User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Lets Get The Selling Of Coupons STOPPED!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If I weren't on the mobile phone, I'd like this X1000. People are acting so high and mighty when everyone here is doing essentially the same thing. What makes taking multiples for trading more ethical than taking multiples for ebay and basically selling them for $1 which would just cover postge and becomes pretty much an roak? How is there a difference. The result is the same. Multiples.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    People whine about people selling on Ebay, but have no problem trading for gift cards, or HV coupons, or having multiples to trade. Basically a pot calling a kettle black. There is no difference.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    If I weren't on the mobile phone, I'd like this X1000. People are acting so high and mighty when everyone here is doing essentially the same thing. What makes taking multiples for trading more ethical than taking multiples for ebay and basically selling them for $1 which would just cover postge and becomes pretty much an roak? How is there a difference. The result is the same. Multiples.
    i will like this post x1000 as well...I used to love to trade on SC. I have noticed as of the last few months the outrageous requests for auctions etc. It almost seems that auctions are the norm now... It just boggles my mind that someone would post an FPC for auction and expect 3 times what its worth in HV coupons or other (albeit hard to get) FPCs. There's no way I would ever pay someone a $20 gc for anything - I'm better off just taking that $20 and using it to buy what I intended for in the beginning. But that's just me.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

To me it's a non issue. This has been going on for years. Running to the manufacturer is just silly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Definitely. The hand that feeds you right now is giving you coupons. By emailing them complaining about how you can't find them, you are biting the hand that feeds you. Coupons are not a right and manufacturers can pull them at any time. In a perfect world, people would get all the coupons they wanted. But the world isn't perfect. There is hunger, and starvation and people strugglign in a bad economy. I have had 5 jobs in 5 years and had to change careers (after only 5 years in it!) because my industry is dying. The world ain't perfect. Coupons help, but they are not a right and there are much worse things in the world than not getting coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I don't like people selling on ebay but I am 100% positive that if manufacturers are emailed about this, they will stop issuing coupons period.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

we have way bigger issues in this world then this..be happy..if you get the coupons you like good..if not..buy them on ebay lol
    cdylan likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think Manufactures will say good bye to the coupons and just not bother its the cheapest way to deal with the problem.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I did try to start a petition to stop the selling of coupons on Ebay but I have come to realize it is pointless.....some people made comments about people on here doing it for gift cards....so many people complain about not getting coupons but yet they do nothing to support the selling of the coupons.....I will not send the manufactures emails because it will do more harm than good.....so I am just going to spend my energy on things I can change....I do not trade on here and I send out ROAKs to people and I am happy with that....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

All I can say is if you are not happy with the selling of coupons on Ebay, then don't go on ebay looking for them. We will never stop it, and manufacturers getting hundreds of emails won't help either. I can see this all coming to a head very shortly and manufacturers just stopping coupons altogether. It's not worth all the aggrivation. My solution.....post a list in every store that carries coupons, and have order forms. When you go to the till with your purchases, you had over your form, and the cashier gives you ONE of each coupon you want. That way, no one rips entire pads clean, everyone gets a coupon and no one complains about this crap anymore. Simple!
    sharkie and torontogal12 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What makes people think manufacturers will stop issuing coupons if they are made aware of fraud and other dodgy dealings?

Manufacturers issue coupons to advance their own interests, not to be generous to desperate or deal-hungry shoppers. (When we get a Brandsaver insert in our mailbox, P&G isn't RAOKing us.) They are in the business of selling products. As long as coupons help them sell products, they will keep on issuing them.

If you write to a manufacturer and tell them they lost a sale because the coupons they provided (not as a gift but as an incentive to purchase) were stolen and are being sold on ebay, and you refuse to buy stolen coupons on ebay (or any coupons anywhere), they are not going to stop issuing coupons. They are going to send you a thank-you note and A) do nothing, or B) work on finding better ways to get their coupons into the hands of people who will use them as intended.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    What makes people think manufacturers will stop issuing coupons if they are made aware of fraud and other dodgy dealings?

Manufacturers issue coupons to advance their own interests, not to be generous to desperate or deal-hungry shoppers. (When we get a Brandsaver insert in our mailbox, P&G isn't RAOKing us.) They are in the business of selling products. As long as coupons help them sell products, they will keep on issuing them.

If you write to a manufacturer and tell them they lost a sale because the coupons they provided (not as a gift but as an incentive to purchase) were stolen and are being sold on ebay, and you refuse to buy stolen coupons on ebay (or any coupons anywhere), they are not going to stop issuing coupons. They are going to send you a thank-you note and A) do nothing, or B) work on finding better ways to get their coupons into the hands of people who will use them as intended.
    That's true about they will send coupons another way.They can use facebook,websaver.ca, save.ca,gocoupons.ca and smartsource.ca and the coupon inserts Red Plum and SmartSource instead of shelf coupons then manufacturers can control how many people get coupons better.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdylan View Post
    I started selling on ebay when the nexxus coupons came out and were gone the first day. If you can't beat em, join em is what I say. I sell the coupons i get in recycle walks and make up bundles just for that reason, no i don't get the tearpads either but crying about it isn't going to help. I made about $12 last month and put it right back into coupons i need and am looking for. I don't see anything different from cash or gift cards like we do on smartcanucks. And i agree with lots of the other posters if we all start whining about not getting coupons the companies will just stop issuing them.
    i agree. i dont like trading coupons for gc's so i don't. but why would it bother me if someone else does? and i think its the same thing as selling them on ebay. if you can make a little cash to help with saving money or doing whatever you want with your sales, then go for it.

