User Tag List

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.consolidatedcredit.ca/cre...s-spend-money/

I thought this was an interesting chart on where the average Canadian's money is spent. There's also a link to the oriignal Stats Can article.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm assuming the "housing" percentage includes property taxes.
    It looks fairly reasonable except I think transpotation is too big. We need to find more economical means to travel as it will only get worse.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Transportation takes up a much bigger piece of our pie as DH works two hours away (one way) and our family is also two hours away. Personally, I would love to teleport.

The shelter category also includes vacation homes as well as accommodations while traveling.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    I'm assuming the "housing" percentage includes property taxes.
    It looks fairly reasonable except I think transpotation is too big. We need to find more economical means to travel as it will only get worse.
    Our cities are too spread out, or people aren't willing to move to where they work. In places like Toronto and other major cities theres' too much workplaces concentrated in the dt core. I'm no urban planner but I think that's the bulk of it.

Oh, but it doesn't help that while my bus pass keeps increasing in price (partly to accommodate bus driver's wages and inflation) my wages hasn't increased. So yes I'm spending more on transit in the past 6 years and that will keep increasing. Service is shotty at best.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am actually moving my practice in part for the transportation factor (a large part actually haha!) and I am totally pumped about it, it will take my work commute from 45 minutes each way to 7 minutes each way, effective August 1st, I CAN'T WAIT!! It will be A LOT of savings for me and my family
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Oh, but it doesn't help that while my bus pass keeps increasing in price (partly to accommodate bus driver's wages and inflation) my wages hasn't increased. So yes I'm spending more on transit in the past 6 years and that will keep increasing. Service is shotty at best.
    I see you are also in Ottawa. The OC Transpo fare increases are getting ridiculous, aren't they? Though I can't complain tooo much about the service - I've lived in some small towns, where the transit services make OC Transpo look great by comparasin.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep, that's me

food and shelter that's where all my money goes.

Thread Information