User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 18,500 bp wus $75 on anything! JUNE 4th-8th!

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Just got this little card in my mailbox! Woohoo, and right before the super redemption event too. On the back of the card it even hints at the upcoming 'spend your points event'

Happy Shopping!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Yes June 9 @ 10 get bonus money. Spend 40,000 get $90 off and 80,000 get $200 off

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I think its better to go for that than tom 20x the points.
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Fri, May 25th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

yes but only if you spend $75. If you purchase more than $100.00, a 20x event would give you more points.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    I think its better to go for that than tom 20x the points.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

For me personally it depends on the flyer. I have a hard time spending $75 usually so I tend to do more of the 20x wus $50 events.

The most recent flyer with 20x pts day didn't appeal to me at all so I'm hoping for some better sales in the next flyer.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    For me personally it depends on the flyer. I have a hard time spending $75 usually so I tend to do more of the 20x wus $50 events.

The most recent flyer with 20x pts day didn't appeal to me at all so I'm hoping for some better sales in the next flyer.
    I have this problem too. SDM is super over priced even when items are on "sale" so I have a hard enough time getting to $50 let alone $75. In the past I think 90% of my 20x promotions have been diapers for my sister. (She normally uses cloth but sometimes uses disposables for whatever reason)

I just can't bring myself to buy something at SDM even if I have a coupon for it and even if its on "sale" when I can get it up to half off at regular price at Walmart.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by robin1234s View Post
    yes but only if you spend $75. If you purchase more than $100.00, a 20x event would give you more points.
    you are right if you spend more than $75, 20x is better, can't find anything I need for this week' s flyer, I am hoping to find some good deals next week LOL..

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I have this problem too. SDM is super over priced even when items are on "sale" so I have a hard enough time getting to $50 let alone $75. In the past I think 90% of my 20x promotions have been diapers for my sister. (She normally uses cloth but sometimes uses disposables for whatever reason)

I just can't bring myself to buy something at SDM even if I have a coupon for it and even if its on "sale" when I can get it up to half off at regular price at Walmart.
    I guess it depends on what you normally buy, but I have no problem spending money there and I rarely buy cosmetics or fragrances.
    The Highliner is almost always 4.99 or 5.99, the milk and eggs are always cheaper than anywhere hands down, the cases of pop are usually 3/9.99, europe's best frozen fruit 4.99, and diapers are on sale (good sale) every second week.
    Most weeks my grocery shopping STARTS at SDM, then I get whatever is left at a grocery store.
    Just my two cents, but yes, it definitely depends on what you need.
    mydusty and renegado like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Me too - once I pick up 3-4 milk, honey, fruit snacks, cheese and maybe bread and eggs - I'm close to the $50 - almost all the stuff I buy are food items that are cheaper or on par with the grocery store
    mydusty likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    you are right if you spend more than $75, 20x is better, can't find anything I need for this week' s flyer, I am hoping to find some good deals next week LOL..
    Totally agree...20x event had no good sales ....so passed up...hopefully some good sales with the 18500 event

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Thanks for the info!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I guess it goes from person to person how they feel about SDM. I love reading others opinions on other stores, especially if I had such great time finding great deals at some stores. Example, SDM is my first choice for sales. They have actual sale, if it says sale, its a sale, not like SuperStore or Wal Mart where they give you $.50 off and call it a sale. SDM has a great clearance section too. Same with Rexall. Those two are my favorite for finding "gems"... When I go to SDM on Sat's to spend $50 to get 20x points, I feel like kid in a candy store. So many great things on sale and I love manager sales and coupons. Milk, we go through milk so fast that I love going there almost every night to check out if I can get milk for less than a $1. Usually I do. Last time I got 2 jugs of milk for $.80. They were gone before a week was over. So, its great hearing others what they think of some stores. But I still think Rexall and SDM have the best BEST sales and clearance sections. Also, for all meat I always go to Save on Foods, you just cant beat those prices.
    Last edited by MostarkaGirl; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    I guess it goes from person to person how they feel about SDM. I love reading others opinions on other stores, especially if I had such great time finding great deals at some stores. Example, SDM is my first choice for sales. They have actual sale, if it says sale, its a sale, not like SuperStore or Wal Mart where they give you $.50 off and call it a sale. SDM has a great clearance section too. Same with Rexall. Those two are my favorite for finding "gems"... When I go to SDM on Sat's to spend $50 to get 20x points, I feel like kid in a candy store. So many great things on sale and I love manager sales and coupons. Milk, we go through milk so fast that I love going there almost every night to check out if I can get milk for less than a $1. Usually I do. Last time I got 2 jugs of milk for $.80. They were gone before a week was over. So, its great hearing others what they think of some stores. But I still think Rexall and SDM have the best BEST sales and clearance sections. Also, for all meat I always go to Save on Foods, you just cant beat those prices.
    I am with you!!!

I am usually go to the Asian store for groceries but there are certain things in SDM that is so much better! For example, Colgate tooth paste, almost every month they are on sale at 0.99$ or 1.99$, last month on the bonus redemption day I got 3lbs of Dole bananas for 0.99$ and they are all good! There is no where else you would find that price for bananas except clearance (maybe)

I love shopping at SDM, I just wish one day they can be like WM, or even more than that, one stop for everything!
    carlyincanada likes this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see this flyer. I didn't buy much for the last 20x event.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

The only thing I find SDM is good for on sale prices that are lower then everywhere else is eggs. Almost always.

Otherwise I'd have to disagree and say that WM, NF and other grocery stores ALWAYS offer better prices hands down. I find when SDM puts something on "sale" in their flyer its often cheaper if I just go to walmart and buy it when it is not on sale there.

It actually surprises me to read some peoples brags about paying $5.99 for a block of no name cheese or $3.33 for a case of pop when these items go on sale for way cheaper else where. (Name brand cheese often goes for $3.99 and canned pop for $2.97) Same with things such as Europes Best fruit frozen, didn't Metro have it on sale for like $2.88 a few weeks ago? Thats much cheaper then $4.99 which was the SDM "sale" price at the time.

But at the same time I realise not everyone can stockpile what they need to make it to the next rock bottom sale. I've sometimes (rarely) found myself buying canned pop at $3.33, but if I can help it I refuse to as its a waste of an extra $0.36, more if I buy several cases.

I think some are right that it all depends on what you buy, but for us we don't drink much milk or eat much eggs and are stockpiled on most things already. I do find that their papertowel is really cheap then everywhere else and same quality as Bounty so I always buy that.

I think it also hugely depends on the stores I always hear people saying about managers stickers and clearance but my SDM rarely if ever has anything on clearance and when they do its like $2.50 for Lady speed stick deodorant when you can get it on sale for $2. They also never have manager stickers, only ever seen one once on a tub of Activia yogurt and it was still $4 despite it going on sale often for $2.99

But to each their own I guess
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    ssbean likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information