and as its been said a zillion times, if we complain, then we will all just lose out.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

it can't be as bad as duplicating print coupons like so many people have done. i am sure the manufactors did not intend for us to do that either. its kind of like printing money. its kind of like stealing??? lol

at least the ebay sales are upfront about what they are doing. and i hope they are real and not manufactored in someones house, that would be so wrong.

you never know. this couponing thing is getting stricter and stranger every day i find! lol
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post

You forgot option C) Prosecute those people who are selling their coupons. These are million dollar corporations. If they don't want people selling their coupons, they will just get a lawyer to send a cease your activities or else letter. I know someone that this has happened to before. As for the statement that companies will no longer issue coupons, what a riduclous statement. Coupons have been in use for over 150 years. Sending letters to a manufacture about people selling their coupons is not going to stop manufacturers from issuing coupons. This is how they market their products and have been doing it successfly all those years.
    renegado and etherealone like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Million dollar companies have much bigger fish to fry than a couple of dozen people selling 50 coupons. They have to worry about people buying less because of the economy, and keeping up with their million dollar competitors, and keeping shareholders happy, and preventing their stock from tanking, and counterfeiters and people stealing from their shipping tankers, and keeping a good image in the media, and hiring the best employees and....I can go on for a while.

And how is companies no longer issuing coupons a "ridiculous" statement? I think everyone here will agree that the value of coupons is getting to be less and less (found one for $0.25 yesterday). And that there are fewer coupons available in general. The whole point of coupons is to get multiple people to try products. If its clear that it's only a select few are using them, companies will see that there are better ways of promoting items to ensure multiple people see it. If manufacturers keep getting letters from people saying "I can't find your coupons" will they really continue to market their products through coupons when they aren't reaching the number of people they intended and sorting complaint emails will just become a waste of their time?

There are other ways to market (sample giveaways through internet or at festivals, event sponsorship, tv/radio ads, Facebook ads, hiring celebrities to post about you on Twitter, undercutting your competitor)...etc"

Quote Originally Posted by FredMerc View Post
    You forgot option C) Prosecute those people who are selling their coupons. These are million dollar corporations. If they don't want people selling their coupons, they will just get a lawyer to send a cease your activities or else letter. I know someone that this has happened to before. As for the statement that companies will no longer issue coupons, what a riduclous statement. Coupons have been in use for over 150 years. Sending letters to a manufacture about people selling their coupons is not going to stop manufacturers from issuing coupons. This is how they market their products and have been doing it successfly all those years.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Jun 1st, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: replaced dropped word
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Million dollar companies have much bigger fish to fry than a couple of dozen people selling 50 coupons. They have to worry about people buying less because of the economy, and keeping up with their million dollar competitors, and keeping shareholders happy, and preventing their stock from tanking, and counterfeiters and people stealing from their shipping tankers, and keeping a good image in the media, and hiring the best employees and....I can go on for a while.

And how is companies no longer issuing coupons a "ridiculous" statement? I think everyone here will agree that the value of coupons is getting to be less and less (found one for $0.25 yesterday). And that there are fewer coupons available in general. The whole point of coupons is to get multiple people to try products. If its clear that it's only a select few are using them, companies will see that there are better ways of promoting items to ensure multiple people see it. If manufacturers keep getting letters from people saying "I can't find your coupons" will they really continue to market their products through coupons when they aren't reaching the number of people they intended and sorting complaint emails will just become a waste of their time?

There are other ways to market (sample giveaways through internet or at festivals, event sponsorship, tv/radio ads, Facebook ads, hiring celebrities to post about you on Twitter, undercutting your competitor)...etc"

It isn't a couple dozen people selling 50 coupons. It is hundreds of people selling thousands of coupons. Have you checked ebay lately for how many coupon auctions are going on per week. These people on ebay are making a business out of selling coupons, and it needs to be stopped. It is not just a few people making chump change. Don't kid yourself thinking that these companies have better things to do. People selling their coupons is a big thing that is interfering with their martketing plans. Coupons are major marketiing for these companies, and if people continue to keep selling them, and that is a business, they will do something about it and stop these people. Sure there are other ways to market their products, but it is extremely unlikely that they will stop issuing coupons when they have 150 years of a proven track record that this way of marketing works. You don't abandon something that works, you remove the obstacle that prevents it from working smoothly.

As for the amount of coupons being a lower value, not everyone agrees so don't speak for others. Coupons now are at the highest that they have ever been. Only 10 to 15 years ago, you were lucky to get a coupon that had $1.00 on it. Most were 25 and 50 cents. Having one over $2.00 was almost unheard of. Today, most coupons are at least $1.00 with a few at 25 to 75 cents. Coupons at 2 to 4 dollars are also found quite frequently.
    renegado likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information