your area.

Your little puppers is too cute, and their concern for us is overwhelming, that's something I have experienced! Hug him tight and then bake lots of treats for him!

I came on here to post this, but only now I realize how appropriate it is.....God bless you, Hon.

walkonby and GatineauGirl like this.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information